Closed Thread
Page 3 of 375 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Melissa Rycroft & Tony Dovolani - Season 8

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

Re: Melissa Rycraft & Tony Dovolani - Season 8

DWTS needed to find a replacement who could dance with 48 hours of notice. What "real star" could drop everything and commit on such short notice?

Congrats to Melissa and Tony, I will be rooting for you.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by RickiRick;3377793;
    Exactly how much ballet experience does Melissa have?

Combining her ballet with her DCC experience, has there ever been a contestant with more dance experience?

(I'm happy to see Melissa on the show, but I have to wonder if she is "over qualified" relative to the other contestants.)
    Well if Melissa had the month like everyone else it would probably be a slam dunk. But ballroom dancing is not ballet. There are habits Melissa will have to break, and there's the whole getting use to a partner. So the fact that Melissa has less time than others makes this a more even playing field.

FORT Fan

Beautiful....

What a pretty picture. You can definitely see the ballet coming into play in the first one. I had to laugh at Bruno talking about her fluid arm movements and looking like she was a bird in flight.

Quote Originally Posted by RickiRick;3377793;
    Exactly how much ballet experience does Melissa have?

Combining her ballet with her DCC experience, has there ever been a contestant with more dance experience?

(I'm happy to see Melissa on the show, but I have to wonder if she is "over qualified" relative to the other contestants.)
    Mario Lopez, Joey Fatone, Lance Bass, for starters had prior professional dance experience.

FORT Fogey

Here's another one...love this one:

Quote Originally Posted by h2omom611;3377883;
    Mario Lopez, Joey Fatone, Lance Bass, for starters had prior professional dance experience.
    And even though it wasn't "dance" per se you know Kristi Yamaguchi's experience as an ice skater was also a big plus in helping her win.

I think Melissa and Tony did an AWESOME job and love watching Melissa in whatever she does...she's so adorable & genuine...GO MELISSA!!!

Also add to that the Cheetah girl,Mel B even Kristi Yamaguchi,who had to have dancing routines when performing in their careers. Melissa was the perfect choice as last minute replacement.She didn't seek this out, ABC wanted her. It is a golden opportunity no one could hardly refuse.

Re: Nancy O'Dell & Tony Dovolani - Season 8

Quote Originally Posted by Blues Songstres;3336308;
    I don't find Tony that attractive and I'm not crazy about his choreography. Since I like Nancy, I'm hoping he will improve.
    Nancy's voice on Extra grates on my nerves, it is like dragging your nails slowly on a chalk board. Last night her voice was so much better, pleasant to listen to, her regular speaking voice. I don't know, on Extra she is putting more ump into the words when she is talking about a story, gossip.

Kristy Yamaguchi had a few lessons didn't she? I think Melissa had ballet lessons when she was much younger and other than dancing as a Dallas Cowboys cheerleader which is very different, I think her experience is pretty limitied. I mean she will doing the Waltz, Quick Step, Tango, etc.

Closed Thread