Closed Thread

Thread: Melissa Rycroft & Tony Dovolani - Season 8

Re: Melissa Rycroft & Tony Dovolani - Season 8

Quote Originally Posted by pminn1608;3395829;
    Im am a parent as well, grandparent and great grandparent. There was nothing backhanded about the statement. It is fact, Melissa's parents refused to be on camera to meet the "man of her dreams" at one time. Whether rumor or whatever, if she does pursue Playboy there is something wrong with the picture. Nothing stated is fiction, merely stating facts.
    The key word is pursue. Playboy is reportedly pursing Melissa, Melissa is not pursing Playboy. We really don't have all the facts at this point about Playboy. We do know that Melissa's parents did not go along with the "publicness" of TB dating ritual and did not appear on camera for TB. I am glad they didn't because they had good sense and intuition that it wasn't a good decision to do so. To their credit, they have appeared in live camera shots of the DTWS audience and are seen cheering Melissa on. DWTS has been a very successful venture for Melissa. That said, Melissa is an adult and doesn't need her parents or the public's approval to appear in Playboy. Melissa has several bikini clad photos of her displayed over the internet already from DCC and it would not be too surprising if she accepted a Playboy offer as many other stars have done it.
    Last edited by MiniDiva; 03-28-2009 at 02:50 PM.

FORT Fogey

I wish too she would be more honest about her dance experience. We all know about the cheerleading, but couldn't she say what it was like growing up in her mom's studio?

This is all I will say on this: like the old saying, I think from my poli sci days it comes from Trotsky: if you repeat something that has no proof often enough it becomes the truth.

Cheerleading is so far from ballroom dancing it is like apples and bicycles. What they have in common is being able to move to music and learn sequences of steps. That's true with gymnastics, with boy and girl pop bands, with being in a marching band, and with lots of other activities, including aerobics at your local gym. But, you move completely different parts of your body, muscles, in completely different directions and at different angles. You use heel instead of toe as lead; you wear a different height shoe which changes posture, leg allignment, and center of gravity. You rotate your hips and stomach muscles in to out instead of out to in. Your shoulders don't hunch to pop your chest forward; you keep it upright. How and when you bend your knees (if you do). Arm position. Facial expression. I could go on and on and on. It's an open question: is it easier to learn from scratch, or is it easier to adapt certain types of training to something else (to relearn). I don't have the answer, but as someone who has some dance experience,though not ballroom, it was a b..tch to even try to adjust to it. You think you know because you did it one way for so long instinctively, and it is totally wrong.

Mel has the advantage of knowing she can learn choreography, and can move to music. Like many of us who have cheered, she is flexible from Yoga or Pilates, and in good shape. It is how, for example, she and Shawn can avoid injuries. But she covers a lot up with natural dancing that is technically not ballroom. So does everyone else by the way. That's why they are all graded on a curve.

Quote Originally Posted by MiniDiva;3395859;
    The key word is pursue. Playboy is reportedly pursing Melissa, Melissa is not pursing Playboy. We really don't have all the facts at this point about Playboy. We do know that Melissa's parents did not go along with the "publicness" of TB dating ritual and did not appear on camera for TB. I am glad they didn't because they had good sense and intuition that it wasn't a good decision to do so. To their credit, they have appeared in live camera shots of the DTWS audience and are seen cheering Melissa on. DWTS has been a very successful venture for Melissa. That said, Melissa is an adult and doesn't need her parents or the public's approval to appear in Playboy. Melissa has several bikini clad photos of her displayed over the internet already from DCC and it would not be too surprising if she accepted a Playboy offer as many other stars have done it.

Melissa has left very little to the imagination so doing Playboy shouldn't be a big deal.

