+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415 LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 143

Thread: Lance Bass - Season 7

  1. #121
    FORT Fanatic Nativenewyorker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Chatsworth, California
    Posts
    463

    Re: Lance Bass - Season 7

    I think this season may well end up on a high note. For me, a lot of the excitement went out with Maks and Misty May. I had such high hopes for them. When they went out on the dance floor, you could feel the energy and everything seemed to come alive. Misty May was rough around the edges, but you could see that there was so much potential there. Maks is a great teacher and manages to get the most out of his partner. I just think they took the air out of the competition. I will always wonder - what if.

    I do think that the best three dancers are in the finals. They are each unique in their own way and have their own strengths. If the freestyle dances are good, then we will be in for a treat.

    I like to think that Lance represents for me what this show is really all about. He had so little confidence in himself and really struggled in the beginning. But watching his progress over the weeks, I have been so impressed. This week I saw him come full circle. He has finally overcome the albatross of being the weakest dancer in 'N Sync. So much of the success in dancing comes from believing in yourself, knowing that you are good in your heart. That's the intangible quality that I see in him now. He KNOWS that he is truly a good dancer. He feels it and it shows in his dancing. He owns the dance floor. I almost forgot that he was a performer. If Warren is the consummate showman, Lance is coming up right behind him. He is playing to the audience and showing charm and grace. It's lovely to see.

    I am glad that I managed to keep an open mind. I don't usually pay that much attention to CA, but when I watched the recap show again, she said something that really resonated with me. She told L/L that sometimes magic happens on the dance floor. I think that really sums up what happened with them this week. Magic. The kind of magic that I thought we would see from Maks and Misty May. It's that feeling of chills going up and down your spine, of incredible excitement and awareness. They made me feel alive. That is what is so special about this show. They have also made this a real contest.

    Here's hoping that we are treated to a great final.

  2. #122
    Helplessly Hoping AsIs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    5,879

    Re: Lance Bass - Season 7

    Quote Originally Posted by Nativenewyorker;3237732;
    I think this season may well end up on a high note. For me, a lot of the excitement went out with Maks and Misty May. I had such high hopes for them. When they went out on the dance floor, you could feel the energy and everything seemed to come alive. Misty May was rough around the edges, but you could see that there was so much potential there. Maks is a great teacher and manages to get the most out of his partner. I just think they took the air out of the competition. I will always wonder - what if.

    I do think that the best three dancers are in the finals. They are each unique in their own way and have their own strengths. If the freestyle dances are good, then we will be in for a treat.

    I like to think that Lance represents for me what this show is really all about. He had so little confidence in himself and really struggled in the beginning. But watching his progress over the weeks, I have been so impressed. This week I saw him come full circle. He has finally overcome the albatross of being the weakest dancer in 'N Sync. So much of the success in dancing comes from believing in yourself, knowing that you are good in your heart. That's the intangible quality that I see in him now. He KNOWS that he is truly a good dancer. He feels it and it shows in his dancing. He owns the dance floor. I almost forgot that he was a performer. If Warren is the consummate showman, Lance is coming up right behind him. He is playing to the audience and showing charm and grace. It's lovely to see.

    I am glad that I managed to keep an open mind. I don't usually pay that much attention to CA, but when I watched the recap show again, she said something that really resonated with me. She told L/L that sometimes magic happens on the dance floor. I think that really sums up what happened with them this week. Magic. The kind of magic that I thought we would see from Maks and Misty May. It's that feeling of chills going up and down your spine, of incredible excitement and awareness. They made me feel alive. That is what is so special about this show. They have also made this a real contest.

    Here's hoping that we are treated to a great final.

    I agree with you on all points 100%. Thanks for summing it up so well!

    ETA: Just wanted to add one thing. Lacey has spent this season getting to know what the judges want/look for. I think she has done a amazing job moving towards that. And I find her routines more fun to watch than the other pros.
    Last edited by AsIs; 11-20-2008 at 02:22 PM.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

  3. #123
    FORT Fanatic Nativenewyorker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Chatsworth, California
    Posts
    463

    Re: Lance Bass - