+ Reply to Thread

Thread: DWTS Tour

FORT Newbie

DWTS Tour

Any scoop on the upcoming DWTS Tour? I have found dates but not who's dancing.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: DWTS Tour

In the past I don't think they've announced who's participating until after the show is over. I know Edyta and Alec expressed interest in doing it if there was one.

Okay, Alec/Edyta both confirmed they're doing the tour, and apparently so have Lance/Lacey.

Sorry for the triple post, but here's whose been announced for the winter tour:

Lance, Toni Lead Dancing's New Tour - Yahoo! News

Lance, Toni Lead Dancing's New Tour

Now might be a good time to hire a traveling medic (or seven) for the Dancing With the Stars roadie crew.

The stars and pros of the ABC juggernaut are gearing up to hit the streets for their fourth national outing, with the 38-city Dancing With the Stars—The Tour set to kick off in San Diego Dec. 17.

Contenders from current and previous seasons are on board, including Lance Bass and Toni Braxton, no strangers to arena-sized treks, Maurice Greene and Marlee Matlin.

It's unclear if more stars will be added to the lineup, but notably absent is this season's breakout water-cooler star, for better or worse, Cloris Leachman. Fortunately for would-be ticket holders, and thanks primarily to Quentin Tarantino, she is otherwise professionally engaged.

Joining the celebs are some of the most popular pro dancers, including dynamic duo Mark Ballas and Derek Hough, who will no doubt be simultaneously recording their forthcoming debut album while on the road, Maksim Chmerkovskiy, Kym Johnson, Lacey Schwimmer, who this year is partnered with Bass, Karina Smirnoff and Fabian Sanchez.

The traveling trotters will hot-step their way through Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Dallas, Washington, D.C., Toronto, Nashville and Tampa, before wrapping up the tour in Philadelphia on Feb. 8…just in time to get in a little rest before the spring installment of Dancing With the Stars kicks off.

Tickets for the tour will go on sale Nov. 10 and are available through DancingWithTheStarsOnTour.com.

FORT Regular

No Kristi? She said she was interested last season. I am glad to see Fabian is on the tour. I think he is funny and liked him with Marlee.

FORT Newbie

There was the part on Tuesdays show that had the pros dance to Brad Paisleys, that was used as a tour preview, right?

That was supposed to be a preview for the tour, including some of the dancers going on it. Cheryl has also signed on.

I saw a video interview with Edyta and Marlee talking about the tour, and I thought it was cute that Marlee said she asked the producers when she was voted off the show if they'd consider her for the tour because she wasn't done dancing.

I hope Fabian going on tour means he'll be back next season.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Link Here

Dancing with the Stars pro Mark Ballas suffered a groin injury and will have to sit out “a couple of weeks” to heal, he announced on Saturday night in Los Angeles.

Ballas, who won the season six DWTS mirror ball trophy with Olympic skating champion Kristi Yamaguchi last May, is on tour with the show. He grimaced in pain as he apologized to the Staples Center crowd for not being able to give his all, though he did manage a spirited performance with Yamaguchi as well as a crowd-pleasing, high-energy hip-hop routine with fellow pros Lacey Schwimmer and Derek Hough.

Ballas and Hough recently completed their first CD as Ballas Hough Band for Hollywood records. Both dancers anticipate returning to DWTS for its eighth season, which kicks off on ABC on March 9.
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

+ Reply to Thread