+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Misty May-Treanor - Season 7

Re: Misty May-Treanor - Season 7

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyDutchWoman;3207289;
    No That is true. Sometimes she comes across as a bit weird. I don't know why but there is something not right. I loved there dance though.
    Maybe she isn't comfortable with Maks? Maks loves to joke and I am not sure if she is on the same level, humour wise.
    I hope they will get a bit more chemistry
    Actually - and this comes from slavishly watching the Olympics coverage - Misty is said to be somewhat of a goofy personality who likes to joke around and have fun oft the court. But when it comes to playing ball, she's very driven and goal oriented.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

I am really rooting for her (more so I could see Maks ) I wish she would let herself go and just have fun. connect with the audience or she may be saying goodbye soon
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie;3208284;
    I am really rooting for her (more so I could see Maks ) I wish she would let herself go and just have fun. connect with the audience or she may be saying goodbye soon
    She also needs to go and beat the stuffing out of the wardrobe department. They've dressed her in EXACTLY the wrong stuff every time. All one needs to do to see she's always not the totally mannish looking figure she seems to be from how she's dressed on this show is look at some photos like this one:

Or even the slightly tarted up Men's mag pictures like this one:

The difference is that unlike the HORRIBLE DWTS outfits, you can see her actual body in those shots and not just her frame--which admittedly IS mannish. Which is why when you can't actually SEE her legs, stomach and backside, she comes off looking.... not so good. There have GOT to be outfits they can give her that are so stupidly frilly, that don't cover her whole mid-section or have stupid fabric stripes on one side or the other, etc. Show her WAIST for pity's sake. Otherwise all people are starting at are those big shoulders.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie;3208284;
    I remember thinking the same thing about Laila initially. Given that Maks made a comment last week about being in the middle "where we want to be" a big part of me thinks that some of that is very intentional on Maks' part. I really think that early on, he teaches a partner enough to do well, but not blow anyone away. After the obvious weak links are weeded out and things start getting serious, he really pushes more on the technical aspects of dance and performance. That way, instead of being someone like a Brooke who starts out strong so the audience expects it week after week -- and thinks its a weak performance if there's one where they're just average - when the competition gets tougher, people will be blown away thinking "wow! This woman is GOOD".

To illustrate how dangerous it can be to start out strong and have to live up to those expectations, I'd point to Sabrina. She started out great. Then she had one average / good for anyone else performance, and it was enough for her to be out. The audience figured she was safe, and didn't notice her as someone worth voting for.

If it IS intentional on Maks' part, I think its rather smart. I like it better than the "we'll do lifts or not do the official dance even though its against the rules because the audience will vote for us" approach.

That's the exact reason why I figure Brooke is at risk of being a "shock boot" about half way through. The judges will pan her sooner or later based on her "starting hot but not improving enough". And she doesn't have the popular vote to overcome that.

A guy like Maks may understand that after watching how this silly show operates for so long. Underplay in the beginning and "explode" mid-season.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

It really is a sound stragtegy. I hope it works out. I would love to see them win.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

Who is John Galt?

I am a little disappointed with Misty-May's performances. She looks fierce and angry (paso doble), or scared to death (last week's dances). She leads to relax and feel the music when she dances instead of memorizing the steps. She appears to be attacking the dance like she was playing volleyball instead of dancing with a partner. Maks is trying to play up her strengths and it works sometimes. No question that she has a terrific work ethic, but she doesn't seem to be enjoying what she is doing when she dances. Again, this is just my opinion and how I feel when I watch her.

Looks like Misty's husband had to undergo hip surgury today.
    HTML Code:
    http://florida.marlins.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20081002&content_id=3582715&vkey=news_fla&fext=.jsp&c_id=fla
    I wish him a full and speedy recovery, and hope his difficulties don't impact Misty's performance too much this week.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

There's already a discussion in the speculation thread but I'll put it here as well-Misty/Maks are out of the competition Misty either broke her ankle or ruptured her achilles tendon (there's two different stories floating around-but she does need surgery). I guess Maks was at the hospital with her (what a supportive partner) and both were really upset, especially Misty.

I hope her surgery goes well.
    Last edited by karalott; 10-04-2008 at 05:00 PM.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

How awful!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread