+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 115 FirstFirst ... 404142434445464748495051525354555657585960100 ... LastLast

Thread: Gilles Marini & Cheryl Burke - Season 8

FORT Fanatic

Re: Gilles Marini & Cheryl Burke - Season 8

It is DWTS, and that means every costume they come up with is cheesy. The majority of the audience for this show is female. That means that the guys have to lay on the sexy-sexy persona just to over come the females much prettier costumes. When it comes to votes from the viewers it is hard for women to not pick pretty dresses.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat;3410732;
    I understand that dressing the bullfighter was the image they were going for, but I would venture to guess that most matadors also wear some sort of shirt under their jackets. So for me, the lack of shirt in that circumstance came off slightly cheesy, like when hunky waiters in clubs wear bowties with no shirts. Fun to ogle, but cheesy nonetheless. JMO, and still thought his dancing was very good.
    Professional Dance competitions have men in onesy's with their shirts open to their belly buttons, and Maks has been known to take off his shirt, oh and Tony's see through fleshtone wifebeater for the Salsa showed off the guns...

Gilles just looked dam sexy. And it was great theatre.

I watched an interview on E with Cheryl and Gilles. The lady interviewing said to Cheryl "so he is a natural talent?" She started laughing and said no...no way is he a natural!!! LOL!!

I think he practices really hard...many hours and Cheryl is able to see the strengths in him and use it to their advantage.

I really have great appreciation for his work ethic and I notice at the end of the dances that he is nervously awaiting the Judges remarks...I do not feel in any way that he is confident in his dances...which makes him give the dances his all!!!

I am anticipating tomorrow nights dance and hope he once again excels!!!!
    Last edited by Debbie8863; 04-12-2009 at 08:14 PM. Reason: spelling

Gilles will on on the Rachael Ray show today, for those interested.
    “When life kicks you, let it kick you forward.” Kay Yow

Thanks so much! I just turned it on in time.

I hope Gilles will be able to handle the jive okay with his injured shoulder.

Thanks for the head's up about the RR show.

Who is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by Beachmom;3410709;
    Obviously, I think Gilles is the best dancer there. I had no problem with the "dressing" by Cheryl. In ancient times, the dressing of a warrior was quite a ceremony, slow and deliberate. I looked at it as part of the whole dance, and I think it added a lot to the dance itself. Sure, we all were "wow, Gilles is shirtless"! But if we can get past that, he was acting out the scenario of preparing for battle or a bullfight.
    Agree, and anytime a guy with a beautiful, toned, muscular body wants to bare his chest, it is A-okay with me!! Just looking at him before I saw his manner and personality, I thought he was good-looking, but not facially my type (I do, however, like the leaned toned body-type). However, now that I see what a talented, hard working, and charming man he is, I find him very attractive. Besides, the accent doesn't hurt.

Gilles on Rachel Ray this morning:

Rachael Ray Show - On the Show - Gilles Marini

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by aname2;3411963;
    Agree, and anytime a guy with a beautiful, toned, muscular body wants to bare his chest, it is A-okay with me!! Just looking at him before I saw his manner and personality, I thought he was good-looking, but not facially my type (I do, however, like the leaned toned body-type). However, now that I see what a talented, hard working, and charming man he is, I find him very attractive. Besides, the accent doesn't hurt.

I can't disagrree with a single thing you've said.

And I find it fascinating how well actors do when going into the previously unknown (to them) territory of ballroom dance.

Wow...as always, Gilles and Cheryl lit up the stage! I thought their dance moves were spot on. Perfect.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

+ Reply to Thread