+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: 11/17 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 11/17 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Lance and Lacy were the only ones I truly enjoyed, secondly was Warren/Kym. I love the couples who look like they are enjoying themselves, and are giving it their all no matter how good they are. Julianne looked like she phoned it in. Maybe not 100% yet, but not her best stuff for sure. Brooke looks so plastic to me from her face to her movements. I swear her legs and face do not move right, and Derek is just driving me bananas. He seemed less nuts when he was not dating Shannon, now he is too hyper for my taste.

I would love to see a Lance/Warren final with either winning. I love both of their smiles and enthusiasm, and I love how Lacy and Kym get along with them and seem to be having a great time.

FORT Fogey

As much as I usually can't stand her, I have to give Julianne credit (provided she came up with it) for the artistic aspects of their paso. I don't think the music worked, which took away from it. But it was going to be very difficult to come up with a traditional paso for those two -- the needed sexual tension would have just not worked. So to turn it around into a drill sargent interpretation instead was clever.

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

I enjoy someone that looks like they're enjoying themselves. Brooke did not enjoy herself. Cody was "acting" like what he thought a manly-man would be like on the paso. Warren pretty much was enjoying himself, but at times was a little forced to me. Lance went all out and beyond last night. My son, who had stopped over and doesn't watch the show, thought Lance was the best last night. I don't know what that means for the voting, but the whole night was a little off. I think it will all come down to the voting and who has the biggest bloc of voters. The best person may not necessarily be the winner.

Quote Originally Posted by tango7;3236155;
    I noticed a wierd look on Julianne's face at signoff. I think they are going tomorrow, and even though I adore her I think she should have stayed off rest of season. Obviously doctor cleared her, but, still . . .
    She didn't look well all night. She was bright and shining when performing and then seemed tired and pained during the judges comments, interviews, etc. I suspect that it's been quite hard on her this week.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

FORT Fogey

The costuming on Julianne and Cody was magnifigant! I usually do not like military garb but that dress was stunning. The dance was so very different that I loved it. I confess to watching most of this show on FF. Ballroom dancing bores me to tears most of the time. When the costumes are good they are spectacular. Only a few cheezy clunkers this season. They must has hired a new team.

Whoever did Lacy's make up should be shot. Blue eyeshadow has never been a good idea and never will be, not even on the stage.

Warren cannot dance well at all. The judges think he is entertaining. Really? Not so much.

I am rooting for Lance or Cody as much as I root in this show.

FORT Fogey

(I saw the ad for "The Batchelor" too.

Is there a thread here somewhere for the new show?)

The Dancing show was just weird for me--Brooke not doing well? Lance/Lacey doing very well?

Are we in the End Times now?

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3235988;
    Brooke and Derek: I may be the only person with this problem...when Derek is dancing with Brooke, I find it hard not to watch him. I didn't think she was as good as she normally is; maybe he had too much suit? That suit was definitely dancing! He is such a strong performer.
    Yes, Brooke was not as good as she normally is. Derek is great, yes, but if his performance out does Brooke's, whose fault is that? He is the choreographer not her. He cannot expect to dance great and the judges not notice that she isn't or cannot keep up with him.

Quote Originally Posted by canuckinchile;3236004;
    Yeah, I didn't like that much. There was nothing Spanish about that at all.
    Cody and Julianne, agree.............not good.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;3236362;
    Finished watching the whole show and my first comment is...

*SQUEE!* Christian Perry! I love him. He's so awesome and I really liked him on Ballroom Bootcamp on TLC. Anybody remember that?

Brooke: Technically perfect, seriously on par with a pro. However, something is missing from her dances as everybody has pointed out. Perfection is boring, especially when there is no joy in the dance and you can see how hard she is trying. If that makes sense? She's pushing so hard and being pushed so hard that she doesn't seem to be having fun anymore.

