+ Reply to Thread
Page 62 of 115 FirstFirst ... 12525354555657585960616263646566676869707172112 ... LastLast
Results 611 to 620 of 1145

Thread: Gilles Marini & Cheryl Burke - Season 8

  1. #611
    sdl
    sdl is offline
    FORT Fogey sdl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    houston
    Age
    55
    Posts
    1,657

    Re: Gilles Marini & Cheryl Burke - Season 8

    Quote Originally Posted by girlsmom;3415905;
    So sorry, you know I just post too quickly sometimes. What I was saying was NOT that YOU would suggest that, but that some would. I was agreeing with you about Lil Kim, Gilles and Melissa being the best, but that not everyone would agree to that premise. Some would probably feel that Shawn was superior, sorry if my post infered that you were one of those people, I agree with you that Lil Kim is better.
    **********
    I am one of those who thinks Shawn is very good, technically one of the very best. I think Gilles is more of the whole package, but I'm mystified that Shawn doesn't get respect as she is always dismissed as being too young.
    I do appreciate other points of view, however.

  2. #612
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,621

    Re: Gilles Marini & Cheryl Burke - Season 8

    Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3415928;
    **********
    I am one of those who thinks Shawn is very good, technically one of the very best. I think Gilles is more of the whole package, but I'm mystified that Shawn doesn't get respect as she is always dismissed as being too young.
    I do appreciate other points of view, however.
    I'll put Gilles and Lil'Kim in one group as good all rounders, and Melissa and Shawn in another group as good technically. My feeling is Shawn is better than Melissa in their group as Shawn expressed sensuality better in the rhumba. Shawn's was more 'come get me - raunchy approach, while Melissa's was 'needy me' approach. that is in the dancing. There was only one instant Melissa looked sensual. And, that was when strands of her hair was placed in front of her face. That was not even her doing, because it was a matter of wardrobe like her makeup, hair, clothes. Nothing to do with her dancing.
    Last edited by Living; 04-16-2009 at 02:13 PM.

  3. #613
    sdl
    sdl is offline
    FORT Fogey sdl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    houston
    Age
    55
    Posts
    1,657

    Re: Gilles Marini & Cheryl Burke - Season 8

    Quote Originally Posted by Living;3415960;
    I'll put Gilles and Lil'Kim in one group as good all rounders, and Melissa and Shawn in another group as good technically. My feeling is Shawn is better than Melissa in their group as Shawn expressed sensuality better in the rhumba. Shawn's was more 'come get me - raunchy approach, while Melissa's was 'needy me' approach. that is in the dancing. There was only one instant Melissa looked sensual. And, that was when strands of her hair was placed in front of her face. That was not even her doing, because it was a matter of wardrobe like her makeup, hair, clothes. Nothing to do with her dancing.
    ***********
    I have to agree with everything you say.
    This is the home stretch. Some are getting better, and some will fade.
    I love Shawn but think she has peaked.
    Melissa is this bundle of nerves and I have no idea what she will do.
    Lil Kim is really turning it on, and in my estimation will only get better.
    Gilles is solid, outstanding every week, and he knows it's now or never.
    How interesting if Kim leap frogs Melissa into the final. That would shake things up.

  4. #614
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    nyc
    Posts
    891

    Re: Gilles Marini & Cheryl Burke - Season 8

    Quote Originally Posted by Living;3415960;
    I'll put Gilles and Lil'Kim in one group as good all rounders, and Melissa and Shawn in another group as good technically. My feeling is Shawn is better than Melissa in their group as Shawn expressed sensuality better in the rhumba. Shawn's was more 'come get me - raunchy approach, while Melissa's was 'needy me' approach. that is in the dancing. There was only one instant Melissa looked sensual. And, that was when strands of her hair was placed in front of her face. That was not even her doing, because it was a matter of wardrobe like her makeup, hair, clothes. Nothing to do with her dancing.
    I personally thought Mel was technically better, did harder moves, had better hip action, and was a good balance between sensual and appropriate. I love Shawn, but I was uncomfortable with her dance given her age, and it bothers me if anyone found it rauchy...she's 17, and don't we have enough underagers trying to be grownups sexually?

    I think Gilles is not a good technical dancer but he sells it well. Cheryl is very smart that way. All dancers know one trick: if you don't really know the steps or fear a mistake in technique, draw attention away from your feet. In his case, his facial expressions and of course, the bare chest, etc. It's good on her part, but can't do it all the time.

    As for Kim she's anything but good technically, but I am not surprised. If you've seen her perform she's more of a free style rap mover, and she's also big with the Pussy Cat Dolls (teaches, judges, choreographs, performs with them on occasion). It's all about selling...and in her case all about, again uppper area, the boobs. there's a reason we've had 2 "wardrobe malfunctions"!. For me, sorry as I am, I can't get past the fact that she lied in a court of law on behalf of some low lifes in a case involving guns and a shooting. And too much botox and face work for a woman not yet 40.