I, for one will be extremely surprised if she accepts the Playboy offer. Although she has been comfortable enough to pose in a bikini at the request of DCC and wear skimpy costumes for DWTS, it is a big leap to posing nude, and I don't see her as confident/bold enough to want to do that, particularly knowing her history of having had breast reduction surgery at a young age, which can cause someone to have body issues. Now some would do it for the cold hard cash ($500K in this case I heard), particularly if they or their family are somewhat financially strapped, but I understand her parents are pretty well off, so in her case, the money wouldn't be life changing enough to even consider it. JMO.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by nennie;3395879;
    [/B]

Melissa has left very little to the imagination so doing Playboy shouldn't be a big deal.

That just about covers every female who wears what they call today's bikinnis. Therefore, do we apply that same rationale to everybody wearing a bikinni or just Melissa in regards to posing for Playboy?

FORT Fanatic

Wow. I just saw some clips of people doing the Lindy Hop. That is one crazy looking dance; fast, energetic and lots of flips! I hope Tony and Melissa can bring it. I have a feeling Melissa will be doing a lot of flying through the air!!

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I just remembered a pro Lindy Hop (not with our pros, but with a choreographer on the show) who put together a rock and roll bit to demonstrate that seasons group dance. The song was to Fall Out Boy's "Dance, Dance" and it was really impressive. However, sometimes I wish the pros wouldn't hype their dances that much. I know people are going to ask and they have to want to discuss it, but sometimes when they come across as saying it'll be the best thing since sliced bread, it falls flat. At any rate, I predict Melissa goes first this week and will get the first 10's of the season and CA will take back her comments from last week. She'll really need to let her personality come through for this dance.

FORT Fogey

I knew Melissa and Holly will hit it of. Hugh Hefner or playboy. Alot of women have appeared on playboy which can be tasty or sleazy depending on the bigness of the star. Usually established actresses who go on Playboy, add something to themselves and their carears, while wanabes, and not so famous or infamous people take away from themselves and possibe future carear. I will explain. Demi Moore, Jennifer Aniston, Cate Blancht, Kate Winslet etc add a sexiness to who they are. While Holly, orr the person who won America's next top model or American Idol etc tend to take away something from their credibility if they appear in Playboy. Melissa's parents also did not go to any game and never went to watch her as a DCC cheerleader. If it is Melissa's choice to do a Playboy spread. Okay. I hear the money is good. I am glad Melissa's parent are featured cheering her on, on DWTS. This dispes the rumors on the bachelor) that they do not care for her. lI am sure they supoort her. Like all parents there are things you will rather your kid does not do, but you always stand with them. I agree DWTS has been a very successful venture for Melissa. she should be wise about her next move.

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat;3395883;
    I, for one will be extremely surprised if she accepts the Playboy offer. Although she has been comfortable enough to pose in a bikini at the request of DCC and wear skimpy costumes for DWTS, it is a big leap to posing nude, and I don't see her as confident/bold enough to want to do that, particularly knowing her history of having had breast reduction surgery at a young age, which can cause someone to have body issues. Now some would do it for the cold hard cash ($500K in this case I heard), particularly if they or their family are somewhat financially strapped, but I understand her parents are pretty well off, so in her case, the money wouldn't be life changing enough to even consider it. JMO.
    I agree with you partially, but if Hef is actively pursing her with big monetary incentives and promises of a tasteful photo shoot -- anyone in Melissa's position may accept the offer. She is a beautiful woman with a well toned/shaped body which she is proud of. She is used to wearing skimpy dance and cheerleading costumes and has experience posing in a bikini for the camera which "may" put her more at ease. Also, posing in Playboy is not considered taboo and is more accepted in this current society. All that said, I personally hope she doesn't want to appear in Playboy and chooses a different avenue to "showcase her talent". I just want to watch her dance on DWTS and see her have a chance to win the coveted Crystal Ball Trophy.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3395885;
    That just about covers every female who wears what they call today's bikinnis. Therefore, do we apply that same rationale to everybody wearing a bikinni or just Melissa in regards to posing for Playboy?
    Sometimes it is not what one wears, but the way one poses. In playboy, one could be in a negligee but the pose could make it look more sultry than a picture of someone on the beach wearing a bikini. Okay if Mel poses. Like I said the money is good.

Closed Thread