Closed Thread
Page 9 of 375 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959109 ... LastLast

Thread: Melissa Rycroft & Tony Dovolani - Season 8

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Re: Melissa Rycroft & Tony Dovolani - Season 8

Quote Originally Posted by jcsorrels;3379860;
    Yes, thank you Cupcakes for the avitars!

I've never watched DWTS before. How does it work?

Did they get to choose which kind of dance on the 9th or was it assigned?

What about next week? Do they all have to do the same kind of dance or will they all be different again?

Thanks!
    The dances are assigned. Each week there are two dances, generally a traditional ballroom dance (waltz, foxtrot, etc) and a Latin dance (salsa, mambo, cha cha, etc.). Half the couples do one, half the other.

FORT Fogey

Thanks for the gorgeous pictures! All I can say is.....how does she dance so beautifully in those high heels?! Lovely.

Quote Originally Posted by ZulaMay;3379979;
    Thanks for the gorgeous pictures! All I can say is.....how does she dance so beautifully in those high heels?! Lovely.
    I'm wishing all the episodes were available now (LOL). I've seen their dance many times now, and still need to go back and watch the ones I missed.

Does anyone remember how the eliminations go? Is it usually one couple per week, so we have 13 weeks left (with the first eliminated couple leaving next Tuesday)? Or do they ever eliminate more than one couple in a week? I recall the "group dance" but don't remember whether there were also couple performances that week.

Also, will the Monday night show always be 2 hours?
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

Quote Originally Posted by ZulaMay;3379979;
    All I can say is.....how does she dance so beautifully in those high heels?!
    My strong suspicion is that she dances in the high heels the same way all the women do (and have, for many seasons).
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;3379991;
    I'm wishing all the episodes were available now (LOL). I've seen their dance many times now, and still need to go back and watch the ones I missed.

Does anyone remember how the eliminations go? Is it usually one couple per week, so we have 13 weeks left (with the first eliminated couple leaving next Tuesday)? Or do they ever eliminate more than one couple in a week? I recall the "group dance" but don't remember whether there were also couple performances that week.

Also, will the Monday night show always be 2 hours?
    The eliminations are usually 1 per week. This year, they're doing things differently and having a 'dance off' where they can possibly bring up their judges' score before the elimination.

Quote Originally Posted by MissThing;3379999;
    My strong suspicion is that she dances in the high heels the same way all the women do (and have, for many seasons).
    I think you're right! So how do they ALL do it?
    Last edited by jcsorrels; 03-11-2009 at 03:25 PM. Reason: spelling error

Quote Originally Posted by jcsorrels;3380053;
    I think your're right! So how do they ALL do it?

Very Painfully.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

I thought she did a great job and I'm happy Tony has a good partner. However, season after season the second somebody comes on with even the smallest amount of dance training in their background (even if it was in something completely unconnected to ballroom and when they were 6) there are shouts everywhere (media, etc) about how unfair it is and how the person is a ringer.

Kind of surprised that I've yet to see anything like that about her. Maybe it will come later once the novelty of her only having 48 hours to train wears off?

Again, I did enjoy her dance and loved her arm movements but I've never been bothered by the "ringers" and I'm one who is actually thrilled they are on because otherwise? It'd be a bunch of shuffling bumbling and I don't want to see that.

Quote Originally Posted by jcsorrels;3380053;
    I think you're right! So how do they ALL do it?
    The shoes are specially designed with arch support and flexible soles. They're in fact quite comfortable. Really, not a big deal at all.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy;3380162;
    The shoes are specially designed with arch support and flexible soles. They're in fact quite comfortable. Really, not a big deal at all.
    Except if you turn the wrong way you could roll or twist an ankle! I have to give it up to them for dancing in ANY kind of heel, especially when they are told to go down on their heel instead of their toe. ie Mel

Closed Thread