+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Melissa from Bachelor takes over for Nancy O'Dell

Re: Melissa from Bachelor takes over for Nancy O'Dell

I just read the news today that Melissa was taking over Nancy's spot and couldn't be happier to continue watching Mel. I sure hope she doesn't get voted off for lack of time to prepare but hopefully with some of her background she will be able to pull it off and play catch up. Whether she is a "star" or not doesn't make any difference to me. I love her attitude and I predict she will apply it to her dancing.
    Last edited by illusions; 03-09-2009 at 12:38 PM. Reason: left off a word (read first!)

FORT Regular

I have always heard," if you fall from a horse, get right back in the saddle and ride". Go Melissa, this may be your best ride.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by dancingfan;3376021;
    ITA, this Melissa girl is not a star. I guess ABC had to act fast to find a replacement, but to me, this is the bottom of the barrel.
    If it hadn't been for all the media hype I wouldn't know who she was.

Well, it is last minute and they are busy celebrities. Perhaps they had other commitments. I'm sure someone as busy as those two would need more time to adjust their schedule. Especially since htey have small kids.
    I didn't literally mean that they pick Heidi as a last minute replacement. If they want replacements I'd have to expect them to pick not even D-listers if they wanted to have a full cast. I guess I was more thinking aloud that Heidi, one of the most well known supermodels out there, is interested in doing this show and looking at some of the people they wind up with in the end. Maybe there's a reason, maybe not.
    Last edited by karalott; 03-09-2009 at 01:24 PM.

FORT Newbie

I have a good friend who's wife used to be a San Francisco 49ers cheerleader, leaving the squad about four years ago. She said they often had to learn new routines with very little rehearsal, sometimes with just hours to go before a game, so the ability to learn new choreography quickly was one of the criteria for making the squad. I suspect that the DCC are no different in this regard.

So, based on that info, here's MHO, which I'll admit up front isn't worth much!

Let's see how Melissa does. With only four days of rehearsal, does she have the skills to pull it off? After tonight's show, there will be three possibilities:

1. She tanks, and the sympathy vote will not carry her thru to the next rounds.

2. She does OK, and the sympathy votes help carry her thru to next week.

3. She does brilliantly and thus picks up a ton of new fans that easily carry her thru to more rounds and another ratings coup for ABC.

Personally, I hope she does well and holds her own. I'd like to see a more natural and personal side to her than the heavily-edited version we were given on TB. And although it's a lot of work, I think she'll have fun, too. Goodness knows she could use some!

However, on another note, I really want to see if the Apple Computer guru (Steve Wozniak) can dance!

FWIW. . .

ok, brooke burke WON dwts last season. how many of you had heard of her before she twirled onto the parquet?

the star power/q factor is questionable with the contestants in many cases, but, as an astute poster pointed out, the 'stars' are drawn from many areas of entertainment. every season i am introduced to at least one star i've never heard of.

this is a marketing coup for abc. whoever pulled this off should get a bonus.

i can't wait for tonight!!!

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by BeckyQOC;3376258;
    ok, brooke burke WON dwts last season. how many of you had heard of her before she twirled onto the parquet?

the star power/q factor is questionable with the contestants in many cases, but, as an astute poster pointed out, the 'stars' are drawn from many areas of entertainment. every season i am introduced to at least one star i've never heard of.

I had heard of Brooke. I do agree that there's usually a few people in the cast that have often raised eyebrows in getting on (Heather Mills anyone?) Maybe Melissa offered to do it, but it was last minute and if not her than probably the only Kardashian that hasn't yet done another reality show would have taken Nancy's place.

I will be watching now that Melissa is on, Brooke Burke was the only reason I watched last year.

FORT Newbie

Just read this on another board, from TB's Naomi:

MySpace.com Blogs - Melissa...Now Dancing With The Stars...YAY!!! - Naomi MySpace Blog

FWIW. . .

Quote Originally Posted by BeckyQOC;3376258;

I used to watch Rock Star INXS and Brooke was the host of that show, so I knew who she was. While they aren't look-a-likes, Denise Richards reminds me of Brooke somehow.

Melissa may not have "star" celebrity status, but I would think she has a little "star" reality status just coming off one heck of a season with Bachelor. I'm not going to mind watching her on DWTS, star status or not.

Quote Originally Posted by MHcarrollton;3376185;
    First off I had heard of Stacy Kiebler as I watch wrestling. Secondly, my post indicated that it was further evidence of it becoming Dancing with the who's which implies their was evidence prior to Melissa that the celebrities were not celebrities. Lastly, for a woman who said she wanted to heal and not be in the limelight, it sure took her a very short time to be willing to pimp herself out for ratings and more of her fifteen minutes. I see nothing classy about this girl other than she is just like the other reality people who want as much time on tv as they can.

Moxie to me does it not take to sign up for a 30,000 a week paycheck plus more tv time. Moxie would have been if she would have said no. If she was truly hurt by the tv break-up, than more tv time would not be a choice to help.
    Well, it has been over 6 weeks since the break up and I wouldn't pass up the opportunity if I were in her situation. She loves to dance and who can blame her for taking the money? If she had said yes to doing TB again then I might question her motives but she said no so because she has integrity and wants to distance herself from the liars and manipulators that are TB producers. Also, isn't there usually at least 1 Reality TV "star" in every season? Most of the time I only know about 3 of the "stars" which is why I don't usually watch the show but last season I mainly watched for Steve Guttenberg and this season I was only going to watch for Steve-O who I'm sure will only last 1 or 2 episodes so that's all I was planning to watch. Now, I'll probably watch the entire season because I'll bet that Melissa will last a really long time because not only will she be popular, she'll probably be the best or one of the best dancers. Not to mention that she's dancing with my favorite pro Tony.
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

+ Reply to Thread