+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: Lil Kim & Derek Hough - Season 8

Re: Lil Kim & Derek Hough - Season 8

I thought Lil Kim and Derek had a great night. I am more and more impressed with Derek - I used to not like him at all but he is such a good instructor and choreographer. Still thought they might have been overscored a bit.

Excellent performance by Lil Kim last night! She did a great PD last night and I especially loved her flattering black dress with blue lining. Her and Derek deserved the top scoring as she has worked hard and it shows. One distraction for me were her facial expressions which were not flattering or complimentry to the PD.

She does pose a threat to the other dancers and she could win this competition so dancers beware, Lil Kim has slipped right to the top!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MiniDiva;3426928;
    Excellent performance by Lil Kim last night! She did a great PD last night and I especially loved her flattering black dress with blue lining. Her and Derek deserved the top scoring as she has worked hard and it shows. One distraction for me were her facial expressions which were not flattering or complimentry to the PD.

She does pose a threat to the other dancers and she could win this competition so dancers beware, Lil Kim has slipped right to the top!
    She had the most technical, most dramatic, and imo best performed dance last night; however, she does not have a the fan vote when you look at the big polls. At this point, a perusual of her fan base as indicated by the big polls, including DI, does not indicate that she can win unless there is major behind the scenes manipulation.

I loved Lil Kim's dress & really enjoyed their dance.
    “When life kicks you, let it kick you forward.” Kay Yow

Quote Originally Posted by SaffronSunrise;3426943;
    I loved Lil Kim's dress & really enjoyed their dance.
    Me, too, Saffron. I thought she looked lovely. I don't care for her past or Derek's constant mugging for the camera, but I sure do love to watch them dance. Lil Kim came into this with 100% and has proven that she's earned her place in with the top dancers. I've come to look forward to her dance each week.
    Every time MF grins, somewhere in the world a unicorn dies.
    I don't think we're in Kansas anymore, Toto.

Quote Originally Posted by Parkhillian;3426887;
    I enjoyed their dance...Derek's choreography is excellent.

This is the first season I have watched DWTS (I am an avid SYTYCD fan), and I find Derek's choreography outstanding, as well as his dancing.

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

Derek is an excellent choreographer and Lil Kim is trying hard. I can respect that. I don't know much about her past, but from what I have heard, I don't like it. My daughter (who is 25) came in while Lil Kim was on and was like, "yuk, I can't stand her". She was familiar with Lil Kim's reputation. Lil Kim is probably doing a great job in cleaning up her image through this show.

FORT fan

During Monday's broadcast after the group dance and right before the last commercial break, when Samantha was interviewing team mambo, did anyone else see Derek Hough fall/faint? No one seems to have mentioned it anywhere. And after the commercial break when they showed all the dancers lined up on the dance floor to recap the night, Derek was there but looked sweaty and not right.

Does anyone know what happened?

I just re-watched. I think he was hamming it up a little. Everyone looked down where he "fell" & laughed, so I don't think it was anything.
    “When life kicks you, let it kick you forward.” Kay Yow

Quote Originally Posted by SaffronSunrise;3428600;
    I just re-watched. I think he was hamming it up a little. Everyone looked down where he "fell" & laughed, so I don't think it was anything.
    I just assumed he was mugging for the camera to divert attention back to himself (again). I love his dancing, but this has driven me nuts all season.
    Every time MF grins, somewhere in the world a unicorn dies.
    I don't think we're in Kansas anymore, Toto.

+ Reply to Thread