+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ... 171819202122232425262728293031 LastLast

Thread: Chuck Wicks & Julianne Hough - Season 8

Re: Chuck Wicks & Julianne Hough - Season 8

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3428796;
    To me, Chuck was simply being frank, not rude. He was up against someone who had scored way lower than him, yet he went home. Tom threw him the question, and he answered as directly as he could knowing that he had about 30 seconds to get it in. During it, he even gave props to Melissa for cultivating such a fan base, something he is still working on in his day job, let alone on this show.

Was what he said untrue or inaccurate? Nope.
    I didn't find it rude either - guess it's all about perception, eh?
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by justsaying;3428815;
    It's one of those things where you should watch and decide for yourself. Otherwise, pick one of the folowing:

a) Chuck whined about Melissa's fan base.
    b) Chuck gave Melissa credit for having the fan support to overcome a 5 point spread.
    That's true...that's why I was very curious to see how he would react to Melissa when she went to give him a hug. He gave her a quick hug, did not even look at her and went to hug someone else. That was the deciding factor for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Nani;3428820;
    That's true...that's why I was very curious to see how he would react to Melissa when she went to give him a hug. He gave her a quick hug, did not even look at her and went to hug someone else. That was the deciding factor for me.
    I can see his point of view. Afterall, he earned her a portion of her score when she couldn't do it. It has to have felt ironic, at the very least, that he was eliminated, having participated, instead of someone who was regarded as physically unable to perform. Clearly people didn't vote for her performances on Monday, so what he said actually makes a great deal of sense, and his reaction does, too.
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

FORT Fanatic

I took Chuck's comments about Melissa having a big fanbase as a compliment and almost encouragement to Melissa for having so many people supporting her. It has to be a little embarassing for him to be beat out by someone who had a judges's score lower than his own. I thought he showed class in those comments recognizing that he just didn't have the people's vote. Chuck wasn't my favorite and I never thought he had a chance to win it but he did grow on me over the weeks. He seems to be a sincerely nice guy. I wish him luck in his music career!

If there was anyone he could have taken it out on, it's the pros (including his girlfriend). The original idea of copying a Beyoncé music video that has already been lampooned to death on SNL and YouTube, was simply not smart. They spent so much time mimicking Beyoncé's steps that they forgot what kind of dance they were supposed to be doing. As the star, things like that are out of his hands, he's supposed to smile and do as he's told.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln

If he had given her a big bear hug and further injured her ribs...

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3428796;
    To me, Chuck was simply being frank, not rude. He was up against someone who had scored way lower than him, yet he went home. Tom threw him the question, and he answered as directly as he could knowing that he had about 30 seconds to get it in. During it, he even gave props to Melissa for cultivating such a fan base, something he is still working on in his day job, let alone on this show.

Was what he said untrue or inaccurate? Nope.
    I agree. I have often been very critical of Chuck's comments, but actually I thought that he was pretty gracious in his comments last night. He was COMPLIMENTING Melissa in my mind, not denigrating her. I was surprised at the positive tone of his comments and then he moved in into saying he was going on tour. I don't understand how his comments were being nasty or indicative of poor sportsmanship.

Was it Len who said it best.....? If were talking about who was the best last night..then Melissa should go....If we are talking about since the beginning...then Chuck should go.

Quote Originally Posted by Nani;3428890;
    Was it Len who said it best.....? If were talking about who was the best last night..then Melissa should go....If we are talking about since the beginning...then Chuck should go.
    I was glad to see Melissa stay and someone had to go. At least Chuck can be proud he developed as a dancer and gave a good performance to go out on. Going on the tour with Julieanne should help build both their country music fanbase as well as be a fun way for them to be togehter while statisfying their producers wish for promotion.

Quote Originally Posted by Nani;3428789;
    I didn't catch the one about the group dance..but when he talked about how Melissa's fan base must be huge...it really kinda rubbed me the wrong way. My immediate thought was that his comment did NOT make him sound so nice. So when everyone went up to hug him after the last dance I was watching to see how he would react to Melissa and was shocked at how obvious he was at brushing her off and I thought the same thing...what poor sportsmanship! and.....what a tool!!
    I kind of read that as sour grapes -- although it may have been him repeating what Julianne may be whining about in private with him.

We have to remember to that just because the final two couples were Tony and Melissa, it is not "in any particular order" and Melissa and Tony may have had higher viewer rating that any of them that made it through last night.

I think it made Melissa feel like she was undeserving of being there or having a bigger fan base.
    If you need a shoulder to cry on, pull off to the side of the road

+ Reply to Thread