Page 1 of 44 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Ty Murray & Chelsie Hightower - Season 8

Ty Murray & Chelsie Hightower - Season 8

PROFESSION:
    Rodeo athlete

PARTNER:
    Chelsie Hightower

BACKGROUND:
    Ty Murray has been labeled the most accomplished rodeo athlete in the century-long history of the sport. With a record-setting seven All-Around World Championship titles and two bull riding world titles under his belt, Murray has truly earned his nickname as "King of the Cowboys." Now retired from competition, Murray spends his time with his singer-songwriter wife, Jewel, on their 2,100-acre private ranch in Stephenville, Texas. Murray may have retired in the arena but he hasn't slowed down as a cowboy. In 2004, Murray helped shepherd National Day of the Horse unanimously through the U.S. Senate, encouraging Americans "to be mindful of the contribution of horses to economy, history and character of the United States." He runs his working cattle ranch and trains horses throughout the year. Additionally, he remains active with the Professional Bull Riders, Inc. (PBR), an organization he and 19 other elite bull riders founded in 1992. Murray serves as a board advisor, promotes a top level bull riding event in his hometown, and provides TV commentary for PBR events on NBC and VERSUS.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: Ty Murray & Chelsie Hightower - Season 8

I'll be curious to see how these 2 do. I don't know anything about Chelsie, but on other forums some people who watch both shows say they're surprised the producers went with her over some other dancers from SYTYCD. From their vibe she doesn't seem like she has a huge following. I don't know about Ty, either, but being Mr. Jewel may not hurt (or help).

FORT Regular

This Chelsie chick reminds me a lot of Julianne for some reason.

FORT Newbie

Chelsie was one of my favorite dancers from SYTYCD. When I heard that she was joining the DWTS cast I was so excited! I think once everyone sees her she will definately be a new favorite. I've never heard of Ty before so I'm not sure how he will do but I am definately rooting for this couple because of Chelsie.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3336297;
    I'll be curious to see how these 2 do. I don't know anything about Chelsie, but on other forums some people who watch both shows say they're surprised the producers went with her over some other dancers from SYTYCD. From their vibe she doesn't seem like she has a huge following. I don't know about Ty, either, but being Mr. Jewel may not hurt (or help).
    I believe she was one of the best dancers on the show last season and I think she is the best choice from last season to be on the show considering DWTS is a ballroom show, so I don't know what those other people are talking about.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

FORT Newbie

If anyone is interested you can pull up the dances she did on So You Think You Can Dance on YouTube and check her out. My favorites of hers were the Samba and the Salsa.

Quote Originally Posted by AbbyElle;3346263;
    If anyone is interested you can pull up the dances she did on So You Think You Can Dance on YouTube and check her out. My favorites of hers were the Samba and the Salsa.
    My favorite was her and Mark's "Bleeding Love" Hip Hop routine.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

FORT Newbie

Wasn't that great! Who knew hip hop could be so beautiful and romantic? Well, I guess romantic is the wrong word... but it definately got my heart going a little bit!

I loved it too - I think the choreographers called it "lyrical hip hop" - whatever that means!?

Have to say ...I always seemed to get a bitchy vibe off her...we'll see!
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

Quote Originally Posted by Gala62;3347081;
    I loved it too - I think the choreographers called it "lyrical hip hop" - whatever that means!?

Have to say ...I always seemed to get a bitchy vibe off her...we'll see!
    I always saw her as a lovable snark. Never cames across to me as b....y.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 44 1234567891011 ... LastLast