+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 115 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222363113 ... LastLast

Thread: Gilles Marini & Cheryl Burke - Season 8

Re: Gilles Marini & Cheryl Burke - Season 8

Quote Originally Posted by mommyof2poodles;3393644;
    I have been debating whether to post this or not. So please don't shoot the messenger. I think he is really good looking and a really good dancer.

I went to a viewing party Monday night and none of the women (11) had Gilles and Cheryl as their favorite. I did find this odd. I asked them why not and some said they got a creepy vibe from Gilles and some said they thought Cheryl had gotten "too big for her britches" (in case this is just a southern thing, it means snotty).

I will say that at times Cheryl has gotten a bit annoying, but I still really like her and I don't get the creepy vibe from Gilles at all. My top three are Melissa, Shawn, and Gilles and in that order. I will be happy if any of these three win. I would also be happy if Ty comes from behind by improving each week he stays and ends up being the dark horse. The rest I can take or leave. JMO

So, like I say don't shoot the messenger. I just found it odd that not one of those women had Gilles as their favorite. Oh.....and the women's ages were from 30 to little old me at 52.
    I get NO creepy vibe at all. Perhaps it's because I read an article in People around the time he did SATC. He really is a family man, dotes on his kids, and I agree - he always turns to look at his wife. I spent a semester in France during college. So I'm comfortable with the way he seems! Nice guy!

As I am watching this progress, I see that the "stars" have to be totally comfortable with the pros knowing and touching every inch of their bodies. Could I do that? Probably not. But it is a profession and it's completely above board as far as I can tell!

I've never watched a whole season of DWTS before. I turned in out of curiosity about Melissa, and stayed because of Gilles, Ty, and Shawn. But this is why Melissa's fans will outvote Gilles' fans - and to me, that's a shame. We'll see who the best dancer is as the weeks progress. He is more well-known in France, and Ty is more well-known in the cowboy/rodeo circles.

What I'm starting to see on the boards here is a lot of people really do vote for the one THEY think is the best dancer. Of course, it is all subjective, and mostly a popularity contest - and that will hurt Gilles and Ty - but I really do hope that Melissa's fans don't blindly vote for her because of who she is and no other reason. If she is better than anyone, then I, too, will hope for her win! But she'll have to be pretty great to outshine Gilles in my book!

I wonder if some of the lounge lizard vibe people are getting about Gilles is in part because of his costumes. I haven't really cared for them so far - add a few plaid stripes and they could pass for leisure suits.

I like Gilles, and I enjoy watching him dance, but I have to admit that it has alot to do with the way he looks. I think he moves very well, but if you go back and rewatch that last dance, about 1/3 of it was pelvic gyrations. I preferred the previous week's performance, and thought he did more actual dance moves and footwork last week.

Quote Originally Posted by beachgirl4;3394804;
    I wonder if some of the lounge lizard vibe people are getting about Gilles is in part because of his costumes. I haven't really cared for them so far - add a few plaid stripes and they could pass for leisure suits.

I like Gilles, and I enjoy watching him dance, but I have to admit that it has alot to do with the way he looks. I think he moves very well, but if you go back and rewatch that last dance, about 1/3 of it was pelvic gyrations. I preferred the previous week's performance, and thought he did more actual dance moves and footwork last week.
    Great observation! Maybe that's part of what I don't like. And the pelvic gyrations are a bit much as well. I'm not creeped out by him as a person, just some of his moves. Still think he and Cheryl dance very well together and their second dance was my favorite too. Maybe because he was in a regular suit!

I do think that Gilles has a very natural rhythm on a dance floor that most of the male contestants on the show do not possess. I do also think, though, that Cheryl is capitalizing on his phyiscal appeal since she knows the majority of the audience is female. I would like to see her giving him more technical choreography that can showcase his talent.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I don't get a creepy vibe from him either, I really like him & want him to win.
    ~Supernatural Addict~

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

There is nothing more attractive than a committed family man and husband (think Hugh Jackman.) Plus, he is smoking hot, can dance and is very comfortable with his masculinity. I'm a fan. I don't get a creepy vibe at all.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ducky2;3394809;
    Great observation! Maybe that's part of what I don't like. And the pelvic gyrations are a bit much as well. I'm not creeped out by him as a person, just some of his moves. Still think he and Cheryl dance very well together and their second dance was my favorite too. Maybe because he was in a regular suit!
    I do not see or feel any creepy coming from Gilles. He is a normal man with much sex appeal. He moves well and has much flexibility and charm.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by stacerace;3394655;
    I too get a creepy vibe from Gilles and I don't find him sexy in any way, shape or form. I actually think that Steve-O has more sex appeal. I think that Gilles is handsome but that's all. To me it's much sexier to have a good sense of humor and an interesting personality. Gilles is just kind of boring to me. I wasn't that impressed with him in the SATC movie and didn't pay that much attention to him. I was too busy drooling over Big and Steve
    And to each, his own. Just in the same way some of us do not like Melissa's buck teeth.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by girlsmom;3394001;
    I don't get a "sleazy" vibe either. Perhaps the fact that he was nude on Sex and the City led to the conclusion?
    I wonder how. Was the movie G rated or something??

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by talldede;3394991;
    There is nothing more attractive than a committed family man and husband (think Hugh Jackman.) Plus, he is smoking hot, can dance and is very comfortable with his masculinity. I'm a fan. I don't get a creepy vibe at all.
    Maybe it is nothing more than that committed family man coupled with nude actor/ pelvis-gyrating dancer is an unfamiliar combination and outside the experience of some people.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

+ Reply to Thread