+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Melissa from Bachelor takes over for Nancy O'Dell

Re: Melissa from Bachelor takes over for Nancy O'Dell

I was hugely disappointed when Nancy O'Dell got sidelined. I already had her pegged as my favorite. However, since she can't be one - well since I just got done watching the travesty that was this season's The Bachelor - I'm excited to see Melissa take the spot.

Now Holly I could like because of her name (mine is Holly...) but I didn't think she'd go all that far.

People CAN surprise you on that show so it wouldn't be fair to not give Holly a chance.

All in all I am going to be happy if it is true and Melissa is on. I was half-thinking of not watching the show this season. I don't watch every season, as for me, I need to have one or two people that I like. Even if they don't dance well.

Smiles,
    Holly

I am very happy she is going to be on the show. I think she will be great. I hope most will realize that the style of dance she knows is nothing like ballroom. She will have a bit of an advantage, but more disadvantates because of all the style rules she has to change.

Her and Shawn Johnson will be my favorites.
    Happiness isn't just an emotion, it is a state of mind.

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;3374687;
    Oh, good grief! Holly is a Hefner ex?
    Yep, she's one of the 'stars' of the reality show that shows Hef's life living with 4 women and Holly's one of them. Eeeeewwww is all I can say.

Quote Originally Posted by steppemaster;3374613;
    I can't imagine what it would feel like to have to dance tomorrow night in front of millions of viewers--live-- after only how many days of rehearsal? Probably less than a week.

Got to hand it to her for what my Grandmom used to call "moxie."
    She'll do great! She has the dancing experience Hope she rubs it in Jason's face!!!!!!!!!

Premium Member

So hopefully the judges give her and Holly some leeway when it comes to marks for the first couple of weeks, the others have had 2 months to prepare and I think her and Holly have had a few days.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by steppemaster;3374613;
    I can't imagine what it would feel like to have to dance tomorrow night in front of millions of viewers--live-- after only how many days of rehearsal? Probably less than a week.

Got to hand it to her for what my Grandmom used to call "moxie."
    She is a dancer...she will do just fine!!!! At least as well as Nancy would have done no matter what!

I cannot wait!!!

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by paridy;3374774;
    So hopefully the judges give her and Holly some leeway when it comes to marks for the first couple of weeks, the others have had 2 months to prepare and I think her and Holly have had a few days.
    The one thing I won't like, even though it seems like the only fair thing, is if Melissa or Holly land in the bottom 2 and do the dance off with another couple. I wouldn't like the judges to say 'they've only had a few days so we're giving them our votes even though you're better'. I know the judges votes will be added to their overall total so it may not make a difference. If Holly and Melissa wind up in the bottom 2 just skip the dance off and get rid of Holly. No way ABC will let Melissa leave first.

She is a dancer...she will do just fine!!!! At least as well as Nancy would have done no matter what!

I cannot wait!!!
    For Tony's sake I hope so. I was really excited he finally got a good partner with Nancy this season. But I wonder how many Bachelor viewers that don't watch DWTS will cross over, stayed tuned in, and if even with sympathy she'll last long. I guess we'll find out tomorrow!

FORT Fogey

I've been watching DWTS since the first season and have always been a fan of Tony's dancing and choreography. I am so happy he got Melissa rather than one of the token stars chosen to fill a football/comedian/senior/whatever spot.

Then there's this part of me that feels Jason the Bachelor is probably going to be peeved about this turn of events and that just seems like a bit of karma coming back to bite him.

It's nice to see she's getting a positive reception here. [mod edit]
    My first reaction was that ABC is trying to milk any ratings, notoriety, money, out of this whole Bachelor insanity as possible. Good for her. If that's what they want fine. Let her benefit too. She gets to be on TV again, have fun & learn ballroom dancing. Go for it
    I love this show. I say if she can dance, great.
    Last edited by Marleybone; 03-08-2009 at 11:29 PM.

I am so looking forward to Melissa being on DWTS. yes, she was a DCC but that doesn't mean she is a ringer for ballroom dancing. I think her personality will come through and shine more than on TB - which is all edited.
    It's now going to be hard as I was a Shawn fan from the git-go (my 16 yo son thinks she's hot!) but now I have 2 favorites to root for! You Go Mel!

+ Reply to Thread