+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Lil Kim & Derek Hough - Season 8

Re: Lil Kim & Derek Hough - Season 8

Just watched her and Derek reprise their tango on Ellen, and I honestly don't see how their performance wasn't equal to or better than Gilles and Cheryl's. I hope her less than wholesome image doesn't hurt her with the viewers. She actually comes across as a sweetheart IMO.

Also, it was mentioned on Ellen that she is only the second "rapper" to do the show, the first being Master P. She has obviously redeemed the genre!

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat;3402192;
    Just watched her and Derek reprise their tango on Ellen, and I honestly don't see how their performance wasn't equal to or better than Gilles and Cheryl's. I hope her less than wholesome image doesn't hurt her with the viewers. She actually comes across as a sweetheart IMO.

Also, it was mentioned on Ellen that she is only the second "rapper" to do the show, the first being Master P. She has obviously redeemed the genre!
    That's quite a contrast! I think even Woz made him look good.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat;3402192;

After Master P they were probably too scared to get another rapper on the show. I don't think anyone will ever dethrone him in the dance and attitude department. Even those with the worst case of 2 left feet syndrome can look like a pro compared to him.

FORT Fogey

Jus watched Lil'Kim and Derek do this weeks interview backstage. These two really look alike.

FORT Fogey

Derek said Lil'Kim had musicality, and she is a performer, I guess, what I called rhthym is musicality. You are able to listen to a song and express yourself through it. Gilles, though not into music, also has it. It is the kind of thing you feel the flow of musin deep in your being and flow from it. Of cos you add or flow in the necessary steps. This is more beautiful to watch that following only a practised step without a step coming from the feeling of the music. Go Girl

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3402261;
    After Master P they were probably too scared to get another rapper on the show. I don't think anyone will ever dethrone him in the dance and attitude department. Even those with the worst case of 2 left feet syndrome can look like a pro compared to him.
    LOL, so true! While the Woz wasn't a good dancer, he at least had a great attitude and tried.

FORT Fogey

Just watched a video on youtube with Lil'Kim, Paris Hilton was supporting Lil'Kim. type Lil'Kim's world TV. It is reall cool.

Quote Originally Posted by FableChild;3398639;
    I'm not really sure I think the viewers love football players as much as they love a certain type of football player, a football player who can deliver a believable performance (which is basically the only type the show has had so far), i.e., one that shows a lot of personality, has some sense of rhythm and exudes fun on the dance floor. Lawrence has none of these, and has never once turned my head for a second look, but I've enjoyed all of the other NFLers to date. I don't see Lawrence going that far to be honest.

I'm not sure of Lil Kim's fan base, but if she keeps her scores up, I think she can possibly outlast him.
    I guess I remember several huge uncoordinated football players being kept around. This is not to put that one former quarterback (horrible w/names) who won in that category, but I just think the general public finds that entertaining to watch. I don't, but apparently many who vote do. L'il Kim is earning her spot, but she's probably not the best dancer, nor the most entertaining to the voters.

Quote Originally Posted by Living;3403246;
    Just watched a video on youtube with Lil'Kim, Paris Hilton was supporting Lil'Kim. type Lil'Kim's world TV. It is reall cool.

well, that is pretty much the kiss of death, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by girlsmom;3404455;
    I guess I remember several huge uncoordinated football players being kept around. This is not to put that one former quarterback (horrible w/names) who won in that category, but I just think the general public finds that entertaining to watch. I don't, but apparently many who vote do. L'il Kim is earning her spot, but she's probably not the best dancer, nor the most entertaining to the voters.
    I was actually very surprised at how she has transformed since the 1st show - she is a contender as far as I am concerned - to be reckoned with - and yes - she IS earning her spot
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

+ Reply to Thread