+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920

Thread: 11/03 Show Discussion **spoilers**

Re: 11/03 Show Discussion **spoilers**

Okay as always I am much later able to watch this:

I was looking for the next episode but it seems there is still none?

Warren. I like the guy and I am very pissed off they gave Susan such high marks and Warren only 21.
    Susans dance was so horrible. She is still dancing in a box, her steps have no power and it looks so weird. her tiny body with the big head. (because of her hair? dancing with her partner. I thought it was terrible. The judges are really terrible this season, overscoring.

Now we have Maurice. Wow he looks so sad!

I like his first steps. I do agree with someone who said he is not using his arms in the right way. He also should try to stand up straighter but his hip action was very good.
    Oh he was injured? You could tell but I did like it. Len: His best dance?
    Even though I really like Maurcie I do think the judges are overscoring. But this is the first time they do that with him and they alwasy do that with boring doll Susan.
    Wow the judges are very nice?

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyDutchWoman;3228783;
    Okay as always I am much later able to watch this:

I was looking for the next episode but it seems there is still none?
    I'm usually a couple of days late watching too. Tom said at the very end that the results show would be on Wed due to the election coverage.

I'm very worried that their over scoring of Susan and under scoring of Cody/Warren will result in one of them going home.

Anybody else catch Lacey's comment? "Welcome back Len!" as she was heading away from Tom with Lance? I think her crying and moodiness isn't necessarily coming from Lance but more so from constantly butting her head against Len and his obvious bias against her. She can't seem to be able to do anything right in his eyes.

Anyways.... I hated the team dance. Thought it was very unfair in the way it was set up and judged.

This season is so painful to watch. Nobody looks like they are having a good time. They all look so sad and worn out. I think they need to get a whole new slew of judges and pros next season to revive the show. Or least a large percentage should be new.

Well this show is boring.
    Again they give Brooke the highest score and we all know she is going to win this season.

I do not have any favorites right now. This season I like Strictly better. It is more open.

I despise Lacey. What a nasty piece of work. Len!!

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I don't think Warren has any worries of going home. Much like Maurice, that team dance likely helped him. And I really hope they don't pick team paso for the encore dance. They made team cha cha suffer enough, why rub it in their faces anymore? Cody on the other hand I do worry about.

I'm hoping it's Brooke/Derek shockingly sent home, but I know that's too much to hope for.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyDutchWoman;3228794;
    Well this show is boring.
    Again they give Brooke the highest score and we all know she is going to win this season.

I do not have any favorites right now. This season I like Strictly better. It is more open.

I despise Lacey. What a nasty piece of work. Len!!
    Well, I'm the opposite - I love Lacey and I particularly loved the rumba she and Lance did. It was my favourite dance of the evening and Len's marking seemed totally ridiculous. What is the problem with using a park bench? Other performers have used props in their dances in the past and this one was only used as a place to start and a place to end.
    Last edited by guide54; 11-05-2008 at 12:45 PM. Reason: typing error

I feel like I'm such the minority and like I almost have to whisper it in shame or something..... but I like Lacey too. Yes, she was getting on my nerves towards the end of SYTYCD but I still liked her and still do. I thought the rumba was beautiful and I got it and why she went barefoot (I think it's all that SYTYCD training, etc that she went through), I understood where she was coming from with it. I'm just tired of Len and his nasty comments.

I really like Brooke, liked her before she even came on due to her Rockstar affiliation but lately? She and Derek have been boring me. Perfection is only exciting for so long, or something like that.

The show was pretty boring for me on Monday, especially when they, once again, overpraised Susan. Sorry, she may be a nice lady, but she is just too painful to watch. I didn't watch the team dances so I have no idea how they performed. Based on the individual ones, I would say that if anybody but Susan gets the boot, I will not be a happy camper.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;3228971;
    I feel like I'm such the minority and like I almost have to whisper it in shame or something..... but I like Lacey too.
    I like her too. I missed that season of SYTYCD.

Quote Originally Posted by DancingDad;3228327;
    I checked Dial Idol, and it looks like the one that could be in real jeopardy is Susan.

Looks like Cody got the sympathy vote for Julianne (not to mention the pull that Edyta has) so I think he's OK. I hope he gets to stick around long enough to work with Julianne again. It would be a real bummer if he got booted while she was sick. I don't know if he can contend for the title as I've only seen him do one really good dance.

The other surprise on Dial Idol was that Brooke was the second lowest ranking vote getter. We may have the Sabrina Bryan factor happening again - people voting to save instead of voting for the best dancer. I think she's OK this week because of her extremely high judges scores.

I agree with everyone about something being missing from the Brooke / Derek partnership. There doesn't seem to be that pizzaz that we've seen in past winning partnerships. I can't hlp wondering if that is because Brooke considers Derek to be a bit of an immature kid. His camera mugging this season is second only to Cloris's.

I hope Warren comes back stronger next week. I really thought he would be a major contender for a while, but he is now looking like he is in the same league as Maurice. They both are hot and cold. To win this thing you need to be consistently good.

If I had to pick a final two right now I would go with Lance / Lacey and Brooke / Derek. In spite of Len's disdain for Lacey this couple is showing the most improvement for me.

You took the words right out of my mouth! Your comments in bold echo my sentiments perfectly. In fact, you came on here and said it before I did. I happen to think that at THIS point in time, Lance is the second best dancer to Brooke. I happened to love their rumba. I am making an effort to remain neutral regarding Lacey. This is the first time I have ever seen her. There are things I like about her, like her edgy choreography and risk-taking, and things I don't like about her, like the fact that she appears to not have the level of training of the other pros and sometimes a little attitude.

I feel that Lance is dancing with much more confidence. I think the jive was his breakout dance and did a lot to give him a boost. Whether or not Lacey returns next season, I prefer to judge them on what they are doing right now. I will wait until the end of the season to discuss whether or not it was a good idea to have her on the show. At face value, I think she and Lance really have great chemistry together.

I think these two have injected some badly needed fun and life into a lackluster season. I am also hoping that the Warren I have come to love, returns next week.

I also have noticed that there seems to be less of a fun and happy atmosphere among the celebrities this season. I am not loving the changes and gimmicks the show is adding. The format of this show has stood for six seasons, and I don't think one boring season with Kristi is reason to start throwing in these new dances, group dances and now next week's solo dances.

+ Reply to Thread