+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 30 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Lil Kim & Derek Hough - Season 8

FORT Fogey

Re: Lil Kim & Derek Hough - Season 8

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3412990;
    If we're talking judging for a professional competition, absolutely. But I've seen them give too many 10s over the seasons to dances that I considered to be coma inducing, as did many of the viewers who posted puzzled commentaries. So if they're going to laud boring dances for their technical perfection, I'm okay with them lauding less technically accurate but far more exciting dances, dances that are watchable and memorable, as well.

You said that so well.

My own criterion for a great dance is if I can still get pleasure from just thinking about the beauty/excitement/etc of it hours or even a day or two later.

Kim/Derek's dance last night definitely fills that criterion.

(Gilles does too)

My criterion for an excellent dance while the dance is going on is if I smile all the way through it.

Just the way my own mind/experience wih dance works.

FORT Fogey

The 10s were too high given the mistakes but it was an exciting routine. Derek really held that dance together and his choreography was excellent.

FORT Fogey

Lil'Kim and Derek were a dream. I watched it again and it still captivates me. It had all the essence of the jive and they really enjoyed dancing it. Their enjoyment even touched me. I was smiling throughout. The tens. If this is the only critism then, not bad. Means everyone enjoyed the dance. It is entertainment afterall. It is not only about bringing fans around. The dances must be enjoyable or the audience may not return the next season when their fan is not on the show. Personally, I beleve the matter of thousands of Melissa fans is a hype. the hype generates fans and thus miore hype - like a buble waiting to burst. tptb then can capitalize on it. Lil'Kim and Derek both have existing fan base who love them for their artistic creations. This is a fan base on something solid and proved not hype. These two totally deserve their score and more. They are having fun.

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

Derek is an amazing choreographer! That dance they did last night was the most entertaining dance I have ever seen on this show! I hope he can keep it up!

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David;3412960;
    When watching the opening video for Lil Kim and Derek I noticed, for the first time, that our little boy Derek has grown into a man. Although I liked the fresh faced kid, I have to say, growing up is working for him.
    He reminds me of Peter Cook, Christie Brinkley's ex-husband.

That said, he does seem to be attuned to his student / star and what choreography will best showcase her progress.

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3412958;
    I enjoyed them, but definitely felt they were overscored. She missed some steps and was off in certain sections. I did keep expecting her to fall out of the costume and saw on the late news that she had. What is up with the costumes this season? They just keep getting tackier and tackier.
    I was so distracted by her "girls" bouncing around that I'm not sure I noticed her footwork that much, except to wonder where the jive steps were. I didn't realize there had been a wardrobe malfunction. No surprise.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by moflan;3415478;
    I was so distracted by her "girls" bouncing around that I'm not sure I noticed her footwork that much, except to wonder where the jive steps were. I didn't realize there had been a wardrobe malfunction. No surprise.
    This "wardrobe malfunction" seems to be somewhat of a signature card for her.
    I looked at her costume last night and couldn't see what the problem had been. While the top was cut out in the middle to show cleavage, the top didn't appear to be insubstantial and flimsy enough to have had a break out occur.
    Is this - or the hint of it - going to become part of her act?

Her pasty was showing - that was the malfunction - they even made a joke of it back stage - she jumped and jived so much - one of her girls wiggled up to high
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Capegal;3415487;
    Her pasty was showing - that was the malfunction - they even made a joke of it back stage - she jumped and jived so much - one of her girls wiggled up to high
    Derek cracked a joke about the pastie when they were talking about costumes for next week. It was cute.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3415484;
    This "wardrobe malfunction" seems to be somewhat of a signature card for her.
    I looked at her costume last night and couldn't see what the problem had been. While the top was cut out in the middle to show cleavage, the top didn't appear to be insubstantial and flimsy enough to have had a break out occur.
    Is this - or the hint of it - going to become part of her act?
    I thought the same thing. That's two shows she's had problems with a pastie showing. I'm a woman and I can tell (in my bathing suit) when I start 'ridin high'. After her first dance when Derek tried to strategically place his arm over her to shield her from the camera and she acted like she didn't know what was going on I had to wonder... Then after this week both pasties were peaking out at times and you know she had to feel something. Hey whatever--- fames fame. It worked for Janet Jackson. I know Lil' Kim is known for showing her pasties, but this seems like a family program to me and is just offensive. Cute or not, her past reputation made me question why she was on the show in the first place.

+ Reply to Thread