+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2223242526272829303132

Thread: Shawn Johnson & Mark Ballas - Season 8

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: Shawn Johnson & Mark Ballas - Season 8

I heard those mirrorball trophies are a piece of crap anyway.

He looked angry and jittery in the finals. He looks like his dad so not cute. Those faces when dancing, the costumes bring focus to him. He makes gestures even when coming down the stairs in the intro. All in your face. He talks less than Derek. Neither are cute. Shawn's cute.
    While both are guilty of being OTT and overshadowing their partners at times, Mark is the king for the reasons you mentioned. Derek doesn't do it during dancing, only afterwards during interviews or when the credits roll. If I'm more focused on Derek than his partner during the dances, it's because Derek is that good. Mark is great, too, but I'm actually surprised the judges don't bring it up more-sometimes he looks like a freaking maniac when he dances, and that's not a good thing. They did mention it last year with Kim, and how Mark had to overdance to make up for her lack of dancing. I wonder if he forgets where he is sometimes. Its not so much the strange ideas or costumes he comes up with, but those faces I certainly won't miss.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3481541;
    I heard those mirrorball trophies are a piece of crap anyway.

While both are guilty of being OTT and overshadowing their partners at times, Mark is the king for the reasons you mentioned. Derek doesn't do it during dancing, only afterwards during interviews or when the credits roll. If I'm more focused on Derek than his partner during the dances, it's because Derek is that good. Mark is great, too, but I'm actually surprised the judges don't bring it up more-sometimes he looks like a freaking maniac when he dances, and that's not a good thing. They did mention it last year with Kim, and how Mark had to overdance to make up for her lack of dancing. I wonder if he forgets where he is sometimes. Its not so much the strange ideas or costumes he comes up with, but those faces I certainly won't miss.
    Lots of male pros make those strange faces. I don't get it. I think they look strange. That's the main reason I couldn't stand Louis during his first season. It creeps me out.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Congrats Team Shark on an exciting win! I love all things Mark Ballas. He is such an incredible talent. Singer...dancer....choreograph er. He toned down the facial emotion this year. Most professional dancers make faces if they feel the dance from their gut. It is natural and if all you see is his face then you have missed the performance. It is not Mark's job to dance down to his partner but to teach her to rise to his level. It is all about the performance and entertaining the audience and fans. The only partner he out danced was Kim K. and she moved like a blow-up doll. Chelsie, Lacey, Anna and Dmitry will bring the same youthful edge that the Ballas-Houghs have. IMO

The other night a repeat of a Samantha Who? was on. It was about a dance club rivalry between Samantha's mother & her rival.
    At the big dance competition, the rival's partner was played by none other than Mark Ballas.
    I had it taped (yep, I tape Samantha Who?), so I rewound to make sure it was him. It was. I didn't realize he had other TV shows on his resume, even if he had no lines.

You call that MUSIC!!?? Ellender's Avatar

Shawn is adorable, and she's a quick study. She improved dramatically in dancing style from early in the competition.
    But she is so short and stocky that I don't think she will ever have great body lines as a dancer (except maybe as an acrobatic dancer).

Gilles should have won, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellender;3496978;
    Shawn is adorable, and she's a quick study. She improved dramatically in dancing style from early in the competition.
    But she is so short and stocky that I don't think she will ever have great body lines as a dancer (except maybe as an acrobatic dancer).

Gilles should have won, IMO.
    Shawn never did get rid of her "gymnast" arms. I thought Shawn was a cutie, but should have come in 3rd on DWTS. Gilles and Melissa were better dancers than her, but her fan base won the day. I have to say though, she was a quick study on the show and a hard worker and she wanted that ugly trophy reeeeaaaalllyyy badly.

FORT Regular

Did anybody else see Shawn on the Red Carpet for the CMT's? If so, what did you think of her dress? I thought it was horrible. Too old looking for her and it was a full length. Made her look short and dumpy! She needs to wear the shorter dresses. Shawn was on the Red Carpet with Julianne. Now Julianne looked great in her little short dress. But then again what wouldn't Julianne look good in.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ~Cheyenne~;3505810;
    Did anybody else see Shawn on the Red Carpet for the CMT's? If so, what did you think of her dress? I thought it was horrible. Too old looking for her and it was a full length. Made her look short and dumpy! She needs to wear the shorter dresses. Shawn was on the Red Carpet with Julianne. Now Julianne looked great in her little short dress. But then again what wouldn't Julianne look good in.
    Chucky Cheese's arms. She needs a better boyfriend. LOL

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Shawn really does need a better stylist. She's a very pretty girl, but that dress does her no favors.

+ Reply to Thread