+ Reply to Thread
Page 61 of 115 FirstFirst ... 11515253545556575859606162636465666768697071111 ... LastLast

Thread: Gilles Marini & Cheryl Burke - Season 8

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

Re: Gilles Marini & Cheryl Burke - Season 8

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3414914;
    I agree with you. I think the guy needs to quit while he's ahead. As I said upstream, too, everyone reacts differently to things. It is way more common to get drowsiness with muscle relaxers and pain relievers.
    Cortisone shots can hurt like he*l but they do not typically put one to sleep. And doctors do not ever even mention that to patients as it is not a known side effect.
    Cortisone shots do not have drowsiness as a side effect. As a matter of fact, steroids can amp you up quite a bit. But, he probably meant that his meds in general are making him drowsy.
    I think he deserves praise for playing through the pain and giving it all he has. I also don't think it's a big deal if he has complained some. He's in pain and hasn't been sleeping well. We all get a little crabby under those circumstances.
    I am in the Melissa camp, not Gilles, but I definitely don't only support Mel alone. I love Shawn and am liking Lil Kim more and more. It doesn't have to be strictly one (Melissa) or the other (Gilles).

Quote Originally Posted by TonyDovolaniFan;3414890;
    To me, it looked more like a freestyle than a jive, but that's just my opinion.
    Like how? I mean, how were jive elements missing, and freestyle elements included? I'm sort of confused on how folks see thest dances.

A jive is a jive. Certain 'pieces' are incorporated. Where those missing? Is there something else besides the hectic pace that was going on?

I'm just not getting the 'it wasn't a jive' stuff, but then, again, I don't think there where wany rhubas.
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

Quote Originally Posted by maude~flanders;3414982;
    Cortisone shots do not have drowsiness as a side effect. As a matter of fact, steroids can amp you up quite a bit. But, he probably meant that his meds in general are making him drowsy.
    Of course, I don't know what he is actually referring to, but as I mentioned upthread, I've had cortisone shots for a heel spur that caused severe dopiness, as do antibiotics and aspartame (the first time I had a diet pop I almost passed out at work). Every human body is different and reacts differently to different things. Allergies, for example.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by MissThing;3415080;
    Like how? I mean, how were jive elements missing, and freestyle elements included? I'm sort of confused on how folks see thest dances.

A jive is a jive. Certain 'pieces' are incorporated. Where those missing? Is there something else besides the hectic pace that was going on?

I'm just not getting the 'it wasn't a jive' stuff, but then, again, I don't think there where wany rhubas.
    Of all the jives Gilles and LT's really seemed like the only dances that resembled jives. The more I think of Kim's, the more I realize it was more Derek with her just strutting around and doing a few twirls. None of the rumbas impressed, and seemed more boring than usual. Only one that I really liked was Shawn's, but don't remember the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by MissThing;3415080;

All the traditional jive steps were included. They would have scored well in a real competition, in my opinion. She was actually graceful in the jive which I had not expected. That is very, very difficult to pull off.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Peacheater;3415402;
    All the traditional jive steps were included. They would have scored well in a real competition, in my opinion. She was actually graceful in the jive which I had not expected. That is very, very difficult to pull off.
    You are speaking of Kim's jive now? Please compare her jive to Gilles since his was the one that was criticised. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3415468;
    You are speaking of Kim's jive now? Please compare her jive to Gilles since his was the one that was criticised. Thanks!
    Sorry, I can't remember her jive, and to be fair I'd need to spend the same hour looking at her video that I did looking at Gilles and Cheryl's.

sdl

Quote Originally Posted by Peacheater;3415551;
    Sorry, I can't remember her jive, and to be fair I'd need to spend the same hour looking at her video that I did looking at Gilles and Cheryl's.
    PE, I'm thoroughly confused now.
    When critiquing the jive above, you said that "she" had a grace that was unexpected, which made me (like Bloomers) think you were describing Lil Kim's dance.
    Also, the discussion you were responding to was about Lil Kim's jive.
    Now you've said that you didn't study Lil Kim's jive, but did analyze Gilles.
    Were you talking about Gilles or Lil Kim?
    Don't mean to be rude, as I genuinely appreciate your unique perspectives.
    Last edited by sdl; 04-16-2009 at 01:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Peacheater;3414921;
    Perhaps I was not clear in what I wrote earlier (thought I try very hard). I hope I didn't suggest anywhere that Lil Kim is inferior to Shawn. Perhaps another wrote that. I believe she is better than Shawn. Only time will tell which one of the three (Lil Kim, Gilles and Melissa) is the best dancer.
    So sorry, you know I just post too quickly sometimes. What I was saying was NOT that YOU would suggest that, but that some would. I was agreeing with you about Lil Kim, Gilles and Melissa being the best, but that not everyone would agree to that premise. Some would probably feel that Shawn was superior, sorry if my post infered that you were one of those people, I agree with you that Lil Kim is better.

Gilles biker-dude vest with the Fleur-de-Lis on the back really showed off his cut, muscular arms, even more so than being shirtless the previous week.

Also, I hope for the sake of a disco ball trophy and bragging rights that he doesn't cause permanent injury to his shoulder.

+ Reply to Thread