+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 44 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Ty Murray & Chelsie Hightower - Season 8

Re: Ty Murray & Chelsie Hightower - Season 8

He appeared to be very shy. I bet he is a good cowboy and I know he is great in the rodeo circuit - but he cannot dance! He will be gone quickly. Chelsie is adorable. Look forward to seeing more of her in future seasons of DWTS.

FORT Fogey

He was funny and she's cute as can be. I loved her on SYTYCD and I hope her fan base from that show can keep him in an extra week or two.

Ty is just ADORABLE!

Loved seeing Chelsie on SYTYCD, but I don't think she's going to be around long, either!

Too bad they can't let a bull in the ballroom!
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

it kinda felt to me that he was in it for his wife and now that she's out, his heart isn't in it as much.

but he's got that 'aw shucks' likability...unless he really gets into it, i'm not sure he has the fanbase to carry him a few weeks.

I also agree that he is a very nice guy, but you can see how un-comfortable he is, and he can't dance... at all. I do think that he wanted his wife there, and now that she is gone, he wants to be gone as well.
    ~Supernatural Addict~

Yeah, I'm pretty sure he'll be one of the first to go unless there are more rodeo fans out there than I realized.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by beachgirl4;3381023;
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure he'll be one of the first to go unless there are more rodeo fans out there than I realized.
    I was in Houston this time last year and went to the Rodeo. What an absolute blast!! Props to the cowboys and to this particular one for trying something so totally out of his comfort zone.
    No, he did not dance well, but I was impressed with his humble spirit especially considering he is a big star in his field and he is married to another big star in her field.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by beachgirl4;3381023;
    I think it'll come down to him or Woz going first. So I guess the battle of the computer vs rodeo fans. And it looks like Woz is bringing them out in full force. Ty still has the whole married to Jewel angle in his corner which may help him, but I doubt he'll make it past the 3rd dance. I don't know what type of fan base Chelsie has from SYTYCD and if that's enough to keep even him around. Much like the Woz, Ty seems extremely likeable (though more uncomfortable) so that could work in his favor, but I just don't see any of the other stars leaving this early.

FORT Fogey

I think Belinda could end up in bottom two first week. I don't see her pulling in tons of votes. I'd love to see Ty make it another week because I adore Chelsie but not so sure even if both are in B2 that he doesn't go first as judges will have final say.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3383095;
    I think it'll come down to him or Woz going first. So I guess the battle of the computer vs rodeo fans. And it looks like Woz is bringing them out in full force. Ty still has the whole married to Jewel angle in his corner which may help him, but I doubt he'll make it past the 3rd dance. I don't know what type of fan base Chelsie has from SYTYCD and if that's enough to keep even him around. Much like the Woz, Ty seems extremely likeable (though more uncomfortable) so that could work in his favor, but I just don't see any of the other stars leaving this early.
    I agree, those two will probably be the bottom two, and my guess is it will be Ty. I think alot of people (myself included) had the impression that he may really only doing this because his wife was and since she's out, he doesn't care that much about being there so they may not vote to keep him safe.

Woz was fun to watch, and that carries weight with me - in fact, that is one of the criteria I use in who I vote for, at least early on. I may very well stick around a week or two.

Belinda Carlisle wasn't very good, but I think she had a bigger fan base coming into this season and people may be reluctant to see her go so quickly. I don't see her lasting, though.

+ Reply to Thread