Closed Thread
Page 375 of 375 FirstFirst ... 275325365366367368369370371372373374375
Results 3,741 to 3,750 of 3750

Thread: Melissa Rycroft & Tony Dovolani - Season 8

Re: Melissa Rycroft & Tony Dovolani - Season 8

Melissa certainly inspires varied opinions! However, the opinions of the 'powers that be' at ABC are the only ones that matter in this case, and apparently they have a very high opinion of her indeed. They don't hire new talent on a whim; too much $$ involved not to take a good look and do a good analysis of what they're bringing in.

Melissa isn't "polished" and I imagine that's one of the things they like the best about her. She could be any of us. I love her Cinderella story, but it's not all luck by any means. She's got potential or the big guns would have just thrown her to the curb like they do most of the other reality contestants (not to mention any names, lol.) I think this is probably the true beginning for her and she'll go far. Good for her!

Quote Originally Posted by ninavee;3511390;
    Melissa certainly inspires varied opinions! However, the opinions of the 'powers that be' at ABC are the only ones that matter in this case, and apparently they have a very high opinion of her indeed. They don't hire new talent on a whim; too much $$ involved not to take a good look and do a good analysis of what they're bringing in.
    TPTB will hire anyone that they think people will watch. I think the mere fact of the presence of, say, Speidi, Janice Dickinson, Jon & Kate, et all. all over the television and other media says plenty about how little quality is actually required by TPTB.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3511437;
    TPTB will hire anyone that they think people will watch. I think the mere fact of the presence of, say, Speidi, Janice Dickinson, Jon & Kate, et all. all over the television and other media says plenty about how little quality is actually required by TPTB.
    I agree with you completely about Speidi, et al. My point was, however, it's doubtful you'll find any of these 'celebrities' going beyond reality type programs. Melissa just made a huge jump to maintream TV.

And I certainly agree that they will hire anyone they think people will watch -- that's what it's all about. Apparently they think people will watch Melissa on non-reallity programming or they wouldn't be wasting time and resources on her. Very few reality celebrities have made it to this level. Will it work out for them? Who knows? But apparently they see something worth developing or they wouldn't have offered her this opportunity.

I haven't been here in a few days and look at all the exciting moments I've missed. Nothing ever changes as far as Melissa is concerned!

It sounds like 8 gigs on GMA has stirred up the emotions again and I'm betting that is what the producers are betting on also. I don't watch the morning shows because I work, but if they pop up on you tube I'll probably check it out just to see if Melissa is able to present things to the viewers in an enlightening or entertaining way. If she does well, great. If she falls on her face, so be it. I would imagine the important thing is putting yourself out there and at least giving it a try. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. It is not everyone who is given these opportunities to grab the brass ring, so there must be something there that quite a few are not seeing.

Never a dull moment when Melissa is around. LOL.
    I'm only here for the entertainment.

Doubtful this woman will be the next war correspondent for ABC news. No doubt she will be seen in a next to nothing cover up dress on some red carpet premiere asking stupid questions to people in the limelight who have no idea whatsoever who she is.

Rattus think you pretty much nailed the adjectives for this lady personalty.

Quote Originally Posted by pminn1608;3511559;
    Doubtful this woman will be the next war correspondent for ABC news. No doubt she will be seen in a next to nothing cover up dress on some red carpet premiere asking stupid questions to people in the limelight who have no idea whatsoever who she is.

Rattus think you pretty much nailed the adjectives for this lady personalty.
    Could not agree with you more, pminn1608! All I can say is the best thing Jason did was get away.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by illusions;3511544;
    I haven't been here in a few days and look at all the exciting moments I've missed. Nothing ever changes as far as Melissa is concerned!

It sounds like 8 gigs on GMA has stirred up the emotions again and I'm betting that is what the producers are betting on also. I don't watch the morning shows because I work, but if they pop up on you tube I'll probably check it out just to see if Melissa is able to present things to the viewers in an enlightening or entertaining way. If she does well, great. If she falls on her face, so be it. I would imagine the important thing is putting yourself out there and at least giving it a try. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. It is not everyone who is given these opportunities to grab the brass ring, so there must be something there that quite a few are not seeing.

Never a dull moment when Melissa is around. LOL.
    LOL, Well said. She is a polarizing figure, no doubt.

I think all parties are happy, so it was the best ending for everyone who was involved with B13.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by ninavee;3511507;
    I agree with you completely about Speidi, et al. My point was, however, it's doubtful you'll find any of these 'celebrities' going beyond reality type programs. Melissa just made a huge jump to maintream TV.

And I certainly agree that they will hire anyone they think people will watch -- that's what it's all about. Apparently they think people will watch Melissa on non-reallity programming or they wouldn't be wasting time and resources on her. Very few reality celebrities have made it to this level. Will it work out for them? Who knows? But apparently they see something worth developing or they wouldn't have offered her this opportunity.
    That is true, though the most people can get is hosting a D-list reality knock off of some other popular show or being a temporary contributor on an entertainment show. Elisabeth Hasselbeck is the only person I can think of to get a mainstream gig and stay there. Others might have at their peak but vanished amongst the rest of the reality show has beens. I don't think Melissa is going to cover hard news, and this is a chance for her to either fall flat on her face or make a big impression. Depending on whose corner you're in you'll likely have your own opinion how she does. It'll be up the the mainstream neutral viewers that have no idea who she is or think 'gee, you really can get anything from reality TV' that'll matter. Since I won't be watching I guess I'll find out how it goes through the objective view of media. But I am hoping she has some Soup worthy moments

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;3509048;
    I'm glad I don't watch GMA.
    Yup me too Unk.

Look, we tried, but since posters continually are using this thread to make comments about other posters rather than Melissa or Tony, we're shutting it down for people to cool off.

If/when it reopens, keep in mind:
    • Saying "people" counts as talking about other posters. Example: "I can't believe people can make such harsh judgments about someone they don't even know!"
    • Regardless of what you might think, this is the rule for our entire site. Please visit elsewhere than your one favorite forum or thread to see how our site operates. We absolutely will not tolerate ill will towards other posters.
    • Contestants of every show are fair game. This has been our site policy from day one and will not change for any single contestant any particular show.
    Thanks for listening.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Closed Thread