+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Steve Wozniak & Karina Smirnoff - Season 8

FORT Fogey

Re: Steve Wozniak & Karina Smirnoff - Season 8

I'm not a fan of Karina. I have disliked her since the sourpuss look on her face when she and Mario did not win which I considered poor sportsmanship. And I don't think that it was right of Maks to publicly complain about Karina's partner. But all that said, even I am slowly coming around to thinking that she's had more than her fair share of weak partners. She's had a few good ones mixed in there since Mario - but she's had her share of weak ones too, which stands out even more having Steve immediately after Rocco. In addition to that, I don't think that the personality of most of her partners meshes with Karina's personality. Steve, Rocco, and Billy Ray all come from the school of "Even when it's not happy and you know it sucks, clap your hands and pretend everything is great". Karina is FAR from that world. That sort of "I love being here and everything is great" outlook can be very refreshing. But it can also come across as fake or insincere. IF (and I'm not saying this is the case) she's seeing a side of Steve away from the cameras (or Rocco, or Billy Ray) that is not the same as the "oh isn't he so kind and happy" personality that we're getting in front of the cameras, I can understand why she would get to a point of thinking the producers are doing it to her on purpose. There was a point last night watching Karina and Steve dance that I thought to myself "Hasn't she paid her penance by now for that sour puss loser look?"

she needs to get over it...i'm sure she's getting paid better now than ever, and they each have their turns to have "poor" partners - doesn't she get that it's mostly meant for entertainment?

Steve is definitely not the best dancer, but he sure is having a lot of fun and is a lot of fun to watch.
    I have always found Karina to be unwatchable. She always looks like she's having a bad time on the dance floor. If she doesn't like being there with a not so stellar performer, that is fine. But, she shouldn't take it it out on said partner and / or the audience. That is not the mark of a true professional, at all. And, last I looked, these dancers are called "pros".
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Newbie

I love watching this genius have a great time. Good for him! The dork in this partnership is sourpuss Karina.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I know it must be hard to be stuck with a dud but all of the long terms pros have pretty much had one more than once. Edyta, Kym, Jonathan, Anna, Tony, Alec. And anyone one of those clunkers has to be better than the ultimate stinker Master "Mr. 2 Left Foot Don't Give A Crock" P. If anyone ever has a reason to complain about unfair partnerships it's Ashly DelGrosso. I think having Mario Lopez her first season really spoiled Karina.

That said, I absolutely love Steve's attitude. It's such a day and night contrast to him and Karina standing there. Woz is all smiles and Karina looks like she wants to go jump off a cliff. I'm sure he realized he wouldn't be the most sought after partner but he really enjoys the experience and he's trying. I don't think he's out to promote anything or make himself anymore famous, he just wants the experience.

FORT Fogey

Woz prob should go home tonight but he's so likeable I just don't see it happening. It's nice to see him enjoying himself. Karina should follow suit. I really think her attitude has cost her partners in the past when she had a good shot at winning.

I'd like to see Ashley back. I liked her a lot.

I had a hard time watching Karina pout even worse that usual last night. She did not look like she was having fun. Such a downer for us and yet, Woz was wonderful. He was having fun in spite of her. I'm glad, as I feel he will be eliminated tonight. As far as I'm concerned, bye-bye Karina!

Watching the recap show now and hopefully the computer geeks of the world united to keep Steve in it! He's probably the worst dancer but Steve is the best bad dancer that looks like he's really enjoying himself. I think I could watch this guy over and over based on personality and smiles alone versus some of the other couples. Now if only Karina would get that dark cloud out from over her head and attempt to crack a smile.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3384919;
    Maks has had public words to say about Karina's "poor" partner which I think is rather unfortunate coming from a professional.
    I had been reading some positive comments from Maks' blog that said Karina was concerned at first about having Woz as a partner, but they became friends and are happy now.

And I read an article on ET that Woz and Karina are having a great time together, and have nicknames. She calls him "the Flame" and he calls her "The Hurricane."

I really hope the positives outweigh the negatives for Woz's experience on DWTS.

The Karina I saw tonight is the Karina I'd like to see stick around. She had to know she was a likely candidate for the bottom 2, but way to come out, support your partner, smile, laugh, look happy, and attempt to try and stay in it. He still can't dance for peanuts but I thought his quick step was better than last night (very slightly). I admire the Woz for loving the experience and wanting to try as hard as he can to not let himself or his partner down.

+ Reply to Thread