Closed Thread
Page 374 of 375 FirstFirst ... 274324364365366367368369370371372373374375 LastLast
Results 3,731 to 3,740 of 3750

Thread: Melissa Rycroft & Tony Dovolani - Season 8

Re: Melissa Rycroft & Tony Dovolani - Season 8

Quote Originally Posted by Living;3510391;
    Glad I don't watch that show. guess Mellissa and all her fans need to be thankful to Jason for dumping her. It opened up doors for her. Without Jason dumping her, she would be in her cubicle. Maybe Jason should have held on for some more months and borne the suffering. Now, we, have to take all that. Ugh!
    I think all that 'dumping' stuff is in the past and all parties seem quite happy and satisfied.

We all have unhappy, unwanted events that eventually turn out to be not as bad as we first thought, sometimes even quite good. As they say, 'when one door closes, another opens.' I think knowing that bad can turn into good is one of the things that keeps us going when 'bad stuff' happens. Personally, I find it comforting and reassuring that everyone emerged from that mess in such good shape.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by sueb1961;3510257;
    I strongly believe she turned the bachelorette down because she had a boyfriend and was probably promised some other show. She totally acts like it was drawn out of a hat. Six weeks ago I am sitting in my cubicle and here I am, oh come on. No, it had nothing to do with the fact that she had 3 other TV appearances, not matter how you want to classify each one. So what if she wants to be on TV. At least be honest about it. Even Ellen questioned her on her reappearance about not going on TV again.

Fake or Ditz take you pick. Her constant overdone reactions drive me nuts. Lets not forget the many faces.

I agree pminn1608 that she will need voice and sentence lessons. Unless, of course her new gig is how to be a ditz in 10 easy steps. Or how to make a career from reality tv.
    Well, sorry to say, but she will be the one raking in the bucks and having a blast. And I for one will be having one alongside her. Apparently those in the know about TV ratings and likeability, and camera presence , and voice modulation, etc. believe she has it. She's in the top 100 most beautiful women; she's in the top 10 sexy new TV faces; she's the one that the general public seems to like. She's young, and beautiful and yes smart (with that BS in Business) and funny and hot. That may bother those who preferred little miss prune danish, fake blonde, graduate of the Target retail program, overly made up, homewrecker Mollywho still hasn't moved to Seattle and who sat in coach while Jason rode first class to a paid event in the Bahamas. Yeah, true love. Melli's made lemonade from lemons. Last laugh to Mel I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by kultainen;3510653;
    Well, sorry to say, but she will be the one raking in the bucks and having a blast. And I for one will be having one alongside her. Apparently those in the know about TV ratings and likeability, and camera presence , and voice modulation, etc. believe she has it. She's in the top 100 most beautiful women; she's in the top 10 sexy new TV faces; she's the one that the general public seems to like. She's young, and beautiful and yes smart (with that BS in Business) and funny and hot. That may bother those who preferred little miss prune danish, fake blonde, graduate of the Target retail program, overly made up, homewrecker Mollywho still hasn't moved to Seattle and who sat in coach while Jason rode first class to a paid event in the Bahamas. Yeah, true love. Melli's made lemonade from lemons. Last laugh to Mel I guess.
    So tearing down Molly makes Mellisa look better.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by nennie;3510844;
    So tearing down Molly makes Mellisa look better.
    Since Melissa and her fans claim to be over that Jason fake dumped her on TV, I doubt she cares what he's doing, and maybe he doesn't care for life in the limelight. They may be perfectly content living their life. I don't blame that other girl any. What was she supposed to do? But if it hadn't been for all of that, Melissa would have faded back into oblivion like the rest of TB/ette cast offs, never to be heard from again. Who knows, maybe she's a last minute replacement yet again for GMA. I don't think being voted top 100 whatever is a big deal or proves that a vast majority still want to see her around. Julianne got it, and Shawn got it. Whose ever in the moment often gets mentioned.

