+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 67 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152535455565758596061 ... LastLast

Thread: 3/09 Show Discussion **spoilers**

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Re: 3/09 Show Discussion **spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by abbyb1;3377231;
    If Mel does very well (after the backlash Jason got), it will only serve to reinforce what a tool Jason is.
    I didn't watch the Bachelor, so I really don't have much feeling about this situation - but I don't see how her performance will reflect on Jason at all.

When it became obvious that Melissa was going last instead of ahead of Denise, my first thought was don't they usually end with one of the better performances? So I keeping my fingers crossed and was actually impressed that Mel did as well as she did with only 48 hours practice. Just because she has been on other reality shows has nothing to do with dancing skills. I'm anxious to see what she does with a full week of practice.

We watch reality tv to be entertained and with all the hoopla over Bachelor, I'm entertained.

I'm so glad this show is back. It's such a fun reality show, both for the contestants & for the viewers.
    I've never heard of Gilles before. I never watched Sex & the City, or apparently anything else he's been in, but I'll remember him now. He was great & has great presence. He & Cheryl have wonderfull chemistry on the dance floor. I'm looking forward to seeing how he does on the more graceful dances, like the waltz.
    Melissa also did great. Especially for only having 2 days.
    Of course, I loved Shawn. I loved her in the Olympics & am so glad her dancing was so good. That way she'll probably be sticking around.
    In fact, they all seemed to really be making every effort this year. I'm expecting a lot of competetion this year.
    I spent the whole 2 hours smiling at the TV. Am I a dance nerd or what?

I think Melissa deserved my votes tonight.She did very well with just 2 days practice and I can hardly wait to see her dance the salsa next week. I've watched this show since season 1 and most of the time it's not the talent but the big fan base that keeps the contestant in. I think Melissa has the talent and the fan base to go far.

I tried to vote for Steve-O (didn't see that coming), the comedian guy, Shawn and Melissa. But, all I got were busy signals and then sometimes just dead silence. Weird.

This is really my first season because I have never really been interested (I watched a few episodes when Mario Lopez was on). I am only watching because I became a fan of Shawn during the Olympics and I am a big ol' Bachelor buff. Congrats ABC, you finally got me.

As for the status of Melissa being a 'star': obviously she is not. But then again, I have never heard of most of these contestants... in fact, pre-show, I knew Shawn, Jewel, Denise Richards and Lil Kim. I did a little research and it does not seem like they get many A or B list celebs so I don't know why everyone is so fired up over Melissa's selection. In fact, 'star' seems to have a very loose meaning on this show: rodeo champion (tons of those), rich guy who started a multi-million dollar company (see Fortune 500 list, are all those people stars too?)... see how these people may not necessarily fit the/our connotative version of 'star.' When I think 'star' I picture Angelina Jolie/Britney Spears/Julia Roberts types. I do not see any of these folks on the show.

As for Melissa, she has been on two reality shows, whereas the other new girl is one of Heffner's sex buddies (seriously!), right?.. and was on his reality show. So why is everyone mad about them selecting another reality show star (Melissa)...? I am so confused...

mindy, the "silent" voting calls probably went through. My votes started out with silence, then the "thank you for voting blah blah" recording. Next time wait until you hear the recording and then hang up (but I bet they went through).
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

sdl

Quote Originally Posted by mindy384;3377454;
    I tried to vote for Steve-O (didn't see that coming), the comedian guy, Shawn and Melissa. But, all I got were busy signals and then sometimes just dead silence. Weird.

This is really my first season because I have never really been interested (I watched a few episodes when Mario Lopez was on). I am only watching because I became a fan of Shawn during the Olympics and I am a big ol' Bachelor buff. Congrats ABC, you finally got me.

As for the status of Melissa being a 'star': obviously she is not. But then again, I have never heard of most of these contestants... in fact, pre-show, I knew Shawn, Jewel, Denise Richards and Lil Kim. I did a little research and it does not seem like they get many A or B list celebs so I don't know why everyone is so fired up over Melissa's selection. In fact, 'star' seems to have a very loose meaning on this show: rodeo champion (tons of those), rich guy who started a multi-million dollar company (see Fortune 500 list, are all those people stars too?)... see how these people may not necessarily fit the/our connotative version of 'star.' When I think 'star' I picture Angelina Jolie/Britney Spears/Julia Roberts types. I do not see any of these folks on the show.

As for Melissa, she has been on two reality shows, whereas the other new girl is one of Heffner's sex buddies (seriously!), right?.. and was on his reality show. So why is everyone mad about them selecting another reality show star (Melissa)...? I am so confused...
    Mindy, I agree with everything you say except one thing:
    Ty Murray is not one of "lots of rodeo champions..." He is the greatest rodeo cowboy who ever lived - hands down. He won the world All-Around Championship seven times, more than anyone else in history. He is to rodeo what Michael Jordan is to basketball or Lance Armstrong is to cycling.
    I understand it's not a sport you follow but he is the best ever - ever - at what he does and a huge star to people who know something about rodeo.
    He's also broken both shoulders and had both knees totally reconstructed.
    I know he can't dance but let's not belittle his qualifications to be on the show because he is by far the biggest real "star" (at what he does) on a show of people who barely even qualify as celebrities.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Blues Songstres;3377409;
    I didn't watch the Bachelor, so I really don't have much feeling about this situation - but I don't see how her performance will reflect on Jason at all.
    I guess I'm kind of confused over all of that, but if I cared enough to watch The Bachelor maybe it'd make better sense about the whole break up. But I'm with you, if he wanted Melissa back only because she's on another TV show and for now has all this sympathy and fan fare he really would be a tool. He's with the woman he says he loves (for now) so I honestly don't think he'd care. He's probably rolling his eyes that she's riding the wave of publicity and keeping her 15 seconds going. He probably won't be the only one down the road.

Tom mentioned pre-show that Dmitry could give Maks and Tony a run for their money in going shirtless the most and earliest. Hey, if it makes for a dance off shirts off between those 3, all hail Dmitry

I've always thought it was unfair to only have the women in skimpy costumes.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

She is not very well known for any non-bachelor fans and they needed to introduce her "star" status.
    star?

Melissa also gets a ton of money for doing DWTS.

Wonder if poor Deanna was waiting in the wings. After all, she's also a Bachelor reject.

+ Reply to Thread