+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 202122232425262728293031 LastLast

Thread: Chuck Wicks & Julianne Hough - Season 8

Re: Chuck Wicks & Julianne Hough - Season 8

Quote Originally Posted by Living;3431198;
    Also, tptb, by putting Melissa in the b2 may have given the impression she did not get much votes. And by Derek and Lil'Kim being the first to be passed for next week would have given the impression that Lil'Kim had more votes. This impression is all false, so by taling about Melissa's fans and votes he tries to point out the mathematics of it to let the viewers know the truth, that Melissa got most of the votes even though she may be standing as b2. It is really robbing from the others especially, by putting Melissa as b2. People might vote for her because they think she needs the votes.

yup - I think the producers have put LK in jeopardy of leaving next week......I'd like to see her stay to fight for the trophy, but I think her time will be up on Monday.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

I think TPTB have been putting doing this for several seasons (putting the B1 with someone who definitely wasn't in the B2 & probably wasn't in the B3). It's all about the "drama".
    “When life kicks you, let it kick you forward.” Kay Yow

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by SaffronSunrise;3431240;
    I think TPTB have been putting doing this for several seasons (putting the B1 with someone who definitely wasn't in the B2 & probably wasn't in the B3). It's all about the "drama".
    I think you are right. We can only look at the polls which can't be taken for the gospel. However, while most of the polls are straight voting, and one other is a call in ( which doesn't allow for the inclusion of the text votes), nevertheless, the polls are fairly indicative of the minds of the fans. Sometimes, even the contestant indicated on the bottom ( cough, cough Steve-O) of several polls manages to stay another week or two. Maybe that can be accounted for by text votes, and maybe it is "tweaking". In that case sometimes a couple one of two steps up from the bottom, if the vote is not too far off, will leave. It does need to be noted, though, that definitely on occasion throughout the history of this show, a couple has been pulled from the middle or toward the top of the pack and put under the red light with the bottom, exiting, couple.
    In order to keep it from being too deceptive, the hosts have gotten more careful lately to include the disclaimer that one of the couples might not necessarily be in the bottom 2 ( actual vote count) - not that most people are listening that carefully to the explanation.
    I do think it is used for dramatic purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by I'msotired;3430715;
    Me, too. I suppose they were surprised they didn't outlast Ty and Chelsie. I'm glad to know, though, that we're down to the couples (including Julianne and Chuck) who will go out gracefully.

eta: LT and Edyta did, too. I forgot about them (and how they danced, lol).
    Holly went out gracefully. So did Denise.

Quote Originally Posted by pminn1608;3431451;
    Holly went out gracefully. So did Denise.
    Poor phrasing on my part. Re-reading my quote, it does sound like I was slamming others. I think everyone's been graceful with the exception of DAG.

I just meant I thought they'd all be gracious. (Didn't sound like, though, did it? Sorry.)

And you're right. Holly felt so bad for letting Dimitri down on that last dance.
    Every time MF grins, somewhere in the world a unicorn dies.
    I don't think we're in Kansas anymore, Toto.

I really kind of miss Chuck and Julienne. I didn't think I would but he was starting to have a lot of fun and it loosened Julienne up and so they were both more fun. It would have been fun to see him one more week to see what happened next. I'm glad he got to do the team dance, it was fun seeing him doing the "white man's overbite" when he dances. lol

About the chemistry between the two of them: we go to Delaware a lot near where Chuck's home is. When we were there last week, there was an article in the local paper. They had been home, staying with his aunt. She commented on what a lovely girl Julianne is, and how she was on the floor playing with the kids and reading to them. I think they probably have more chemistry off the dance floor than on!

Am I the only one who didn't realize that Julianne had gotten the female lead in the remake of "Footloose?" Also, she's in the movie "Burlesque," which comes out next week and stars Cher, Christina Aguilera, and a bunch of other well-known folks.

Looks like her acting career is about to take off.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

I can't believe she is with Ryan Seacrest. *shudder* He's skeevy times a thousand.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;4108383;
    I can't believe she is with Ryan Seacrest. *shudder* He's skeevy times a thousand.
    Seriously!

She was talking all about how she was sooooo into him in that interview that came out at the beginning of the week about how Julianne thinks Bristol won't win DWTS. (Wonder what she's thinking now . ) I've got to think it's all about the power he has and not really about being attracted to him.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

+ Reply to Thread