+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Lance Bass - Season 7

FORT Regular

Re: Lance Bass

Lance and Lacey are the couple to beat. She has her own fans from the other dancing show and Lance's personality is more low key than Joey. I thought Joey was very lazy and too much of a ham. Len called him a show man, I said lazy and used tricks.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;3179579;
    A lot of people on reality boards hate Lacey, but because boards like this aren't really an accurate microcosm of the viewing audience as a whole, I'd say she's clearly a case of a dancer going into this show who will also be able to draw a certain amount of votes from the public all on her own. So unless he sucks, Lancey is going to get a nice boost from that.
    Or not. As you said, Lacey doesn't seem to be getting the warmest reception across the web so that may actually work against them. I'm not crazy about them using a reality show cast off as a pro, even if she is a professional. I never paid much attention to anyone in N Sync minus Joey and JC (and of course Justin but it was hard to ignore him) so I can't even remember Lance's dancing ability.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3179940;
    Or not. As you said, Lacey doesn't seem to be getting the warmest reception across the web so that may actually work against them.
    I don't believe it. The web is not the world. People engage in groupthink more on the web--one person mentions that they think Lacey is a ham, and then dozens, then hundreds, then thousands, as more and more people pick up on that reference and repeat it (and I'm NOT saying its not true, just that it gets communicated like that). But that same multiplication factor doesn't exist for people who only see a show "on air". They tend to react more based on what the show tells them to think, and in this case that message was "Lacey is a winner" (well, okay, not a winner, but at least a finalist--which is virtually the same thing).

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;3179961;
    I don't believe it. The web is not the world. People engage in groupthink more on the web--one person mentions that they think Lacey is a ham, and then dozens, then hundreds, then thousands, as more and more people pick up on that reference and repeat it (and I'm NOT saying its not true, just that it gets communicated like that). But that same multiplication factor doesn't exist for people who only see a show "on air". They tend to react more based on what the show tells them to think, and in this case that message was "Lacey is a winner" (well, okay, not a winner, but at least a finalist--which is virtually the same thing).
    I would agree the web and what viewers have to say online is just a small percentage of what the viewers actually think/do (and also agree that one person makes a comment and others run with it). But I also think it can work both ways; there's still a lot of viewers who watch Dance that don't comment online that may hate Lacey, just like there's lots of viewers who liked her and will vote for her. And then those that you mentioned that have never seen the show but will probably put the 2 through based on their dancing ability. Regardless of Lacey's past reality show dealings and what people think of her, I still peg these 2 as one of the final 4, assuming neither has a nasty attitude that people won't vote for, and assuming they don't have a Sabrina/Mark moment.

Well I loved Lacey. She was my favorite of the season (much like Katee was in the past season), and I was so disappointed when she lost (though in both seasons, my distant second favorite won). As a matter of fact, I was shocked she didn't make top 2. I thought for sure she would make the top 2 with Sabra, even with all the negative comments that were said about Lacey at FoRT. But like the posts above me indicate, not every person that watches a show posts on the internet.

As for Lance, he's okay. If he wins, then good on him. He's just not my pre-show favorite to win. But if he's amazing at dancing on the show, then I might find myself rooting for him.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;3179611;
    I love how they added astronaut to his bio. Didn't he pay for his trip?
    He sure did pay for the trip, BIG bucks! "Professional" astronaut, Not so much. I think he'll be a big yawn.

Who is John Galt?

I liked Lacey on SYTYCD and am glad she has made on here as one of the Pros. As far as her partner is concerned, I was not a fan of NSync and never even knew who he was until he "came out". I have no knowledge of his personality or abilities, so for me he's a big question mark.

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;3179611;
    I love how they added astronaut to his bio. Didn't he pay for his trip?
    HAHAHA I was wondering what was up with the "astronaut"..HILARIOUS!!

Re: Lance Bass - Season 7

Lacey from So You Think You Can Dance! I loved her. This should be a great couple.
    Put me in a special school, 'Cause I am such a fool.
    'Troublemaker' from the band Weezer

Re: Lance Bass - Season 7

It's interesting that you can call yourself an astronaut just by having a certain certification, versus having ever actually gone up (besides, he actually got cosmonaut training!)

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

+ Reply to Thread