Cody: Awww... that was so bad. Bless his heart and Julianne's. I'd still like to see him stay over Brooke but not likely going to happen. I really love watching him dance, no matter how bad it is because he makes it so clear how much he enjoys dancing and how grateful he is to still be in it.

Warren: I went from not liking him due to his NFL rep to liking him and now I'm sliding back towards not liking him. Not sure where it started going south for me but I'm not as big of a fan as I was before. I think it started with the whole "these ain't my shoes" thing where his dance was off because he was given shoes that were too small. I think at that point it stopped being just fun for him and started being more of a competition and that's when he lost what made it so special watching him. Plus he just looks so tired! What the heck were they dancing? That looked NOTHING like what Christian danced before them. In spite of all this, he is my second favorite of those left.

Lance: WOW WOW WOW that was amazing! Everything about it felt spot on, he even had the bent over posture, the high kicks and to be able to keep going when he lost his shoe without missing a beat? Amazing! By far my favorite (of the ones left) and I want to see what he does for his free style. I am so happy for him that he finally started getting the judges support. He's come so far and improved so much that I'm rooting for him to win it all. I know that on this forum it's a very unpopular opinion but I like Lacey and hope she comes back next season. I can appreciate what she's done with Lance and how far she's managed to bring him in such a short amount of time. Plus I just like her routines. For not having the ballroom experience (the same type.. I still think she's more than qualified) as the other pros, she manages to put together routines that I feel are far superior to what alot of the others are doing. Plus I just love an underdog and that huge perverse streak in me tends to pull for those that are the most disliked if I can't see the reason why (I got the Master P dislike and completely agreed with that!).

You are not alone here! I have been quietly rooting for Lance and Lacey all season. I have had my doubts about Lacey. I can see that she does not have the same level of ballroom training as the other dance pros. They have been struggling with inconsistency every week. But for the first time, they really got it together. It was great to see Lance dancing so well. I knew he had it in him. I have questioned some of Lacey's choreography at times, but I have to say that last night she had the two best choreographed dances of them all. She managed to bring out their edginess and unique style, while staying true to the elements of each dance. That jitterbug just made me want to get up and dance myself. The sheer exuberance and energy was amazing.

It would have been nice to see Len give them a 10 for their efforts, but his bias is what it is. He can't take away from the fact that they won the night. I have to say that Lacey really proved that she deserves to be here. She outdid all the other dance pros. Good for her! I don't care whether or not she comes back, I am just concentrating on the here and now.

I am not sure that anyone has a lock on this. Brooke has been the frontrunner all along, but Lance is coming on strong. I also have to say that I have been a little disenchanted with Warren lately. I think he has lost a little of that fun and charm that he had. It is feeling a little forced with him now. I also find it hard to ignore his poor technique. I do think he is still very entertaining, but I do think decent technique is important. It's funny that Len can ignore his lack of technique, but when it comes to Lance, he has been very unforgiving.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Nativenewyorker;3236638;
    I am not sure that anyone has a lock on this. Brooke has been the frontrunner all along, but Lance is coming on strong. I also have to say that I have been a little disenchanted with Warren lately. I think he has lost a little of that fun and charm that he had. It is feeling a little forced with him now. I also find it hard to ignore his poor technique. I do think he is still very entertaining, but I do think decent technique is important. It's funny that Len can ignore his lack of technique, but when it comes to Lance, he has been very unforgiving.
    I think last night proved no one has a lock on it, which is why I can't say Cody being safe and anyone else going home would be a shock. If Brooke hadn't been the front runner every week except two I wouldn't have even been surprised at her fall from grace last night. But she took it well, so I give her credit there. Warren I think is suffering from fatigue, but for me he's still the most enjoyable to watch. And I agree with another poster who said they weren't a fan of his because of his NFL rep, and that was the reason I didn't think I'd get behind him.

And as for tonight's show, I'm really excited that Louis and Anna will be back performing I hope that's a sign both will be back next season. I've missed Anna.

+ Reply to Thread