+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 115 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212262112 ... LastLast

Thread: Gilles Marini & Cheryl Burke - Season 8

Re: Gilles Marini & Cheryl Burke - Season 8

Quote Originally Posted by girlsmom;3393969;
    Am I alone in thinking that this action was part of the performance, not his ad-lib.
    I agree that it was part of the performance, and choreographed that way, and I wasn't saying that he ad-libbed anything. (I'm sure he's a very nice guy) I was just agreeing with the poster that said there was something about his style of dancing that reminded them of a Vegas lounge lizard. I just think that some of his moves are over the top and sort of creep me out. I still think he and Cheryl are great together and he's done a good job - definitely in the top 3.

I don't find him creepy at all. Sex sells. Even Cheryl said that every week they advanced, he would lose an article of clothing. That's one way to attract female voters.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ducky2;3393804;
    I like these two and think they dance very well together, but there have been a couple of things about Gilles that gave me the creeps - wasn't he the one that took his finger and traced a line down the front of Cheryl at the end of the dance? I thought that was icky.
    Part of the cheography

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by LRBCPAPC;3392692;
    If you look back at the cast of characters included in DWTS, I agree that it is loosely defined. I think Cheryl makes Gilles look better than he is. He reminds me more of an off-the-strip in Vegas lounge performer than a credible Star.
    A star is a star irespective of what he/she does. Gilles is a star. He has earned it and can play or dance whatever role he wants.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Living;3394313;
    A star is a star irespective of what he/she does. Gilles is a star. He has earned it and can play or dance whatever role he wants.
    I think that is whatever role he can get

Coming to you LIVE from the Blue Velvet Lounge just a few short blocks from the Strip in Vegas...the Naked Guy from the Sex in the City movie along with a few other Chip N Dale wannabes

Quote Originally Posted by LRBCPAPC;3394624;
    I think that is whatever role he can get

Coming to you LIVE from the Blue Velvet Lounge just a few short blocks from the Strip in Vegas...the Naked Guy from the Sex in the City movie along with a few other Chip N Dale wannabes
    He has actually had parts in a number of television shows including Ugly Betty, Nip/Tuck, Criminal Minds and a couple of soaps since moving to the States. While he was a runway model for Armani, I can find no evidence that he has ever worked as a Chippendale dancer. And even if he had, so what?
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by mommyof2poodles;3393644;
    I have been debating whether to post this or not. So please don't shoot the messenger. I think he is really good looking and a really good dancer.

I went to a viewing party Monday night and none of the women (11) had Gilles and Cheryl as their favorite. I did find this odd. I asked them why not and some said they got a creepy vibe from Gilles and some said they thought Cheryl had gotten "too big for her britches" (in case this is just a southern thing, it means snotty).

I will say that at times Cheryl has gotten a bit annoying, but I still really like her and I don't get the creepy vibe from Gilles at all. My top three are Melissa, Shawn, and Gilles and in that order. I will be happy if any of these three win. I would also be happy if Ty comes from behind by improving each week he stays and ends up being the dark horse. The rest I can take or leave. JMO

So, like I say don't shoot the messenger. I just found it odd that not one of those women had Gilles as their favorite. Oh.....and the women's ages were from 30 to little old me at 52.
    I too get a creepy vibe from Gilles and I don't find him sexy in any way, shape or form. I actually think that Steve-O has more sex appeal. I think that Gilles is handsome but that's all. To me it's much sexier to have a good sense of humor and an interesting personality. Gilles is just kind of boring to me. I wasn't that impressed with him in the SATC movie and didn't pay that much attention to him. I was too busy drooling over Big and Steve
    Last edited by stacerace; 03-26-2009 at 09:50 PM.
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

Quote Originally Posted by Living;3394313;
    Oh, yes, he’s a very big STAR. Of his 13 listings on IMDB (count ‘em: 13!), his distinguished roles include:

“French Man,” “Italian Bicycle Rider”, “French Waiter,” “Attractive Man in Club,” and of course, “Henri” in that film classic—“Screech of the Decapitated.”

I have it on good authority that Sean Penn is shaking in his boots. . .

Quote Originally Posted by BritLit;3394661;
    Oh, yes, he’s a very big STAR. Of his 13 listings on IMDB (count ‘em: 13!), his distinguished roles include:

“French Man,” “Italian Bicycle Rider”, “French Waiter,” “Attractive Man in Club,” and of course, “Henri” in that film classic—“Screech of the Decapitated.”

Well, he was cast as the Attractive Man in Club, something Sean Penn could never even aspire to be.

Quote Originally Posted by BritLit;3394661;

The first few listings on Brad Pitt's IMDB page:

"Freddy's Nightmares" .... Rick Austin (1 episode, 1989)
    "Head of the Class" .... Chuck (1 episode, 1989)
    A Stoning in Fulham County (1988) (TV) .... Theodore 'Teddy' Johnson
    "21 Jump Street" .... Peter (1 episode, 1988)
    "Dallas" .... Randy (4 episodes, 1987-1988)
    "Another World" (1964) TV series .... Chris (unknown episodes, 1987)
    Less Than Zero (1987) (uncredited) .... Partygoer/Preppie Kid At Fight
    No Man's Land (1987) (uncredited) .... Waiter
    No Way Out (1987) (uncredited) (unconfirmed) .... Airport Cop

So I'm guessing there is absolutely no hope for Gilles to move on to bigger and better things.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

+ Reply to Thread