+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 115 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959109 ... LastLast

Thread: Gilles Marini & Cheryl Burke - Season 8

Re: Gilles Marini & Cheryl Burke - Season 8

Woz is no star - he's a computer geek - the term 'star' is being used very loosely.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3392342;
    Woz is no star - he's a computer geek - the term 'star' is being used very loosely.
    Woz is a star. Prominent, already achieved something, founded a computer company/technology etc. He is somebody. a leading one, a star. The word star is not limited to show business. Even there, he is a star with his ipod and iphone etc.

FORT Fanatic

Woz is a star in the computer/technology world, a very successful businessman. His company has had an effect on many people all over the world.

I stand corrected. But I still believe the term 'star' is being used very loosely.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Gee, I can't wait to see "Dancing with the disgraced bank executives'!

but I am glad they are all there. I appreciate anyone who puts themselves out there on shows like these, as it gets pretty nasty sometimes.
    Last edited by schmoo2; 03-25-2009 at 01:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Living;3392323;
    But, he is a star. Gilles is an actor in France and now breaking out in the US. He has ALREADY acted in a US movie but needs more exposure in this country. Usually the stars who come on this show ALREADY have achieved or done something. Probably they have been out of the spotlight for a bit and need exposure or they want to change their image or a re-vamp of their carears, but, they ARE stars. Even Holly is part of a show and was made famous by Hugh Hefner. Maybe we have not all heard their names but, it depends on our interests. Of course now we have reality a contestant infamous for being a seriel dumpee - this one wants to be a star. Your comment above gives her also that opportunity. Great
    In the context that he had star-power to draw an instant fan base to this show, I disagree that Giles was a star with the US audience before DWTS. Yes, he had already 'acted' in a US movie, but come on - he didn't even have any lines, did he?!? Most people did not know who he was before coming on this show. For me, iit isn't necessary that I know all the people before they come on the show in order to enjoy their dancing - especially if the are half-way decent. I'm glad he did this show - I'm enjoying him and others (like Ty) that I had never heard of, and so for me the question of whether anyone 'deserves' to be on this show is pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by beachgirl4;3392403;
    In the context that he had star-power to draw an instant fan base to this show, I disagree that Giles was a star with the US audience before DWTS. Yes, he had already 'acted' in a US movie, but come on - he didn't even have any lines, did he?!? Most people did not know who he was before coming on this show. For me, iit isn't necessary that I know all the people before they come on the show in order to enjoy their dancing - especially if the are half-way decent. I'm glad he did this show - I'm enjoying him and others (like Ty) that I had never heard of, and so for me the question of whether anyone 'deserves' to be on this show is pointless.
    If Gilles had any lines in that movie - I don't recall - I wasn't paying attention to his mouth......

I didn't know half these people before this show either - it's just like Celeb Apprentice, I don't know half the 'celeb's on that show either......

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3392406;
    If Gilles had any lines in that movie - I don't recall - I wasn't paying attention to his mouth......

I didn't know half these people before this show either - it's just like Celeb Apprentice, I don't know half the 'celeb's on that show either......
    Ditto, but Celebrity Apprentice seemed to get the better playmate and Kardashian. Totally different shows, though, so I'm sure that's why.

P.S. I'm not sure Gilles had a head - let alone a mouth - in that movie . . .

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by beachgirl4;3392403;
    Title is dancing with the STARS. I am sure I did not say the bolded above you have attributed to me. I said Gilles IS a star. A star is not necessarily one who gets his name in the US papers often. Or one who is currently being talked about alot in the US at a given time. It is on something you have achieved or done. On the other hand if Andrei Bocelli came on the show some may not classify him a star but world wide he is a star. Someone on another thread said Woz was not a star. Most broadway actors/actresses are stars. Who knows their names? These all deserve to be on the show. This show is meant for them irrespective of whether we have heard their names or not.
    Last edited by Living; 03-25-2009 at 01:56 PM.

Gilles is a great dancer and I had no clue who he was before this show. If he wins I will be happy for him and Cheryl. If Shawn wins I will be happy for her and Mark and if Melissa wins I will be happy for them. Those are my 3 favorite dancers. Now, Ty is a sweet gentleman and I think Jewel is a very lucky woman.

I am going to rent the movie now, I have to see it.
    Last edited by MissThing; 03-25-2009 at 02:20 PM.
    Happiness isn't just an emotion, it is a state of mind.

+ Reply to Thread