Exactly Karlott, . Who knows maybe they didn't need someone with actual talent for this gig. The world is full of infamous people

Quote Originally Posted by kultainen;3508338;
    a) hope so. people are trying to arrange it for a group of us.
    b) it is good when anyone is happy. I personally try to write about who I like and less about who I don't.
    c) She has about 75 percent of what's needed for a teaching certificate. My take is at 25 she's riding the wave she's on right now, but I wouldn't be surprised at 35 to see her teaching in Texas.
    I'm very happy for Melissa and she should ride that wave that has come her way by chance. Who gets the opportunity to do these things in their lifetime ? Very few. She has plenty of time at 25 or 26 to be a teacher way down the road if she decides to do that, but in life you have to grab opportunities when they come your way, because they may never come again.

Best wishes to Mel. We'll be watching.

Quote Originally Posted by kultainen;3510653;
    I love it! People criticizing Mel's speaking have obviously not heard her after show interviews. She is very well spoken and intelligent and I love to hear her speak and she has a wonderful sense of humor. I can't wait to see her on GMA. Usually I'm not up that early, but if I know she will be on, I'll set my alarm.

It doesn't surprise me that she would work for GMA because I think they were quite taken with her when she and Tony and the other two couples were on there the day after the finale. Robin Roberts told Melissa on the show that she, Diane Sawyer and Chris Cuomo were just saying "how lovely you are and how exciting you are." I suppose they saw something that some on here didn't see, but of course they had met her and only one person on here , that I know of, has actually met her. Those on GMA were obviously impressed, hence the job offer.JMO

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by n4692u;3511121;
    I love it! People criticizing Mel's speaking have obviously not heard her after show interviews. She is very well spoken and intelligent and I love to hear her speak and she has a wonderful sense of humor. I can't wait to see her on GMA. Usually I'm not up that early, but if I know she will be on, I'll set my alarm.

It doesn't surprise me that she would work for GMA because I think they were quite taken with her when she and Tony and the other two couples were on there the day after the finale. Robin Roberts told Melissa on the show that she, Diane Sawyer and Chris Cuomo were just saying "how lovely you are and how exciting you are." I suppose they saw something that some on here didn't see, but of course they had met her and only one person on here , that I know of, has actually met her. Those on GMA were obviously impressed, hence the job offer.JMO
    I have seen interviews with Melissa. Because I like Tony, so I can tolerate her for a few minutes just to listen/drool at him. I didn't think she was that great on GMA. I don't even remember anything about that except that she got a Yankees hat and t-shirt. What would you expect a reporter to say? With few exceptions they always act like they're happy to see whoever they're interviewing. And I don't know if GMA has a say who they get on there for reporters, ABC might have said 'hey, we need someone to fill in this gap'. As for Jason/Molly-if everyone's over it, who cares what they're doing or whether they wind up together? It's not exactly like that show has the best track record of couples staying together anyway. Her fans should be thanking him. Without Jason, Melissa wouldn't be where she's at (and of course Nancy O'Dell injuring herself and ABC in her corner). So her fans can thank him and people like me have a good reason to strangle him. I doubt he envies her, or wants to be with her, but I guess that's coming from my own opinion that I don't envy her. Why would anyone want that for either of them if they weren't going to be happy together, or stay together solely for the lime light. You have to know you pull a stunt like that who will come up with people feeling sorry for you. But he took the risk. I'm willing to bet the seething hate people had for him is gone, with the exception of a core group of fans. I think people have turned their attention and dislike to Jon/Kate and Speidi. Like most reality show contestants, soon it'll be "Melissa who?"

FORT Fanatic

It seems to me that all these so-called celebrities have to do is cause some type of media frenzy to either remain or stay in the spotlight. Given this, Melissa gain spotlight status with the help of Jason's public dumping and TB, I have a feeling we can look for that connection in future headlines when she needs a hit from the spotlight drug.
    I can see it now: Jason and Melissa Find True Love. I cant wait to laugh about it in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by n4692u;3511121;
    I love it! People criticizing Mel's speaking have obviously not heard her after show interviews. She is very well spoken and intelligent and I love to hear her speak and she has a wonderful sense of humor.
    I have heard her, and apparently you and I have very different ideas of what constitute intelligence and humour. To my mind, bland platitudes and giggling are indicative of neither.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Closed Thread