+ Reply to Thread
Page 108 of 115 FirstFirst ... 8589899100101102103104105106107108109110111112113114115 LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 1145

Thread: Gilles Marini & Cheryl Burke - Season 8

  1. #1071
    FORT Fogey girlsmom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    4,165

    Re: Gilles Marini & Cheryl Burke - Season 8

    Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002;3459600;
    Very nice post, pminn1608..and I agree with you totally. There's always going to be rumors flaoting around out there, and thats the only thing they are...rumors. Gilles' wife is so beautiful, anyway..and Gilles knows it. Best of luck to you Gilles, and Cheryl for a job very well done throughout the season.
    AGreed

    Cheryl may have felt romantic towards Gilles, but Gilles appears totally in love with his wife. He's French and therefore is a bit more emotionally expressive in a way which would anger American wives who aren't used to it. How many more times could he have brought up his love for his wife and kids though? jmo, but if there were genuinely something going on he would not have acted as open with Cheryl, but who know? I can't imagine that he felt anything but brotherly toward Cherryl. He also has most likely benefitted greatly by his association with Cheryl. If his career will ever take off it will after DWTS. He didn't need to come in first to get the same benfit, although he did miss out on the extra money.

  2. #1072
    FORT Fogey anders332's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    12,404

    Re: Gilles Marini & Cheryl Burke - Season 8

    Quote Originally Posted by girlsmom;3459854;
    AGreed

    Cheryl may have felt romantic towards Gilles, but Gilles appears totally in love with his wife. He's French and therefore is a bit more emotionally expressive in a way which would anger American wives who aren't used to it. How many more times could he have brought up his love for his wife and kids though? jmo, but if there were genuinely something going on he would not have acted as open with Cheryl, but who know? I can't imagine that he felt anything but brotherly toward Cherryl. He also has most likely benefitted greatly by his association with Cheryl. If his career will ever take off it will after DWTS. He didn't need to come in first to get the same benfit, although he did miss out on the extra money.
    In the end, he ended up the top prize money winner. With melissa only getting 2/3s (regardless she only got the 25 grand) but since Shawn is a minor she didn't get the base 200 grand and won't be able to claim the 100 grand - ABC made out okay with that, didn't they?
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

    Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

  3. #1073
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,621

    Re: Gilles Marini & Cheryl Burke - Season 8

    Originally Posted by anders332 Did anyone but me think it was creepy that he kept telling Cheryl that he loved her. Great that he recognized her, but I found something odd about their connection last night.
    Originally Posted by Veruka I noticed it too, and thought the affection and comments between both of them may have gone a bit over the line for a man whose married. It FELT like it was going beyond appreciation, and into sadness that they won't be spending hours together anymore.
    I found it very endearing that Gilles has seen and appreciates what Cheryl has done for him. She brought him to the finals. There was less than a 1% difference in the fan votes between him and the leader. He realizes he owes his future to Cheryl. Two days ago, he mentioned how Cheryl was helping his family. On the other hand, I see genuine and real affection between Lil’Kim and Derek, and Melissa and Tony. Derek has said on air several times, how he loves Lil’Kim. And, during a commercial break, they held each other and danced while the others were just standing there waiting.

    Tony has said several times he loves Melissa and has been seen walking with her hand in hand. It does not seem right for a married man whose wife is away taking care of babies to be seen frolicking with another woman during rehearsal, where they touch, punch and tickle one another, Derek and Shannon were doing a lot of that during her season at rehearsals. And we know how that ended. Does it mean there is something going on sexually between Melissa and Tony. Maybe yes, and even more so if the above assessment by others is right.

  4. #1074
    FORT Fogey ironcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,454

    Re: Gilles Marini & Cheryl Burke - Season 8

    Quote Originally Posted by Living;3460078;
    I found it very endearing that Gilles has seen and appreciates what Cheryl has done for him. She brought him to the finals. There was less than a 1% difference in the fan votes between him and the leader. He realizes he owes his future to Cheryl. Two days ago, he mentioned how Cheryl was helping his family. On the other hand, I see genuine and real affection between Lil’Kim and Derek, and Melissa and Tony. Derek has said on air several times, how he loves Lil’Kim. And, during a commercial break, they held each other and danced while the others were just standing there waiting.

    Tony has said several times he loves Melissa and has been seen walking with her hand in hand. It does not seem right for a married man whose wife is away taking care of babies to be seen frolicking with another woman during rehearsal, where they touch, punch and tickle one another, Derek and Shannon were doing a lot of that during her season at rehearsals. And we know how that ended. Does it mean there is something going on sexually between Melissa and Tony. Maybe yes, and even more so if the above assessment by others is right.
    I think all the speculation about affairs among dance partners is pretty silly and totally unfounded. However, I think it keeps getting raised in the case of Gilles and Cheryl because of the "sexy couple" image that they constantly sold us on the dance floor, unlike the other couples, who were more "tame". Also, there has been speculation in the past (totally unfounded I believe but still out there) about Cheryl as a "husband stealer" (with Drew) and a "cheater" (on Joey Lawrence's brother, which is why Joey kept trashing Gilles all season, petty little man that he is), which may be adding fuel to the fire.
    Last edited by The Mod Team; 05-20-2009 at 04:36 PM.

