+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 44 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Ty Murray & Chelsie Hightower - Season 8

FORT Fogey

Re: Ty Murray & Chelsie Hightower - Season 8

Ty's twitter: LINK

Posted the info about it in the media thread.
    Last edited by ky-la; 03-16-2009 at 03:34 AM.

Ty really impressed me with his Quickstep! I thought he did a great job and was scored too low by the judges.
    ~Supernatural Addict~

I agree, he was scored too low. The judges comments were so positive and talked about what great improvement there was, but then the scores didn't come up that much. I actually thought his dance was one of the best last night.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by beachgirl4;3384890;
    I agree, he was scored too low. The judges comments were so positive and talked about what great improvement there was, but then the scores didn't come up that much. I actually thought his dance was one of the best last night.
    This is another example of how I think the judges are trying to control/ manipulate how this overall season plays out. It is as though they truly want to show the contestant what they think ( in terms of praise), but then they don't follow through on the score because that might put that person in too high of a spot to be eliminated in the general order in which the judges think it should happen.

I like this guy. I can't see him winning, but I like his humble, gracious try hard attitude.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

FORT Fogey

It would not surprise me if we don't see the judges giving him positive remarks but then scoring him lower for as long as he's on the show. Since Ty is not an entertainer in something like movies, singing, etc where being criticized and cut down is common, he's probably not as used to the negative remarks as someone like Denise Richards or Belinda Carlisle would be. From his response last week, I think that the negative comments REALLY got to him. The judges can generally be smart enough to recognzie who they can push and who will respond well to criticism, and who responds better to encouragement without the negative remarks. Given that all the reports are saying that Ty is there more for Jewel than himself, I think they know that if they piled on with criticism each week, they'd do him in.

FORT Fogey

I'm ticked that he wasn't scored higher. He should have been. Denise was a point higher and he scored the same as LT and Julieanne and he was the best of all them last night. I hope he makes it through the week as he should.

I thought he showed a lot of improvement from last week. And, he just seems so sweet.
    I'd never seen Chelsie before as I never watched SYTYCD, but I really like her. She is so much easier to watch than Lacey.......
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3385128;
    I thought he showed a lot of improvement from last week. And, he just seems so sweet.
    I'd never seen Chelsie before as I never watched SYTYCD, but I really like her. She is so much easier to watch than Lacey.......

You should look at some of her dances on youtube. She was amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Nova14;3385192;
    You should look at some of her dances on youtube. She was amazing.
    One of my best friends watched her faithfully on that show and loved her. I hope they can stay in longer so we can get to see more.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3385193;
    One of my best friends watched her faithfully on that show and loved her. I hope they can stay in longer so we can get to see more.
    She was my fave last season. I'm worried about tonight but hoping they can pull through and stick around too. I really don't think he deserves to go. Mad their scores weren't higher.

+ Reply to Thread