+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 11/05 Show Discussion **spoilers**

Re: 11/05 Show Discussion **spoilers**

Solo dances!? That's ridiculous. I want to see partners!

I had a feeling that it would be Susan this week. Was sort of surprised that Cody was bottom two until I thought about the other competition.

Thanks goodness Susan left before any of the others. If she wants to continue with dance lessons, my guess is that she can afford them. Also, that way she can schedule them around her career.

What does Warren do that makes time an issue? I didn't realize that he had a job, since they only mention him being a ex-Super Bowl winner. Some of his dancing looks as though he hasn't practiced enough. Seriously Warren, find shoes that fit. If you can't afford them, charge the show.

Is it my imagination or are the "stars" complaining more this season than most? There is nothing that annoys me more than hearing someone say that they didn't expect it to be so hard. How many seasons of shows could they refer to to catch a frickin clue.

Unklescott, I pictured you older than your avatar seems to indicate.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Not your imagination dberk, the stars seem more whiny this season than normal. I agree with what someone said in another thread, even the pros don't seem like they're having fun. Since people like Edyta, Cheryl, Kym, Tony, and Karina have been going at this for 6, 7, 8 seasons in a row, maybe it's finally starting to take it's toll. That's why, while I'd hate to lose my favorites even for a season, maybe it'd be better to rotate them out. Of course they're pros so they should be used to the demands and injuries.

I think Lance/Lacey are the worst whiners of all. I was about heartbroken, again, when poor Edyta had to wind up in the bottom 2. I'm not sure exactly what these solo dances are, but it might have been better this week with Lucci still in it rather than have her drag L/L and C/E down with her. This week reminded me so much of the DWTS I've come to love, minus the group performances being scored; I wonder if maybe the front runners really aren't front runners with the viewers and they're trying to come up with ways to make someone else seem weaker. They should just go back to two dances and leave it at that. If Julianne doesn't return, I really worry Cody will be the next to go. If that's the case, I think the producers are aiming for a Warren/Kym, Brooke/Derek, Lance/Lacey finale (and somehow I think they'll make it into a big shocker that Brooke/Derek won in the end). If Julianne returns, I'm still betting on the whole brother vs sister "rivalry" in the end. Then there's Maurice, the next weakest link, imo. Who knows where he'll end up.

Watching the result show right now.
    Glad that Warren and Maurice are safe.
    Please let Susan be the one to go , or Cody. Who else do we have? O Lance would be nice too.

Ah Maks!!!!!!!!!! Glad to see him. love his new hair.

The [mod edit] thing is we all know who is going to win. Brooke and Derek. (I do not like Derek) it is not really thrilling. I wonder what the judges are going to do cause they really want it so that it looks like there is a battle.
    Going to give one pair high marks. Will it be Lance who will be in the final with Brooke?

Okay Susan is a goner. Good.
    Last edited by Marleybone; 11-06-2008 at 12:20 PM.

FORT Fogey

Susan did not want to let go of that mic!! Good job, Samantha, you held on tightly. After Susan's looooooooong thank you to her adoring fans, Tom had to hurry things; even stated they were out of time. What an ego this woman has!

Karalott I've said in another thread (as have others) that the pros seem sad and beaten this season and that changing them out more frequently would be a good thing.

I've only gotten to watch to Lionel's second song, ran out of time and had to get going to work. I was a little disappointed in Dave Scott's routine, I expected more from him after watching him on SYTYCD and the stuff he's done there. He is the only hip hop choreographer that I usually like. It was good but not as good as I expected.

I almost didn't watch! I would have been so mad at myself if I had missed Edyta/Alec. They are so smoking hot and it was just beautiful, especially the very end with the long look into each others eyes. My only complaint was that I didn't know which one to watch!

Dance Central...hmmmm......I usually like it but they were trying too hard. ALOT of the jokes fell flat and were borderline mean. Again.....everything seems different this season. Meaner, sadder, tired.

Maxs and Tony....yum yum yum and awesome! Had a hard time getting past the haircut but this was one of the few routines where I barely noticed the female pros. Usually they stand out so much more than the males that they MAKE you look at them.

