+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Lance Bass - Season 7

Re: Lance Bass - Season 7

Last time I voted was for Jerry Rice because my husband made me! LOL. I am voting this time for L/L.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

tinderbox, I believe L/L will keep their same numbers this week also-1-800-868-3407 (programmed in my phone ) GO LANCE & LACEY!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

I wanted these 2 to win! I was surprised that they came in 3rd.. I thought for sure Warren would be 3rd.

I was really rooting for Lance and Lacey. They completely won me over. But I have to say that once I saw their lackluster freestyle, I thought they were doomed to finish third. Warren came through with what he does best - a lot of entertaining lifts, acrobatics and excitement.

I think it really did come down to the freestyles. If Lance and Lacey had managed to pull off a spectacular routine, I think they would have placed second. Warren sneaked in because of his superior freestyle.

There was one moment in their rehearsal footage that stood out to me. At one point I heard Lacey asking Lance about putting in some lifts. Lance said that he didn't want to do any. At that point I started yelling at the TV, as though they could hear me, NOOOOO! I hoped that Lacey would prevail and put in some daring lifts. She is the choreographer and it should be her decision. You don't let the celebrity dictate to you at that point. There is just too much at stake. Lance is so athletic and strong and could easily pull off some fantastic difficult lifts and acrobatics.

These two loved breaking the rules and being unconventional and taking risks. But in the end, their freestyle was just ordinary. I was so disappointed. They had a lot of momentum going into the final after their outstanding performances in the semifinals. I watched Appolo and Julianne's hip-hop freestyle to refresh my memory and it was so much better than Lance and Lacey's. That is what a hip-hop routine should be. I am not sure that anyone could improve on that one.

They did so well with the samba. I thought back to their samba just two weeks ago and was amazed at how much better this one was. I thought the judges should have scored them higher. Since they seemed to be peaking at the right time, I had high expectations for their freestyle. But I have to be honest and say that it just didn't measure up. I am not really sure what went wrong. They danced very well, but everyone knows that you have to step it up and do wild and crazy things.

I think Lacey has a real crush on Lance. She looked so unhappy all through the show last night. I guess she didn't want it to come to an end. Then Lance said she's like a sister to him. I don't think she looks at him like a brother. At least they will get to dance on the tour.

I really wanted them to win but when I saw the scores Brooke was getting coupled with their failed free style? I knew they were done for. Lacey is young and new to this and I feel star struck with Lance and she didn't stick to her guns. She KNEW she needed to do lifts and tricks and caved to what Lance wanted. I think if she is back next season and manages to make it this far again? She will have learned and not do that again. You could see her learning and adjusting each week and this won't be any different.

As much as I liked her on this and want her back... please please please *prays to the dance Gods*... do NOT bring Benji on this show!! I will have to boycott that season. I could barely tolerate Derek's mugging and antics, no way I could stomach Benji as well but I fear that the showcase dance he did with Lacey was a harbinger of things to come.

Anyways, would love to see Lacy back.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I don't think freestyle determined the winner this year; but I do think it determined who finished second and third. Being young, hip, and the so called rebels who had to take flack all season from Mr. Crankypants, there was probably a lot of expectation from Lance/Lacey in this round, especially when they said they were doing hip hop. I think that's a bad move no matter who does it. Maybe Lacey did make a mistake in listening to Lance but if he's seen past freestyles he should know they typically consist of lifts, acrobatics, and tricks. It's not your typical dancing. While the audience didn't have a say in the encore dance, I wonder if picking the jitterbug was a smart move for them as well. Just danced it last week and it's not a dance they would have gotten a 10 from from Len. Since there's so much talk about Lance improving I always think it's smarter to do a dance they did earlier in the season. Or their jive, since Len didn't even get a chance to score that one.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3242315;
    I don't think freestyle determined the winner this year; but I do think it determined who finished second and third. Being young, hip, and the so called rebels who had to take flack all season from Mr. Crankypants, there was probably a lot of expectation from Lance/Lacey in this round, especially when they said they were doing hip hop. I think that's a bad move no matter who does it. Maybe Lacey did make a mistake in listening to Lance but if he's seen past freestyles he should know they typically consist of lifts, acrobatics, and tricks. It's not your typical dancing. While the audience didn't have a say in the encore dance, I wonder if picking the jitterbug was a smart move for them as well. Just danced it last week and it's not a dance they would have gotten a 10 from from Len. Since there's so much talk about Lance improving I always think it's smarter to do a dance they did earlier in the season. Or their jive, since Len didn't even get a chance to score that one.

I think you made a very good analysis. I do agree that the freestyle did determine who finished second and third. I think expectations were high for L/L because of the things you mentioned and their superb performances in the semifinals. I could see that Lance was dancing a lot better and I just thought they were peaking at exactly the right moment.

I have no idea why Lance was so determined to avoid lifts. He is good friends with Joey and all he had to do was look at his freestyle to see all of the lifts and high energy dancing. It's a no-brainer. He was being peculiarly stubborn. I still don't think they would have won over Brooke, but at least they could go out knowing that they did their best and left everything on the dance floor. It's the should haves, could haves and would haves that can drive you crazy later on.

I originally liked their choice of the jitterbug for their encore dance, but after thinking about it and reading your comments, I do think it would have been a better idea to do their jive. It is true that Len never got to see that one and it would have given them an opportunity to get a 10. I don't know that Len would have done it, but if they danced it as well as they did the first time, or even better, he just might have broken down and given it to them. The fact that they never got a 10 from Len all season speaks volumes.

Yeah, I was also quite disappointed with their freestyle. I figured it would be hip hop, since that is what he did with N'Sync.. but I thought it would have been better.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;3242296;
    I really wanted them to win but when I saw the scores Brooke was getting coupled with their failed free style? I knew they were done for. Lacey is young and new to this and I feel star struck with Lance and she didn't stick to her guns. She KNEW she needed to do lifts and tricks and caved to what Lance wanted. I think if she is back next season and manages to make it this far again? She will have learned and not do that again. You could see her learning and adjusting each week and this won't be any different.

As much as I liked her on this and want her back... please please please *prays to the dance Gods*... do NOT bring Benji on this show!! I will have to boycott that season. I could barely tolerate Derek's mugging and antics, no way I could stomach Benji as well but I fear that the showcase dance he did with Lacey was a harbinger of things to come.

Anyways, would love to see Lacy back.
    Please, God, no Benji. He was such a ham when he and Lacey danced that I couldn't stand to watch him!
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Then don't go to his website, Miss Griss. He bills himself and his cousin Heidi (his dance partner) as America's Favorite Dance Couple! Yes, I do like Heidi but I can't stand him. I would hardly consider them my favorite couple. That would go to Jonathon and Anna or Edyta and Alec.

Historically, least in my mind, whenever they showcase somebody? That means they are coming the next season and they are trying to test the waters and stuff. Benji actually is a very good choreographer. BUT, I cannot stomach his mugging and camerawhoring antics.

If they insist on stealing people from other dance shows (I don't mind the addition of Lacey, she was rough at first but was much improved by the end and I like her) then why not Dmitry? I know they can't bring Artem on but he is fair game. Or... Snow? What about Snow?

+ Reply to Thread