+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 68 FirstFirst ... 171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: DialIdol & Fan Poll Discussion for DWTS **POSSIBLE SPOILERS**

FORT Fogey

Re: DialIdol & Fan Poll Discussion for DWTS **POSSIBLE SPOILERS**

I don't think a lot of people are going to be happy, but here goes....
    Vote 1 which has been the very best indicator is no longer operational - very bad for us as they were usually fairly accurate with one vote per computer per week.

Dial Idol which is all that we have right now has not always been that accurate, but I am afraid we can't completely dismiss this picture as it is very obvious for last night - maybe her fans, maybe vote for the worst, or maybe backlash and sympathy votes against the judges:

Kate 57.5
    Buzz 24.9
    Pam 21.1
    Chad 21,0
    Niecy 16.0

Bottom 2 Shannon followed by Aiden in last.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

Where do the others stand?

I had a bad feeling Khate would come in first. Sigh...let's hope she screws up next week big time.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by mandmmom2;3860841;
    Where do the others stand?

I had a bad feeling Khate would come in first. Sigh...let's hope she screws up next week big time.
    I left them out because they fall fairly closely together in the middle of the pack:

Nicole 11.9
    Evan 11.0
    Erin 10.0
    Jake 9.5

These scores are so, so close though that you would not be able to count on them either way.

However, that top number (Kate's number of 57.5) is so significantly higher than even the second number (more than twice) that it can't be discounted.
    If someone were going home tonight, it would NOT be Kate. I am not a betting person, but if I were, I would be willing to bet on that one.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3860848;
    I left them out because they fall fairly closely together in the middle of the pack:

Nicole 11.9
    Evan 11.0
    Erin 10.0
    Jake 9.5

These scores are so, so close though that you would not be able to count on them either way.

However, that top number (Kate's number of 57.5) is so significantly higher than even the second number (more than twice) that it can't be discounted.
    If someone were going home tonight, it would NOT be Kate. I am not a betting person, but if I were, I would be willing to bet on that one.
    This is interesting -- Nicole at 11.9 and in the middle of the pack after delivering a near-perfect performance (according to the judges). Is the public already rebelling against another obvious ringer? The fact that Kate is so far ahead of everybody else proves the voting has nothing to do with dancing ability. And Buzz, God love him, is second.

FORT Fogey

Ugh! It sucks that VoteNumber1 is gone!

I am shocked by Kate's numbers. Is this an organized voting block? I did not vote last night but I would bet there were a lot of casual votes, and I don't see how she could have picked up many of those.

Is VFTW still operational?

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I was beyond bummed when I found out Vote #1 wasn't up anymore. I wonder why?

Anyway, I'm hoping that Dial Idol isn't accurate. I don't know how much stock I put into it because it hasn't had the best track record, and I don't think it's numbers changed from last night at midnight and now (and the show hadn't aired on the West Coast yet). In all honesty, those figures wouldn't surprise me in terms of Kate not being in danger of leaving and Aiden being the one to go. But I have a hard time believing she's that high and outdid other couples. Same with Buzz.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3861012;
    I was beyond bummed when I found out Vote #1 wasn't up anymore. I wonder why?

Anyway, I'm hoping that Dial Idol isn't accurate. I don't know how much stock I put into it because it hasn't had the best track record, and I don't think it's numbers changed from last night at midnight and now (and the show hadn't aired on the West Coast yet). In all honesty, those figures wouldn't surprise me in terms of Kate not being in danger of leaving and Aiden being the one to go. But I have a hard time believing she's that high and outdid other couples. Same with Buzz.
    It's a shame concerning Vote #1 as it was our best and most accurate indicator as each computer got one vote per week. It is also true that Dial Idol is not always on, but it is never that far off (57.5)! She came in substantially -very substantially - on top. Now how that was done, I don't know.
    Here is where we need sdl who was very good at figuring out how and why things are the way they are. I don't know how they work, but I do hear that there are groups that have systems set up where a vote goes in every few seconds, etc. Don't hold me to anything, though, because I vote the old fashioned way - on the ABC site. I got my fair and square 11 votes.

Now, I do remember sdl being very upset at the final between Gilles and Shawn. He called someone he knew and was told that there had been "dirty voting" for Gilles - the producers or whoever is in charge of the voting recognized the scheme and how it was done - when the (dirty) voting was cleaned up, Shawn had gone into the lead.

I am going to make an assumption that the people in charge of voting will note if something looks way out and/or totally off and will try to adjust accordingly.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Since I don't follow DI that closely, would they be combining both weeks totals? Because no one went home this week, so next week everything gets combined. I feel like that's going to shake the order up a little.

While again Aiden being in the bottom after last night doesn't surprise me, I have a hard time imagining Kate and Buzz, out of all other couples, being the top 2 vote getters Since I always had vote #1 I never followed DI as closely but I thought they were fairly inaccurate anymore. Last season, there were only two times I can recall where they were right and vote #1 was wrong (the two stinking times I would have prayed for them to be wrong-when Natalie and Louie's elimination weeks). And with their recordings they have a MOE but predict Shannen and Jake as potentially being in the bottom 3? Something just seems...odd about that. But we have a whole week to wait and worry At least I do. Here's hoping Kate totally bombs her jive and Aiden steps his game up.

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

Wow, I am shocked! How in the world could Kate's numbers be that much higher than everyone else? Not even considering that she sucked and it's hard to believe that people voted for her at all, it seems like there would have to be some sort of mechanism being used to push the number so much higher than even the second place number.

FORT Fogey

People Poll as of today:

Dancing with the Stars Premieres! - PEOPLE TV Watch

Nicole Scherzinger and Derek Hough 29% (11,932 votes)
    Evan Lysacek and Anna Trebunskaya 12% (5,144 votes)
    Chad Ochocinco and Cheryl Burke 11% (4,521 votes)
    Pamela Anderson and Damian Whitewood 10% (4,199 votes)
    Erin Andrews and Maksim Chmerkovskiy 10% (4,065 votes)
    Niecy Nash and Louis Van Amstel 10% (4,032 votes)
    Kate Gosselin and Tony Dovolani 8% (3,403 votes)
    Shannen Doherty and Mark Ballas 3% (1,347 votes)
    Jake Pavelka and Chelsie Hightower 3% (1,279 votes)
    Buzz Aldrin and Ashly Costa 2% (963 votes)
    Aiden Turner and Edyta Sliwinska 2% (797 votes)

Total Votes: 41,682

Kate reminds of Clay Aiken. There is a small be powerful core group of fans that will fight tooth-and-nail for them. Plus, if people don't know the backstory behind Kate, they won't know any better and the whole "kids" and "mom" show may work. Blech.

I am NOT a fan of Edyta. Her choreography stinks (always has) and her stars suffer. She needs help. Pooer Aiden. I would like to have seen him do more.
    Last edited by Jexter; 03-24-2010 at 03:11 AM.

+ Reply to Thread