+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 31 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Chuck Wicks & Julianne Hough - Season 8

Re: Chuck Wicks & Julianne Hough - Season 8

Quote Originally Posted by stacerace;3409450;
    I don't know about the timing of Tom/Nicole's divorce and that movie but watch Far and Away and you'll see that the chemistry between them was SMOKIN HOT!
    Far And Away was made several years before Eyes Wide Shut, I'm thinking at least 5 years. Far and Away was filmed just a little while after they met on the set of Days of Thunder.
    “When life kicks you, let it kick you forward.” Kay Yow

Quote Originally Posted by moflan;3409395;
    Emphasis in bold is mine....didn't Nicole and Tom get divorced soon after they filmed this together? It shed light on an already strained relationship.

Wonder if Chuck is too insecure to be in Julianne's shadow? She's the dance pro. She's won accolades now in the country music industry. His fragile ego continues to get bruised week in and week out.

As mentioned previously, this has not been a good career move for him. Wonder if it will be a relationship killer, as well.
    eyes wide shut was released in 1999 and it took forever to go from filming to release so it was probably filmed in 1998...maybe even 1997. i think they got divorced in 2000 or 2001 so yeah, it all kinda came crashing down at the same time. i remember hearing of another real life couple that once needed that kind of training for their love scenes but for the life of me, i can't remember who it was...it will come to me.

it's probably easier to 'act' love with a non-lover than it is to 'act' love with your real lover. in the end, in dancing and movies, i guess it comes down to the talent/acting/choreography.

I don't know about the timing of Tom/Nicole's divorce and that movie but watch Far and Away and you'll see that the chemistry between them was SMOKIN HOT!
    I agree that you could see chemistry with them in Far and Away (1992) or Days of Thunder (1990), where they met and fell in love. Eyes Wide Shut came out in 1999 and they split sometime around 2000, 2001. The cracks were already apparent, I guess. I never saw their last movie, but I can believe what was posted above.

As for Chuck and Julianne's lack of chemistry? It's possible that Chuck is just self-conscious, and is so fixated on being masculine , that he can't relax on DWTS and so his interactions with Julianne are strained by that a and we can't see the chemistry.

The weirdest moment for me, so far, as the weird half kiss he gave her after their dance this week. She's your girlfriend, you can at least give her a peck.

I think he acts rather like a jerk to her in rehearsals. How often does she say "It looks the best when you're making fun of the steps..."? Way to show respect for your girlfriend's profession, Chuck! Just judging by what we've seen on the show, I'll be surprised if they stay together for very long.

FORT Fogey

I hope they last but I don't think doing the show together was a great decision for them. I think he would have been better off paired with a stranger. I also think she would have pushed much harder with someone she wasn't in love with. I'm sure it's tough for them.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Nova14;3409544;
    I hope they last but I don't think doing the show together was a great decision for them. I think he would have been better off paired with a stranger. I also think she would have pushed much harder with someone she wasn't in love with. I'm sure it's tough for them.
    Being paired with another pro might have brought more flack for Julianne and him if he had that attitude and mediocre dancing. I always have those celebs that fit into the 'this sounded like a good idea when I signed up but get me out of here!' but I never thought Chuck would be one of those. I think he came on here for the career exposure and it's not doing anything for him. I've seen a variety of interviews where the focus is mainly Julianne and her career, and maybe a couple of questions aimed at him but it's about the show, not his career. He seems like he wants to try hard but I seem to think when he gets that attitude it's all just for show. Julianne may have a new #1 interest in her singing, but Chuck needs to realize dancing is a huge part of her life and I don't think he respects that part. Maybe he did think it'd be easier than it is, maybe he thought they'd be the front and center most talked about couple, who knows. Either way I feel sorry for Julianne.

FORT Fogey

Julianne really seems to be trying to do the best she can but he handicaps her some physically and emotionally. I guess if they were on show at same time with different partners there could be claims of sabatoge which could get ugly. Good point.

I think he wanted exposure and while he's gotten some it seems to be more on her, the show and them as a couple versus him as a singer so that part definitely didn't go as planned.

chuck doesn't seem to have what my grandma called 'gumption'. if he's not pimping his projects/career, that's his fault. if julieanne is stealing his thunder, well...i guess it begs the question, which is the pro and which is the celebrity (not that chuck could be confused technically with a professional dancer) but julieanne is certainly acting more like the celeb this round. she's on her turf, doing her thing...two time champ...i'm sure chuck is muy intimidated by that and the only way he knows how to express that is to grunt and whine about dancing being girly. it's like being back on the playground.

given both chuck and julieanne are touring right now, the only time they spend together, they're rehearsing. i'm sure it's no barrel of monkeys for either of them. it might be a race to see who breaks up first...chuck/julieanne or jason/molly (sorry, couldn't resist!)

FORT Newbie

i think it was on an episode of friends where joey tells the guys that if a couple acting has heat and passion, then they aren't "doing it" (his words) and if they dont it's because they are.....

She outshines him in every venue. His ego can't take it. I don't see them lasting. They'd be best cast in a remake of A Star is Born.

That's the name of the movie I was trying to remember. Far and Away, imo, showcase a COMPLETE lack of any onscreen sexual chemistry between Tom/Nicole. At the time it was SO contrived looking and completely asexual. I am not saying there was no sexual attraction between them, but imo, it SURE didn't appear on screen. The whole scene where the bed pan was lifted off his private area was laughable to me. I clearly also remember the director, Ron Howard saying that Tom surprised Nic by being nude under the pan in order to get the sexual response. Wow, did THAT ever fall flat.

So, this goes to show that sometime the sexual chemistry does not translate on the screen and I don't know how Julianne can fix that.

+ Reply to Thread