Closed Thread
Page 5 of 375 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Melissa Rycroft & Tony Dovolani - Season 8

FORT Newbie

Re: Melissa Rycraft & Tony Dovolani - Season 8

I thought Mel and Tony were wonderful.
    And it's great to get to see some more of Mel and something happier than the way things ended on TB.
    Her ballet training will help her but she will have to make adjustments.
    I had a lot of ballet training when I was young and now I'm taking a tap class. I have to watch it because I start looking more like ballet than tap.
    I didn't see her on DCC but I bet she has a great work ethic and that will really help her to meet the challenge.

I loved seeing Melissa last night. I thought she did great considering the short notice. There have been several on this show with prior ballet and dance. And, to me, this show is more about the popular vote as opposed to the best dancer. So, I don't think she had an unfair advantage.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

YAY for Melissa and Tony's thread!!!

I posted on several threads last night, but this is the official partner thread.

Melissa did a fantastic job, and with only 2 days of rehearsal!!! Just think how she'll be 4 weeks into it. She and Tony looked like dancers on top of a music box...so romantic in a sweet way, and so happy. I'm not a dance expert, but I felt like Carrie tried hard to find something to criticize (Melissa's emotions not matching the dance, which I disagree with) in order to save the 10's for later.

I knew Melissa would do really well, but it was downright magical.

Thanks for the screencaps, ky-la! I need to find an avatar of them, too (or just Melissa).
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by deedreamer;3377961;
    It is nice to see Tony with someone who has some dancing ability and body awareness. He has for several seasons been stuck with ladies that have very little awareness of how their body can move. He is always the gracious partner but limited in what he can do by the partners he has had. Maybe this season we will get to see more of his talent than he has had the opportunity to show before.

Melissa did very well. So far I think She and Tony are in the top 3.
    I so agree with you about Tony. Yes, he can be caustic but the man can DANCE. And choreograph. And teach.

I am so happy that he will have the chance to get further along this season than in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by java66;3378172;
    I thought Mel and Tony were wonderful.
    And it's great to get to see some more of Mel and something happier than the way things ended on TB.
    Her ballet training will help her but she will have to make adjustments.
    I had a lot of ballet training when I was young and now I'm taking a tap class. I have to watch it because I start looking more like ballet than tap.
    I didn't see her on DCC but I bet she has a great work ethic and that will really help her to meet the challenge.
    She'll probably also have to be aware of her facial expressions. As a cheerleader you have to always have a huge smile and she was doing that the whole time she was dancing and the judges commented on it. I'm sure she'll be able to break the habit. Her dancing was so beautiful and graceful though.
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

George: My Dream Hubby... mommadeb's Avatar

Re: Melissa Rycroft & Tony Dovolani - Season 8

I am sooooooo very happy that Mel decided to do this. And she couldn't have got a better partner. Tony is just awesome and I agree, I think Melissa will be able to challenge him into his harder and more technical choreography. I was so impressed at how smoothly they flowed after only 2 days of practice. Tony really know how to work with what his partner has and he knew Melissa had the ballet knowledge and like he said, he took that and threw in some technical Waltz moves and came out with that dance. Even Nancy was so impressed that she was the first one out of her seat clapping.

Go Tony and Mel!!!!

BTW, are there any other screencaps or pics of them together? I may want to change my avatar now!!
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Love many things, for therein lies the true strength.
    And whosoever loves much, performs much, and can accomplish much.
    And what is done in love is done well.

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

I thought Melissa was radiant last night! She did an excellent job dancing and should do pretty well in this competition.

FORT Fanatic

i admitted i was wrong over on TB thread, so thought I would come here and also say that Melissa was ver good last night. She held her own I thought and I never expected to say it but I liked her last night.

Quote Originally Posted by imissme;3378321;
    i admitted i was wrong over on TB thread, so thought I would come here and also say that Melissa was ver good last night. She held her own I thought and I never expected to say it but I liked her last night.
    It's allright, Imissme. I liked Melissa in TB but I'm liking her even more now.This is the real Melissa,genuine,natural, beautiful, graceful and no script,no editing of emotions,just her, dancing her dream. Whether she goes far or not,I'm sure she's the real thing.

I was very pleasantly surprised that Melissa and Tony went last on the show. The anticipation of waiting to see if they would close out the show on a high note was well worth the wait because for some reason I thought they had saved one of the best for last.

I thought I saw Tony saying a couple words to Melissa here and there while they were dancing and wondered if he was giving her a gentle reminder?

I think they will land in the top 4 at the very least if Tony continues to plan their routines around Melissa's strengths. The grace and elegance are there for the slow dance and I can't wait to see the faster dances. If Melissa did that well last night, I'm sure she will be a quick learner with the critiques the judges hand down.

Closed Thread