  5. #1075
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,621

    Re: Gilles Marini & Cheryl Burke - Season 8

    Quote Originally Posted by ironcat;3460123;
    I think all the speculation about affairs among dance partners is pretty silly and totally unfounded. However, I think it keeps getting raised in the case of Gilles and Cheryl because of the "sexy couple" image that they constantly sold us on the dance floor, unlike the other couples, who were more "tame". Also, there has been speculation in the past (totally unfounded I believe but still out there) about Cheryl as a "husband stealer" (with Drew) and a "cheater" (on Joey Lawrence's brother, which is why Joey kept trashing Gilles all season, petty little man that he is), which may be adding fuel to the fire.
    Little snippets like that start a rumour. :nono Whether or not Cheryl had an affair somewhere or other in the past, does not justify the attempt to ruin Gilles's reputation. :nono As noted before, the French are expressive. Being European, it does not once occur to me there may be something between Gilles and Cheryl. Actually, I have wondered this about other couples. If I were Gilles, I will kiss Cheryl’s hands and feet for helping me this far. Maybe, given the opportunity, his wife will do likewise.
    Last edited by The Mod Team; 05-20-2009 at 04:36 PM.

  6. #1076
    Magical Elf MFWalkoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    16,065

    Re: Gilles Marini & Cheryl Burke - Season 8

    Joey Lawrence was trashing Gilles all season? I've never read a thing about that.

    I think Joey needs a new publicist so he gets noticed when he's ranting.

    Dating rumors are always possible; Derek is still with Shannon Elizabeth, after all. But Gilles seems quite the family man.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln

  7. #1077
    *Until Next Season...* karalott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Posts
    17,600

    Re: Gilles Marini & Cheryl Burke - Season 8

    Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3460209;
    Joey Lawrence was trashing Gilles all season? I've never read a thing about that.

    I think Joey needs a new publicist so he gets noticed when he's ranting.

    Dating rumors are always possible; Derek is still with Shannon Elizabeth, after all. But Gilles seems quite the family man.
    He was doing his own commentary on Yahoo TV and mocked and trashed Gilles all season. His issue is with Cheryl, so it was kind of sad he stooped to being such a troll. I bet his head would have exploded and he would have come up with his own conspiracy theories about why Gilles won if he did. I used to love Joey, but not so much anymore.

  8. #1078
    FORT Fogey tango7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    2,381

    Re: Gilles Marini & Cheryl Burke - Season 8

    Quote Originally Posted by girlsmom;3459854;
    AGreed

    Cheryl may have felt romantic towards Gilles,


    Cheryl has had a hot new boyfriend for several months. Even if she didn't, I'm not seeing any of the so-called crust or whatever it is some peole are insinuating.
    Last edited by Marleybone; 05-20-2009 at 08:04 PM.

  9. #1079
    FORT Fogey Florimel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    5,948

    Re: Gilles Marini & Cheryl Burke - Season 8

    Quote Originally Posted by tango7;3460405;


    Cheryl has had a hot new boyfriend for several months. Even if she didn't, I'm not seeing any of the so-called crust or whatever it is some peole are insinuating.

    I'm with you, tango7, on all points!

    Never once did I see anything at all untoward between Gilles and Cheryl. He struck me as being a devoted family man and Cheryl does indeed have a boyfriend of her own and there never was anything between her and Drew Lachey either.

    My disappointment over Gilles not coming in first was tempered by two things. The first is that the one who did win, Shawn, has actually accomplished something in her life and earrned her place on the show in the first place.
    Last edited by Marleybone; 05-20-2009 at 08:06 PM.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

    http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

  10. #1080
    FORT Fogey MiniDiva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,320

    Re: Gilles Marini & Cheryl Burke - Season 8

    This was a great competitive season and I enjoyed watching Gilles and Cheryl dance. I loved many of their dances and performances, AT and Waltz for example, but their routines started blending together because they promoted his sexuality over his technical dancing. I am all for the hot and sultry, but it did get old for me. Perhaps I was having flashbacks of seeing him in all of his glory and various activities in the SATC movie while I watched him dance on DWTS. Regardless, I will be one of the first and line to watch him in his future TV and movie appearances but I hope he promotes his acting ability in lieu of his sexuality for a change, err, at least part of the time. In the end, I am glad that Shawn won DWTS instead of Gilles.

+ Reply to Thread

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.