+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Steve Wozniak & Karina Smirnoff - Season 8

Re: Steve Wozniak & Karina Smirnoff - Season 8

Quote Originally Posted by Blues Songstres;3390167;
    Me too. And they take forever to heal.

Makes you wonder if the pros are so focused on winning that they are seriously overworking the celebs.
    Agreed times three. I'm wincing at just the thought of doing a high-octane dance routine with an injured hamstring. Poor Woz. I don't know if they're working the stars harder or not, but the injury reports have been growing since like season 5. I don't think it's just a coincidence that all of a sudden tons more people are getting hurt on the show.

Okay, ballroom dance is very physically demanding, and Woz may not have been the picture of health from the start (or he may have been, nobody gave me a copy of his blood work or anything), but the general upturn has to be for some reason.

I tried to find the article that listed the injuries of the past 2 seasons, but didn't have any luck.

I have read that with each season, they seem to be working harder.

I hope Woz and Steve-O won't injure themselves further by continuing.

I love this guy - can't dance worth beans - but I absolutely love his energy and enthusiam - fun to watch (not so much his partner tho - uuggh)
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

I'm sorry he got injured but I find him to be incredibly annoying and a bit creepy and I'm ready for him to be eliminated.
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Those judges were just cruel. They were never even that mean to Master P! And all of the clunkers that came before him they just beat around the bush and refused to give low scores or bad criticism. A pat on the back and a good job. Steve has his heart in this competition and yes, he can't dance for beans, but he's trying, he's injured (just like Steve-O and they cut him a break there), he's smiling, he's having a blast, and I'd much rather see him stick around than Holly, Denise, and Steve-O.

And the song they danced to played in the end credits of 'Beetlejuice'. I wonder if that inspired Karina's outfit any.

It's pretty obvious that he's not going to improve much, but he is still so fun to watch. You just have to smile when you watch him.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fanatic

I love his enthusiasm. I know he's not a good dancer at all but I thought the judges could have been nicer delivering their criticisms. I don't think I've ever seen anyone get such low scores. OUCH!! Did Master P even get scores that low?

Premium Member

I think Master P got an 8 the week he was eliminated. I wonder if the low scores were when Woz questioned whether the viewers total was being used correctly, I think he said something to the effect that they might have messed with the totals or something. He later apologized after seeing how they do it. But maybe TPTB were PO'd that he questioned it. JMO.

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Quote Originally Posted by paridy;3391347;
    I think Master P got an 8 the week he was eliminated. I wonder if the low scores were when Woz questioned whether the viewers total was being used correctly, I think he said something to the effect that they might have messed with the totals or something. He later apologized after seeing how they do it. But maybe TPTB were PO'd that he questioned it. JMO.
    The thought crossed my mind that maybe they scored him so low so that he wouldn't have to drop out due to the injury.

Quote Originally Posted by Blues Songstres;3391372;
    The thought crossed my mind that maybe they scored him so low so that he wouldn't have to drop out due to the injury.
    I considered this point, as well. In fact, much as I enjoy watching him, I gave him no votes last night, simply because it would be a shame if he were to sustain even further injuries.

He's been wonderful to watch, though, in his own way.
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

+ Reply to Thread