+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 44 FirstFirst ... 272829303132333435363738394041424344 LastLast

Thread: Ty Murray & Chelsie Hightower - Season 8

Re: Ty Murray & Chelsie Hightower - Season 8

And for the people who like Giles, TY is leading on several forums on the male who they like so all of the other remaining couples should be a bit nervous.......

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by kiariclois;3439500;
    Oh yes, they're to blame. They shouldn't be showing their favor over one than the other. They're supposed to be professional. If you look at the past seasons, it's normal to see those who tops the judges leaderboard and got eliminated. I don't care if the judges being not professional again. At this point, they can say what ever they want. They've shown some overly favor for one over another, which they should not be doing. The comment should be purely about the dance. Len's being real weird this season. Saying Ty should go home, then overly praised Ty for his Tango, which I think is good but not perfect. Thought that would please me being Ty's fan, but it actually pisses me off. People can accept his honest opinion but only when it doesn't concern about the decision of who's going home. Tom... *sigh*
    I would say the judges comments play a part in how people may vote. It helped the Woz not even make the bottom two the week he did the samba. Being so obvious with your favorites and telling others they need to go home is a little harsh, especially when you're talking to someone like Ty that people like. Len's comments on the group tango were strange, but I think he was backtracking. Ty did a good job on the tango, but putting down Gilles and Kim to raise him up was odd. I don't know if deserve is ever the right word to use on a show like this, but Ty signed up to do it, and I wouldn't expect him to bow out just to please people who think a better dancer went home. His fans kept him in. It seems like the more backlash he receives the harder they'll vote

Quote Originally Posted by pminn1608;3439514;
    I would venture to say that Gilles has as much comment and ugly posts as Melissa, probably even more since Melissa seems to have a bigger fan base than does Gilles. I see nothing wrong with the other contestants who have been eliminated asking that votes be given to another contestant. If the votes were recommended for Melissa, would there be the negativity, probably not since her fan base is very pro-active when it comes to anything related to her. The judges are more and more showing who they will most likely give the big ugly ball to so it will be interesting to see if the "fan" base has any say in the end.
    Perception is reality, and I suspect that if you are a fan of one celeb and dislike the other, you will always perceive your favorite as being the "most attacked", because you are more sensitive to it, and desensitized to the attacks made on the one you dislike.

Unless you are insinuating that the fan votes are to be dismissed in favor of the judges' scores (which there has been no proof of ever having happened in past seasons), then it is not the judges' call who gets the big ugly ball. But if it is, I guess they are giving it to Gilles, since he has the highest cumulative judges' scores.

As to fan base size, we really don't know for sure, but my guess right now is that Shawn's is the biggest, followed by Gilles, Ty and Melissa.

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat;3439552;
    Perception is reality, and I suspect that if you are a fan of one celeb and dislike the other, you will always perceive your favorite as being the "most attacked", because you are more sensitive to it, and desensitized to the attacks made on the one you dislike.
    Perception is a big part of it, but realistically it can be possible to see where critiques of even people you don't care for are excessive. While they certainly were not my favourites, I would have to say that some of the comments about Holly and Denise were, by far, more denigrating than anything directed at Melissa.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3439564;
    Perception is a big part of it, but realistically it can be possible to see where critiques of even people you don't care for are excessive. While they certainly were not my favourites, I would have to say that some of the comments about Holly and Denise were, by far, more denigrating than anything directed at Melissa.
    We'll have to agree to disagree, because I actually liked Holly, and didn't notice much vitriol thrown her way at all, other than some comments about her not-so-great dancing. It was somewhat worse with Denise, but I think people were more apathetic about her, especially when it became clear she wasn't long for the competition. In my book, neither one provoked anything even close to what Melissa (or Gilles or even Ty) is getting, both positive and negative.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3439550;
    Ty did a good job on the tango, but putting down Gilles and Kim to raise him up was odd.
    That is weird. I can understand him critisizing Kim because her mistake was quite obvious, which she actually did better during the encore But Gilles... How can his footwork be atrocious when I think it's better than Ty's. Ty did good, but honestly, Gilles seems to do better. lol.

I don't know if deserve is ever the right word to use on a show like this, but Ty signed up to do it, and I wouldn't expect him to bow out just to please people who think a better dancer went home. His fans kept him in. It seems like the more backlash he receives the harder they'll vote
    lol. You're right... Deserve seems weird now. :p But eh, that's the only word I could come up with.

I would love to see another cowboy next season just to see if the cowboy power is really strong, or it was just Ty that gets their attention.

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat;3439578;
    We'll have to agree to disagree, because I actually liked Holly, and didn't notice much vitriol thrown her way at all, other than some comments about her not-so-great dancing. It was somewhat worse with Denise, but I think people were more apathetic about her, especially when it became clear she wasn't long for the competition. In my book, neither one provoked anything even close to what Melissa (or Gilles or even Ty) is getting, both positive and negative.
    I didn't actually dislike Holly and felt more sorry for her than anything, but I did notice that she was referred to as a whore. Opinions may vary on that one, but I tend to think that most people use that word extremely disparagingly.

But back to the thread topic - Ty . If he knocks out my least favourite, he can take home that mirror ball as far as I'm concerned.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by mandrsmom;3439478;
    I just read Ty's blog, and this is why I am voting for him. Some may see his comments as fake, but I think he is just a nice guy

Don't know if I can attach the link right, but here it is

PBR Blog: ‘We’re feeling good about where we’re at’
    I can tell that Ty just tells it like it is, because that's the way I am too. Ty and Chelsie are both great people, and that's why they've made it so far despite Ty not being the best dancer in the group. People like them, and sometimes that's what matters. To whoever says it's not a popularity contest...well, hate to break it to you, but it kinda is. That's why we get to vote. If it was just about the dancing, the judges would just choose who stays and who goes, but who would watch that?

lol. Who's your favorite, Rattus?

Anyways... I really have fun playing along with Ty on his blog. He's so silly and funny. His random thought about his fans being his army got exaggerated, and all the comments really cracks me up. Some even "reporting" and do stuff like that. So fun. One more reason why people like him. And from his blog, he told us details about the process of him learning each dance. It really feels like we're with him all along, seeing him trying to get everything Chelsie's teaching him. lol. Also special thanks to Jewel who likes to share behind the scene pictures. I actually waited for him to give his salute to his army. lol. We even get to know a lot more about his family, especially Kerri who always supports him and Kimber gave us a salute too last Monday. lol. They're all so cute.

FORT Regular

I'm a little late jumping in here because I've been out of town for a few days and just now cuaght up watching this week's shows. I don't know if this has already been said or not, and I read it on another board, but somebody pointed out that they didn't feel Lil Kim deserves to be there more than Ty because her dancing was not consistent. Some of her dances were very good, and others, not so much. I think the point she made was that the top three are so much above the others that it's impossible to say that Lil Kim deserves to be in the finals with them anymore than anybody else did. Is this making any sense? I'm on very little sleep.

+ Reply to Thread