  5. #615
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,621

    Re: Gilles Marini & Cheryl Burke - Season 8

    Quote Originally Posted by kultainen;3416041;
    I personally thought Mel was technically better, did harder moves, had better hip action, and was a good balance between sensual and appropriate. I love Shawn, but I was uncomfortable with her dance given her age, and it bothers me if anyone found it rauchy...she's 17, and don't we have enough underagers trying to be grownups sexually?

    I think Gilles is not a good technical dancer but he sells it well. Cheryl is very smart that way. All dancers know one trick: if you don't really know the steps or fear a mistake in technique, draw attention away from your feet. In his case, his facial expressions and of course, the bare chest, etc. It's good on her part, but can't do it all the time.

    As for Kim she's anything but good technically, but I am not surprised. If you've seen her perform she's more of a free style rap mover, and she's also big with the Pussy Cat Dolls (teaches, judges, choreographs, performs with them on occasion). It's all about selling...and in her case all about, again uppper area, the boobs. there's a reason we've had 2 "wardrobe malfunctions"!. For me, sorry as I am, I can't get past the fact that she lied in a court of law on behalf of some low lifes in a case involving guns and a shooting. And too much botox and face work for a woman not yet 40.
    There is no credit in executing harder moves if you do not nail it. Melisa does not score here as Denise Richards, a robtot, anyone can execute the same moves - stonily. Less is more/better sometimes.

    Shawn for her age is a quck learner. she listened to Mark and expressed the sentiments required for the dance. she knows how to draw a crowd. Unfortunately alot of 17 year olds are no longer v-----s. Shawn is so inocent it shows. That is why it is an achievement for her to dance the rumba like it is surposed to be danced.

    Gilles is great technically. He is also almost the best dancer on. He gives it his all and it is a joy to watch him each week. He is so humble . If people are drawn to his face or his chest it is not his fautlt for being so good looking. We need to contrain ourselves and watch and enjoy him dance and not be distracted in our drooling over him.

    Lil'Kim is a good dancer and it is good to know people follow her carear.

    What can beat Melissa having a boob job before she was 17 years old.
    Last edited by Living; 04-16-2009 at 04:10 PM.

  6. #616
    bb addicted tapper01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    3,988

    Re: Gilles Marini & Cheryl Burke - Season 8

    I don't think Gilles is a good dancer. I think he thinks he is sexy and pushes it to the limit. I also am sick of him prancing around barely dressed.

  7. #617
    FORT Fogey sueb1961's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,365

    Re: Gilles Marini & Cheryl Burke - Season 8

    Quote Originally Posted by tapper01;3416263;
    I don't think Gilles is a good dancer. I think he thinks he is sexy and pushes it to the limit. I also am sick of him prancing around barely dressed.



    OH but I am sure its ok for all the other. The majority of the woman have hardly anything on and many of the men are dressed the same.

  8. #618
    runs with scissors waywyrd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    20,852

    Re: Gilles Marini & Cheryl Burke - Season 8

    Guys, this thread is for talk of Gilles and Cheryl and their dancing, not Melissa's boobs. Let's keep on topic. Thanks.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

  9. #619
    FORT Fogey Beachmom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    1,663

    Re: Gilles Marini & Cheryl Burke - Season 8

    Quote Originally Posted by kultainen;3416041;
    I think Gilles is not a good technical dancer but he sells it well. Cheryl is very smart that way. All dancers know one trick: if you don't really know the steps or fear a mistake in technique, draw attention away from your feet. In his case, his facial expressions and of course, the bare chest, etc. It's good on her part, but can't do it all the time.
    I have to respectfully disagree with you. Obviously anyone who follows the board knows I'm hoping Gilles will win, but even if I was pulling for someone else, I don't think you can ignore his foot action. I first noticed it when he did the Kryptonite dance (sorry - I'm not skilled enough to know all of the dances yet ) Even before I paid that much attention to him, I found myself wondering how he could move like that, quickly intertwining with Cheryl's feet, and not trip her. I think he's a terrific technical dancer. And it seems like Cheryl really pushes him as hard as she can.

  10. #620
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    198

    Re: Gilles Marini & Cheryl Burke - Season 8

    Quote Originally Posted by tapper01;3416263;
    I don't think Gilles is a good dancer. I think he thinks he is sexy and pushes it to the limit. I also am sick of him prancing around barely dressed.
    Gilles isn't my favorite, but I think he is a pretty good dancer. And even though I do not find him attractive he does have sex appeal that adds to the dance. So being a decent dancer with sex appeal well....he has what it takes.

+ Reply to Thread

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.