+ Reply to Thread
Page 111 of 115 FirstFirst ... 1161101102103104105106107108109110111112113114115 LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 1145

Thread: Gilles Marini & Cheryl Burke - Season 8

FORT Fanatic

Re: Gilles Marini & Cheryl Burke - Season 8

So Great that Gilles is so interested in ballroom dancing. This is an awesome outcome of learning on last season's show.

He's hinted he'd love to see an All Star Show, and that perhaps he and Cheryl will dance Season 9, and he's dancing with Vanessa Williams (Dance With Me, Ugly Betty) on the Daytime Emmy Awards, Sunday Aug 30 at 8:00 on the CW.
    Squee!!! Love me some Gilles!!

Quote Originally Posted by Andiemywestie;3683784;
    So Great that Gilles is so interested in ballroom dancing. This is an awesome outcome of learning on last season's show.

He's hinted he'd love to see an All Star Show, and that perhaps he and Cheryl will dance Season 9, and he's dancing with Vanessa Williams (Dance With Me, Ugly Betty) on the Daytime Emmy Awards, Sunday Aug 30 at 8:00 on the CW.
    Squee!!! Love me some Gilles!!
    I've thought about DWTS having an All Star SEASON made up of stars who were in the F4 during the first 8 seasons, but excluding the F1's because they have already won. To make it more interesting, they would have to dance with a different pro than they had last time. Of course, several of the pros have been in the F4 more than once. I would really like to see an All Star Season OR a single show made up of finalists from prior seasons. I just love this show.

Some of those pics of the S9 stars & pros look like they are wearing costumes that look familiar. Mya looks like the outfit Lil Kim wore on the premiere last season and Natalie's looks like the one Shawn wore for her samba in week 7 or 8. Kathy Ireland said she and Tony were dancing the Salsa, but she won't be wearing the dress she's wearing in that pic to dance a salsa, that's for sure. That dress looks more like a Waltz dress or maybe a foxtrot.

Gilles is hosting a group from DWTS in Tyler, Tx on 9/12/02, I think. My daughter has free tickets and she asked me if I wanted to go. I asked her who else was going to be there, but she didn't know. I live about 65 miles from Tyler, so I might go.

I'm telling you, Gilles had danced before he came on to DWTS. Nobody can dance like that right off the bat w/o some dancing experience. His friend gave him away during the Semi-Finals episode when they showed us where the F4 grew up and got their competitive edge. His friend said that Gilles always liked to dance and he always had natural rhythm.DUH! I grew to adore him because he seemed so sweet. Obviously, everybody here knows I was for Melissa though. Of the F3, the one who truly had no dance experience before going on the show, won in the end. I guess Shawn deserved to win since she came the farthest? (that word doesn't look right). I think it's my age.

Quote Originally Posted by n4692u;3684163;
    I'm telling you, Gilles had danced before he came on to DWTS. Nobody can dance like that right off the bat w/o some dancing experience. His friend gave him away during the Semi-Finals episode when they showed us where the F4 grew up and got their competitive edge. His friend said that Gilles always liked to dance and he always had natural rhythm.DUH! I grew to adore him because he seemed so sweet. Obviously, everybody here knows I was for Melissa though. Of the F3, the one who truly had no dance experience before going on the show, won in the end. I guess Shawn deserved to win since she came the farthest? (that word doesn't look right). I think it's my age.
    Elite female gymnasts like Shawn take as much ballet training as ice skaters do to prepare for floor exercise and balance beam. It's a part of their training.

I don't know what you saw about Gilles, but practically everybody I grew up with could dance ballroom and most did it quite well because when we went to high school or camp or temple dances, we danced the rhumba and the mambo and the cha cha and the tango and the fox trot along with our stroll and frug and twist, etc., etc., etc. If that's the kind of thing Gilles did, I don't think of that as having dance training and certainly not more than a gymnast.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

FORT Regular

Shawn danced the same at the start and at the end. Same rolled shoulders, stiff arms. Gilles is not the first natural celeb. Brooke and Apolo were naturals. They were all fit and agile and had rhythm. Shawn had ballet training and was the most famous person last season. Cute 17 years old girl versus guy famous for being naked? No one wants to see a cute 17 years old girl lose. No contest. Too bad because Gilles and Cheryl deserved it. Mark did not deserve another trophy. Talk about winning just for showing up.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by n4692u;3684163;
    Gilles is hosting a group from DWTS in Tyler, Tx on 9/12/02, I think. My daughter has free tickets and she asked me if I wanted to go. I asked her who else was going to be there, but she didn't know. I live about 65 miles from Tyler, so I might go.

Gilles has NO dance training. NONE. I can believe it, I'm sure you've seen kids on the street who just love to goof around and dance but there's no direct professional training. There's just a love of music and rhythm. It's easy to spot. The people who love it are the ones who can't help themselves, they just move whenever the music comes on the radio. He's the winner as far as I'm concerned. He's the one with the highest scores of any male contestant ever.

FORT Fogey

Gilles background, working in a bakery from 9 years to becoming a fireman. In Europe, most of the dances have not been heard of. Rhumba, mambo, salsa, foxtrot, samba etc. Until strictly come dancing etc started to air, nobody had a clue. Classic dances such as the waltz were danced by some over 60's in specific countries like Italy or in the higher societies around Europe. Gilles was not from a wealty family to afford taking ballet lessons (for what? work in the bakery??). Everyone dances the latest dances in the clubs. You learn and practice at home a bit till you are that good and when you go clubbing you just enter in to the newest craze.

Unless one came from a dancing background, in europe, one does not enter into dance training of any sort.

FORT Fanatic

I am so jazzed that Gilles got to Dance with Vanessa Williams on the Daytime Emmy Awards. I didn't get to watch it, but I heard it was fabulous. Also Gilles Twitter account and ET on line posted some pictures from the event.

FORT Fanatic

Interesting. Gilles is following Lacey Schwimmer on his twitter. Maybe he's backing Lacey and Mark D

Get ready for more Gilles! He will be appearing on "Brothers & Sisters" which premiers September 27th. Per Entertainment Weekly Fall TV Preview . .

"Sarah (Rachel Griffiths) gets lucky with Sex and the City stud Gilles Marini . . ."

Whoo hoo!

+ Reply to Thread