+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Lil Kim & Derek Hough - Season 8

Re: Lil Kim & Derek Hough - Season 8

Quote Originally Posted by kiariclois;3421577;
    I don't know what happen with Derek this season. He's usually bring out great choreography... But this season, he's lacking of it. Like in his Jive, I do agree with Lenn... It's lacking of the "JIVE". I thought the jive looks so weak and it looks like freestyle, rather than jive. I do not like how Lil Kim made her step. It's not bouncy enough and sometimes it looks really weak. Jive is high energy, but I don't see that... Basically just like seeing the video being slowed down, for some reason. Basically, ever since first performance, I'm seeing her being real weak... with the move. Not that she's not a good dancer, just that her moves really seems very weak and it also seems like she's being overly careful with her step.
    I think I heard an interview where Derek said Lil Kim helped him choreograph their jive, so that might account for the lack of content. I agree that it looked more like a really good freestyle to me, and hope he sticks to his own choreography in the future. It's an interesting dilemma that the pros have regarding whether to go for more difficult and exact, yet perhaps less exciting content, versus fun but less technically demanding entertainment. I have a feeling that it's hard for many of the stars to really pull off both in the same routine.

I also agree that it looked more like a freestyle than a jive. Ironcat, thanks for the info that Lil' Kim helped Derek with the choreography for that dance. I agree, it's an interesting dilemma the pros have.

I know that Lil Kim helped him with some of the moves... lol. Anyways... Since his debut, Derek has got recognition from the judges on his choreography. I dunno if he has that this season.

FORT Regular

Len said he loved his argentine tango. Great comments from judges almost every week about Derek's choreography, including the jive.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

When it comes to these two the judges have me more confused than any other couple. They do a non jive but get 10's, and CA seems to go on the defense in her blog (at least that was my take). They know their rumba but still give them high scores for it. I will agree Derek doesn't seem as into this season. I still think he's annoying but his mugging is somewhat down from last season and he's kind of taken a backseat. I remember Kim but forget about him. Maybe like his sister he'd rather be concentrating on his music career.

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3419634;
    Interesting how being a fan of Lil Kim is now being argued as conveying moral superiority.
    The quotation referenced above talks about the hypocrisy involved when one criticizes another (the person with the "splinter") when the critic (with the "log in the eye") has done the same bad things to an even worse degree.
    I doubt that many of the people who are troubled by Kim's past have lied to a Grand Jury.
    They don't have close friends who start gunfights in the street.
    Not many have a posse back in prison.
    They don't record songs which describe in vulgar detail their sex acts and glorify violent crime.
    They don't wear pasties on national TV in prime time.
    Lil Kim may have changed - that's fair. But let's also be fair and not call those who are skeptical "hypocrites" for not jumping on her bandwagon.
    Thank you for saying this. I personally don't care about her past. I was not even aware of her until the pasty pictures and never heard of her again until she showed up on DWTS. I didn't know about her being in prison until is was mentioned on the show. I don't know what she was in prison for and I honestly don't care. All I know is that the facial expressions she makes when she is dancing bug the crap out of me. And if I never knew about the pasty picture or being in prison even today I would take one look at her and think she's trashy. She just has that look about her. I'm not saying she is trashy but she definitely looks trashy to me. It's something in her eyes and the way that she carries herself that makes her seem like she has no class. She seems like a sweet person but at the same time it seems like it's an act. Now, I may be totally wrong about her and I sincerely hope I am. But to watch her dance is still annoying to me and I will be glad when she is gone.

ETA: After I reread this I realize that it comes off as harsh and that's not what I meant at all. I'm not sure how to reword it to convey my point. What I'm basically saying is that I'm not prejudging her on anything and the only reason I don't like her is the facial expressions. Yes, I think she comes off as trashy but so did Holly and I was indifferent to her. I was indifferent to Lil Kim as well until I saw the stupid facial expressions. I hope I'm making myself clear that if it weren't for the facial expressions I would have no opinion one way or the other unless she was standing in Melissa or Shawn's way of making it to the end as they are my favorites. Well, actually Chuck is a favorite of mine as well but I don't delude myself that he will be in the F4. I'd be thrilled if he was but unless Lil Kim really goes downhill and Chuck keeps improving like he has been the last couple of weeks Chuck will only be F5 at best.
    Last edited by stacerace; 04-24-2009 at 01:17 AM. Reason: clarification
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

on corky ballas tweets this week, he said that lil kim sat in with the ballas hough band (or hough ballas band, forgot which way it is) when the band performed at the grove in LA recently. according to the posting and video, most of this seasons celebs/pros were there along with a bunch of past celebs (lance bass intro'd the band, for instance) and many others. lil kim did 'it's all about the benjamins' with the band. you can find the video somewhere on the net...probably on the ballas hough band's myspace page...

FORT Fogey

It's nice that they all become so close and include each other in things off the show.

it sure doesn't hurt derek & marks band to have lil kim sit in with them...

and yes, i think they all form lasting friendships. i think it's one of the coolest things about dwts. no matter what happens, everyone is really thrilled to be a part of it and enjoys it all.

it's been a wild ride! Parkhillian's Avatar

I enjoyed their dance...Derek's choreography is excellent.

+ Reply to Thread