+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Steve Wozniak & Karina Smirnoff - Season 8

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: Steve Wozniak & Karina Smirnoff - Season 8

I like the Woz because he is entertaining and so far not in that OTT, vulgar, thinks he's funnier than he is sort of way. I love the fact that he and Karina are putting their all in their routines. They could easily not care and just go out with something they put together in 5 minutes considering Woz isn't going to be the next great dance champ. I loved Karina's reaction to being saved last night. I would have given him 10's just for attempting the worm When the Woz gets eliminated I saw give him Samantha's job. I think he'd do a much better job than her.

I really think he is a sweetheart and is having the time of his life, but sooner rather than later he is going to have to go.

In my opinion though, if the judges continue to bash him and give him such low scores his fans will rally and keep him. If they think he is being treated fairly they are less likely to keep him there longer than he needs to be. Most voters are fair, they know when it is time to let the person go.

I love Susan Lucci and I voted for her until I didn't think it was fair that someone might leave that was a better dancer than she was.

If he does leave soon I am curious to know who his fans might vote for or if they would even vote for anyone else.
    Happiness isn't just an emotion, it is a state of mind.

I enjoyed watching him over the stiff performances of Belinda, Denise and Holly (and Ty in his first week) even if they are technically better dancers. Uncomfortable, nervous dancers are cringeworthy but I can smile at Steve enjoying himself and not feel bad for him. When it gets past the bottom of the pack, I don't want his entertainment factor to take precedence over performance. As far as Steve-O is concerned, I'm glad he's been given a second achance to dance without injury but next week should be the end of that tale.
    Last edited by justsaying; 03-26-2009 at 12:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mommyof2poodles;3393757;
    If he does leave soon I am curious to know who his fans might vote for or if they would even vote for anyone else.
    This is just me, but I'm betting that once he drops out, nobody much from his fan base will continue to vote. I frequent (and I do mean that in the fullest sense of the word) a geek board, and while they are alll dancing with the Woz, beside the hawt chics on the show, they aren't really interested.
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

Quote Originally Posted by MissThing;3393853;
    This is just me, but I'm betting that once he drops out, nobody much from his fan base will continue to vote. I frequent (and I do mean that in the fullest sense of the word) a geek board, and while they are alll dancing with the Woz, beside the hawt chics on the show, they aren't really interested.

I posted that because I really think they won't either. It is just my feeling. And, I agree they will not be that interested anymore.

A few might vote for one of the "hawt chics".
    Happiness isn't just an emotion, it is a state of mind.

I used to love how he loved being on the show, but I'm over the infatuation. Carrie Ann got it right when she said that routine was old. My vote for the bottom two next week are Woz and Steve-O.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I'm surprised so many people think Steve-O will be in the bottom 2 (both this week and last). Don't get me wrong, I don't like the guy and hope/think he will be gone soon. Injury aside, if he keeps going I think he has a cult following that'll vote to keep him in. Lacey also has her fans from SYTYCD that love the different dynamic she brings to the show so that's a plus for them. I'm betting on the Woz and Holly.

Quote Originally Posted by LuvThisStuf!;3394072;
    I used to love how he loved being on the show, but I'm over the infatuation. Carrie Ann got it right when she said that routine was old. My vote for the bottom two next week are Woz and Steve-O.
    Oh, Please, let one of those go, honestly. The presence of either one of them just makes a complete mockery of any dance "competition". I understand the premise of the show, but again. . . PLEASE. . . my preference would be for Steve-O to go, but probably S. Wozniak deserves to go more.

Oh, here's an idea. . . Does it make any sense to have an additional vote for the one you LEAST would like to continue to see on your t.v. screen? I know, won't happen, but I wish it would.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3394081;
    I'm surprised so many people think Steve-O will be in the bottom 2 (both this week and last). Don't get me wrong, I don't like the guy and hope/think he will be gone soon. Injury aside, if he keeps going I think he has a cult following that'll vote to keep him in. Lacey also has her fans from SYTYCD that love the different dynamic she brings to the show so that's a plus for them. I'm betting on the Woz and Holly.

I think you are right that Steve-O has a cult following. I just wonder how long he can continue dancing. He looked like he was in a lot of pain on Monday's show.

I also predict Holly and the Woz for the next bottom 2.

+ Reply to Thread