+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Cody Linley - Season 7

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Re: Cody Linley - Season 7

That older woman/young kid thing isn't even believable given that she's what? Two years older? They're both kids as far as I'm concerned.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Blues Songstres;3215931;
    That older woman/young kid thing isn't even believable given that she's what? Two years older? They're both kids as far as I'm concerned.
    I agree with this comment, and I just looked up their ages to see just how much "older" Julianne is. Looks like they are 16 months apart in age. Sounds like normal teenage dating age to me!

I agree that their physical ages are close, but Julianne seems much more mature to me. Cody still seem to be in the fumbling youth stage while Julianne seemed to comfortable and mature when she first joined the show with Apollo Anton Ono 3 seasons ago.

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

I'm sure her comfort onstage has to do with her dance experience. She's in her element. Take away the dance aspect, and she seems just like a giggling, shy girl to me.

FORT Fanatic

Cody is beginning to annoy me with his "I'm just a kid" thing. If he's going to dance, he should act like a young man, not a teenybopper.

By the way, Christina may be into trashy dressing and crotch-grabbing (does she still do that?), but I must say that unlike Britney, she can really SING.

Their best dance of the season. I can see why the crowd booed - should have been equal to Brooke/Derek.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by mbcrowder;3220932;
    Their best dance of the season. I can see why the crowd booed - should have been equal to Brooke/Derek.
    I disagree; they got one point behind Brooke/Derek but I thought both couples were overscored. I loved the jitterbug but have to admit I was kind of disappointed they got them. It seemed like the easiest dance to do, and the most upbeat and young feeling of them. Why not give them a dance that doesn't quite fit them and challenge them?

And I heard Julianne is performing her song on the results show tonight (or it might be next week, but I know it's coming up).

I've watched it a couple of times and it didn't seem like they were booing Julianne/Cody's scores, because when Carrie-Ann put up the 10 the crowd was cheering. Also there was a standing ovation after their dance, so not sure what or why they were booing?

Anyways, I thought that was the best dance from Cody this season so far. Hope he can keep it up and take Julianne far.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by TVDude;3221154;
    I've watched it a couple of times and it didn't seem like they were booing Julianne/Cody's scores, because when Carrie-Ann put up the 10 the crowd was cheering. Also there was a standing ovation after their dance, so not sure what or why they were booing?

Anyways, I thought that was the best dance from Cody this season so far. Hope he can keep it up and take Julianne far.
    Is there a delayed feed back into the room? It seemed like it took them a minute to start booing (and then they cut that sound out from back there), and Julianne didn't look too happy at the very end, which is why I thought they were booing them. I know if something behind the scenes happened not related to the dancers it probably would have been reported. Who knows what/who/why they were booing. I mean, they got a 10 and 2 9's! Why boo? That was the best score they've gotten so far.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3220973;
    I disagree; they got one point behind Brooke/Derek but I thought both couples were overscored. I loved the jitterbug but have to admit I was kind of disappointed they got them. It seemed like the easiest dance to do, and the most upbeat and young feeling of them. Why not give them a dance that doesn't quite fit them and challenge them?

And I heard Julianne is performing her song on the results show tonight (or it might be next week, but I know it's coming up).
    She's not this week...I posted over in the show discussion thread a blog she writes that stated she was bumped due to the Macy's performance tonight!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

+ Reply to Thread