+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 31 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Chuck Wicks & Julianne Hough - Season 8

Re: Chuck Wicks & Julianne Hough - Season 8

Chuck definitely did better last night. Am I the only one that feels that someone is monitoring this board? lol Lots of direct quotes of our criticisms. Chuck seems to be trying to be more likeable. Oh well, he'll be kept for another week, but not final four material, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by girlsmom;3412782;
    Chuck definitely did better last night. Am I the only one that feels that someone is monitoring this board? lol Lots of direct quotes of our criticisms. Chuck seems to be trying to be more likeable. Oh well, he'll be kept for another week, but not final four material, imo.
    I thought exactly the same thing when he mentioned their lack of chemistry. I forget some of the other things, but it definately seems like someone was reading this board.
    “When life kicks you, let it kick you forward.” Kay Yow

Other comments from people included:
    Gilles sexiness perhaps carrying his dances--something to that effect
    Wasn't something said about Ty being such a nice guy?
    Wasn't there something said about Mel too?

The interesting thing what that the wording was pretty much exactly what people have been posting.

Quote Originally Posted by girlsmom;3412998;
    Other comments from people included:
    Gilles sexiness perhaps carrying his dances--something to that effect
    Wasn't something said about Ty being such a nice guy?
    Wasn't there something said about Mel too?

The interesting thing what that the wording was pretty much exactly what people have been posting.
    That is so true! I think the thing about Mel was that she smiles too much or keeps her mouth open or something.

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

Chuck does seem to be fighting nerves and high expectations, based on the article. I didn't care for their dance last night because I thought it was too over-the-top. It's like they are wanting to prove they have chemistry by over-acting it on the dance floor.

Quote Originally Posted by ducky2;3413024;
    That is so true! I think the thing about Mel was that she smiles too much or keeps her mouth open or something.
    Yes, each time the comments were specifically what had been commented upon on this board. Mel's quote was about her smiling too much. Very specific, it was just so funny.

I like Chuck's singing far better than I like his attempts to dance. He seems very uncomfortable being bossed around by his girlfriend. I've watched a couple of his videos and he is much more likable on them than he is on the dance floor.

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh;3413329;
    I like Chuck's singing far better than I like his attempts to dance. He seems very uncomfortable being bossed around by his girlfriend. I've watched a couple of his videos and he is much more likable on them than he is on the dance floor.
    I've never heard Chuck sing but do agree he seems uncomfortable. Can't say if it is his ego or his desire to please Julianne that gets in the way. I loved the scenes showing them re-living their first date, helped remind them why they are together!!!!!! Wonder if he had another pro giving him instruction if he would be any better but that is a moot point because he probably only agreed to do the show with her as his "pro".

I tend to think that Chuck would not have been invited to do the show if he were not partnered with Julianne. Julianne has been very popular and has been a winning coach, I would not be surprised if she ONLY agreed to be on the show IF Chuck appeared on the show. The draw for Chuck to be on the show is that people like to see real life romance and they like Julianne. o.k. I am "people", lol, and I was looking forward to seeing them together and fully expected them to be so cute, etc. I was let down big time. Honestly, I think Chuck agreed to do the show because DWST is GREAT exposure for C listers, it has a proven track record. Chuck's career is stalled and I'm quite sure that he'd love to give it a boost.

Who is John Galt?

l disagree with others who mock this couple. I think they are cute and have good chemistry together and are obviously in love (or lust). Their Rhumba was quite good and definitely not too sexy. It is supposed to be SEXY and look like foreplay on the dance floor. If you watch the Ballroom Challenge, when the pros do the Rhumba it is far far sexier than anything seen on this show. In fact, I question Len's comments in this regard. He is supposed to be a former pro dancer and must know how sensual the Rhumba is supposed to be.

+ Reply to Thread