YAY for Lucci going. Cody or Maurice will be next. As much as I like both of them, I never expected them to outlast Brooke, Warren, Lance. I'd love to see the real numbers, who has been the main vote getter? I have this odd feeling its L/L and that's why they are so hard on them because they want it to be Warren or Brooke. But I could be wrong, who knows? LOL! I just like conspiracies hehehe.

Overall, its been a pretty good week on DWTS! Other than that stupid team dance that was so lopsided and unfair.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;3229509;
    Karalott I've said in another thread (as have others) that the pros seem sad and beaten this season and that changing them out more frequently would be a good thing.
    Maks even said taking a season off really helped him and that he had injuries which he was able to deal with and take care of them. Now they'll have the tour, and then season 8 not long after that gets done. I think Lacey will likely be back next season, Julianne won't, and Jonathan/Anna both said they only wanted to take one season off and then return. Plus Ashly and Louis have expressed interest in returning. And I'd love to see Fabian back. I also wonder if this season basically being Kristi 2.0, except it's Brooke her in spot, just gets to everyone else feeling like there's no way they can win over her.

Dance Central...hmmmm......I usually like it but they were trying too hard. ALOT of the jokes fell flat and were borderline mean. Again.....everything seems different this season. Meaner, sadder, tired.
    I enjoyed DC but not as much as usual. I think they didn't have as much to work with and were grasping at straws.

YAY for Lucci going. Cody or Maurice will be next. As much as I like both of them, I never expected them to outlast Brooke, Warren, Lance. I'd love to see the real numbers, who has been the main vote getter? I have this odd feeling its L/L and that's why they are so hard on them because they want it to be Warren or Brooke. But I could be wrong, who knows? LOL! I just like conspiracies hehehe.
    Some people on other sites speculate Brooke/Derek may not be doing as well and that's why the judges constantly score them high and won't criticize them because the show wants them to stay on. Personally I think that would backfire. Sadly, with Cody dancing with Edyta next week, I think he may be gone I think the producers would want Maurice in the final 4, because that would likely ensure them their final 3 of Warren/Brooke/Lance. Since I think they're aiming for a non athlete to win, it'll probably be a Brooke/Lance final 2 or Brooke/Warren with Warren coming in 2nd.

Haven't seen the show, yet, but thank GOD Susan is outta there! And thank GOD there's the FoRT to keep me on top of things!

I'm truly interested in the Cody/Edyta dynamic. We all know both Julianne and Edyta can really saw some wood. But as dancers, they've got to be very different from each other, move differently, teach differently, etc. That's GOT to have an upheaval/reversal effect on Cody's dancing, having to get used to another partner, even if only for a short while, I would think.

I wonder how things would pan out if, one season, they switched up pros and stars every dance, or every few dances, or so?

Now THAT would be REEEEEEEAAAAALLLLLLLY interesting!
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

I really loved seeing Edyta and Alec together. They have this smoking chemistry together that is just like no other couple. The fact that they are both so beautiful to look at, certainly doesn't hurt.

I also did not like Dance Center. The jokes were lame and it did seem as though they were trying way too hard. If you have to do that, then you are in trouble.

I am relieved that Susan is gone. It was definitely her time. At least now we have the people who deserve to be there, no stinkers.

I think it has to hard for Cody to adjust to a new partner. It's nothing against Edyta. She is just as talented as Julianne, but I think that it's natural to form a bond and level of comfort and trust with your partner after so many weeks. From the beginning, Cody and Julianne were a terrific match. I don't think the chemistry is the same with Edyta. I am concerned that he may be the next to go, but I am really glad that he wasn't penalized the their low scoring group dance. I didn't want to see him go for that. Susan was the weakest link and, if anyone had to be penalized, it rightly should have been her.

I am thinking it will be Lance/Lacey, Warren/Kym and Brooke/Derek as the final three.

Good heavens, how could I possibly forget Maks in my comments about the results show? I didn't recognize him at first, but I sure knew that body and those dance moves! I don't like the hair and beard. But I love watching him and wish that he was still on the show.

I was amazed at Tony's dancing. I guess it shows what he can do when he doesn't have to tiptoe around his partner. He always seems to get the older women. Maybe it's time for him to have another Stacy Keibler. I have seen him dance on PBS's Ballroom Dancing competition and he is unbelievable!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast