+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 115 FirstFirst ... 33343536373839404142434445464748495051525393 ... LastLast

Thread: Gilles Marini & Cheryl Burke - Season 8

FORT Fogey

Re: Gilles Marini & Cheryl Burke - Season 8

Quote Originally Posted by justsaying;3407645;
    1. Proof? I have none. This idea was put forth in earlier seasons, such as Hélio Castroneves' win over Mel Brown. I view availability to tour as more of a plus than a written rule. (The written rule would be the producer's right to tweak.) Naturally one would want the winners to be on the tour. The competition for entertainment dollars is tough.

2. Head up the stars, not the pros. One would want to advertise the winner as part of the tour. I wouldn't argue that other stars would have more pull but advertising it as The Dancing With the Stars Tour without Gilles Marini would be a bit much.
    Thanks, it makes sense

FORT Fogey

I don't know about everyone else, but when I first mentioned this a couple of weeks ago, I brought up that the media would be all over the excess display, and that I thought it would be in his best interest for some of that to be toned down.

However, I believe it is still naive to believe that only the media would be hurtful - although they would be the most hurtful. It is human nature to jump into other people's business, and people on message boards do it with the absolute best of them. A look at any other board besides this one will let you know that right off.

My point is and has always been that it would be best to spare him and his family the kind of hurt that the media ( and, yes, posters) will cause him by simply toning down on some of the overt affection between him and Cheryl.
    Last edited by MFWalkoff; 04-08-2009 at 09:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3407674;
    In Hollywood over the last 60 years the media has never tried to destroy celebrities' relationships and marriages with innuendos, rumors, and gossip whether there was an actual basis for it or not.
    It is not human nature for people to speculate about things that they see and hear regardless of whether there is any truth to those things.

If you want to believe that, go ahead and mock.
    Of course. As you say, it is human nature to gossip and the media will meet the public's need for their own reward. While that is a given, it provides no reason for me to stop approaching such speculation rationally and applying logic when evaluating the validity of a rumor.

cheryl has had to endure rumors of having improper relationships with almost all of her celeb partners. so far, i don't think any of them have been true. the worst was probably the first...drew lachey...whose wife was in the third trimester of pregnancy as the media went nuts over cheryl/drew having a thing. it was a feeding frenzy.

it can really be a testament to how much cheryl can a) get her and her partner into the dances that you are fooled into believing they are actually bumping uglies and b) how, like acting, any romance that is acted out convincingly is misconstrued as something dirty and dishonest. of course, there are plenty of cases where it has been true (brangelina comes to mind) that seems to give an air of truth to any rumors/speculation when these kinds of situations arise (either dancing together or acting together or both). most of these dances require a tremendous amount of physical intimacy that can make the tiny swaths of spandex between the dancers lyrically disappear in our creative imaginations. perhaps it's hard for us normal folks to imagine that level of intimacy without it leading to something more...?

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3407697;
    I don't know about everyone else, but when I first mentioned this a couple of weeks ago, I brought up that the media would be all over the excess display, and that I thought it would be in his best interest for some of that to be toned down.

However, I believe it is still naive to believe that only the media would be hurtful - although they would be the most hurtful. It is human nature to jump into other people's business, and people on message boards do it with the absolute best of them. A look at any other board besides this one will let you know that right off.

My point is and has always been that it would be best to spare him and his family the kind of hurt that the media ( and, yes, posters) will cause him by simply toning down on some of the overt affection between him and Cheryl.
    Other than on this board and other message boards as stated, where in the media is it stated that there is some sort of sordid relationship between Gilles and Cheryl?

FORT Fogey

How many of the celebs from the season go on tour? Do all contestants from the season get invited? Just curious as I've never been to one.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Beachmom;3407572;
    I just hope more people are like you!

I would like to see Cheryl and Gilles win. I think they are phenomenal together. CA said it all when she said you couldn't tell the dancer from the pro.

But - I'm still afraid that's not how it will turn out because of the adulation Melissa's getting from her adoring public. I understand some things about her more, but unless Gilles makes a major mistake, she does not deserve the trophy. But then again, that would interfere with ABC's "happy ending for Melissa" story.

I will look forward to seeing the next movie Gilles is in. IMO he took the roles he did because he has a young family to support. His exposure here will probably guarantee him more role choices.

IMO it will depend on how Gilles and Cheryl play it all out. His video blog on his website is very telling. He says he doesn't apologize for the choices he makes, and he puts his heart and soul into everything he does. The Sex and the City role put him on the map, and he's very grateful for everything that has come his way since.

He's just Gilles, perhaps a little too demonstrative in his affections for the American public, but he's French, he was raised that way. I understand being married to an Italian.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Nova14;3407741;
    How many of the celebs from the season go on tour? Do all contestants from the season get invited? Just curious as I've never been to one.
    Well, there was Lance and Lacey on the last tour, along with Toni Braxton singing I believe. Usually the celebs don't do all the cities. If the winner doesn't tour it can be a blow to ticket sales.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Andiemywestie;3407748;
    Well, there was Lance and Lacey on the last tour, along with Toni Braxton singing I believe. Usually the celebs don't do all the cities. If the winner doesn't tour it can be a blow to ticket sales.
    Was he the only celeb or were Brooke, Jason and many of the others from the season there too?! It could see the importance of having the winner there. I would think the winner would be contracted to do it along with those going far in the comp.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by pminn1608;3407738;
    Other than on this board and other message boards as stated, where in the media is it stated that there is some sort of sordid relationship between Gilles and Cheryl?
    Gee, you know I don't think there's anything really about any relationship, other than their dance relationship. The good thing is the hot and sexy dancing for Cheryl and Gilles is behind them, and we're going to get the Ballroom and the fun Jive and Lindy Hop stuff that doesn't depend on the lustful sexual chemistry to make it memorable. The only dance that will do that that's left is the Rumba. I predict the Rumba will be a 30.... from every judge

+ Reply to Thread