+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Steve Wozniak & Karina Smirnoff - Season 8

FORT Fogey

Re: Steve Wozniak & Karina Smirnoff - Season 8

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3394081;
    I'm surprised so many people think Steve-O will be in the bottom 2 (both this week and last). Don't get me wrong, I don't like the guy and hope/think he will be gone soon. Injury aside, if he keeps going I think he has a cult following that'll vote to keep him in. Lacey also has her fans from SYTYCD that love the different dynamic she brings to the show so that's a plus for them. I'm betting on the Woz and Holly.

I could see it being Woz and Holly. O wouldn't shock me because LH and a bad back are a bad mix but he actually isn't a bad dancer. He lost his train of thought last week and it might have been from pain because he looked pale by the time it was over which was sad to see.

I'm ready for Woz to go. I adore Holly and love Dmitry but I don't think she's going to improve all that much as she just doesn't have any natural sense of rhythm. O is by far the best of the 3. The votes should be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Nova14;3394173;
    I could see it being Woz and Holly. O wouldn't shock me because LH and a bad back are a bad mix but he actually isn't a bad dancer. He lost his train of thought last week and it might have been from pain because he looked pale by the time it was over which was sad to see.

I'm ready for Woz to go. I adore Holly and love Dmitry but I don't think she's going to improve all that much as she just doesn't have any natural sense of rhythm. O is by far the best of the 3. The votes should be interesting.
    I agree completely. Steve-O was actually dancing pretty well until he landed on the battery pack. That may very well do him in. Woz was entertaining for a while, but seriously, he's not a contender and I don't think he should stay much longer. I don't like the idea that people who have no real interest in this show can hijack the outcome by mass voting, but that is a reality the way the voting works.

Given Woz' ever-growing list of injuries, what are the odds that he would respectfully remove himself from the competition for the dual-elimination? His geek popularity test has been proven for three weeks and he could walk away with his head held high.

At some point, the genius should listen to the cues his body is sending him and stop practicing and performing. No amount of money can buy back your health.

Thank you to the person who pointed out that the Beetlejuice credits played Jump in the Line and that may be what inspired Karina's costume choice.

In watching the show again today, I saw that Steve's pinstriped clothes were very Beetlejuice, as well.

She has grown on me and her reaction of pure joy when she knew they wouldn't be in the dance off was priceless. Now that was shock and awe.

Since DWTS isn't a dance competition, but an entertainment show --I am hoping that Wozzie stays for a couple more weeks. I really love watching "his form of entertainment", and his cute smiling face and positive-against-all-odds attitude are quite a relief from the alternative.

I'd say "GO Wozzie", but I'd mean "STAY Wozzie!".
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

I just think Woz's appeal is that everyone knows he's brilliant and mega-wealthy and they enjoy seeing him able to humble himself so completely and enjoy something totally out of his comfort zone. Some maybe even ENJOY seeing such a successful guy humbled. Although frankly Woz seems to have a very broad "comfort zone" lol.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3394081;
    I'm surprised so many people think Steve-O will be in the bottom 2 (both this week and last). Don't get me wrong, I don't like the guy and hope/think he will be gone soon. Injury aside, if he keeps going I think he has a cult following that'll vote to keep him in. Lacey also has her fans from SYTYCD that love the different dynamic she brings to the show so that's a plus for them. I'm betting on the Woz and Holly.
    I do think Steve-O has somewhat of a cult following, but I don't think many of them are from the demographic that watches this show. Lacey was pretty controversial last season as the new comer rebel, so who knows what her fan base is. I think what has kept Steve-O in this is so far is he seems to very sincere and dedicated and then the fact that he got injured so people want to give him a chance to see if he can really do it. I wouldn't be very surprised if Woz outlasts him.
    Blessed are those who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused

Quote Originally Posted by FableChild;3395595;
    I do think Steve-O has somewhat of a cult following, but I don't think many of them are from the demographic that watches this show. Lacey was pretty controversial last season as the new comer rebel, so who knows what her fan base is. I think what has kept Steve-O in this is so far is he seems to very sincere and dedicated and then the fact that he got injured so people want to give him a chance to see if he can really do it. I wouldn't be very surprised if Woz outlasts him.
    I agree. I just don't want him (or anyone) to get hurt. But I don't think his fanbase is anything close to Woz's.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by tango7;3395647;
    I agree. I just don't want him (or anyone) to get hurt. But I don't think his fanbase is anything close to Woz's.
    I also think the Woz's has the ability to tip the scales with the computer voting. I know there were rumors last season of Kim Kardashian hacking into the ABC website and casting a large number of votes for herself. Obviously it wasn't true or she didn't know what she was doing. I vote but I don't go the point of signing up a hundred different e-mail addresses to keep my favorites in.

As for the Woz, I much prefer him to the other Steve. Karina's even winning me over. Pre-show I wanted the Woz to outlast the O, and that was before I saw how much fun the Woz was going to be. CA mentioned in her EW recap that his entertainment and personality is all he has going for him, but at least it's not too OTT or cringe worthy. That said, there will come a point sooner rather than later that while it may still be cute for some of us, he'll need to hang his dancing shoes up. I don't want him to take too much flack for outlasting the better dancers.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3395655;
    I also think the Woz's has the ability to tip the scales with the computer voting. I know there were rumors last season of Kim Kardashian hacking into the ABC website and casting a large number of votes for herself. Obviously it wasn't true or she didn't know what she was doing. I vote but I don't go the point of signing up a hundred different e-mail addresses to keep my favorites in.

As for the Woz, I much prefer him to the other Steve. Karina's even winning me over. Pre-show I wanted the Woz to outlast the O, and that was before I saw how much fun the Woz was going to be. CA mentioned in her EW recap that his entertainment and personality is all he has going for him, but at least it's not too OTT or cringe worthy. That said, there will come a point sooner rather than later that while it may still be cute for some of us, he'll need to hang his dancing shoes up. I don't want him to take too much flack for outlasting the better dancers.
    I have to be honest. I do have 4 email accounts that I use to vote. I've been voting for Steve-O with 2 of them and for Melissa with the other 2. Considering I usually to about 50-100 votes via text for AI I don't feel like giving 24 votes each to my 2 favorite contestants is excessive or unfair. I will continue to vote for Steve-O and Melissa until Steve-O is voted off (hopefully not before WOZ as I do not find WOZ charming or entertaining at all, I just find him creepy and gross) and then I'll probably only vote for Melissa. I might vote for Ty or DAG but probably not.
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

+ Reply to Thread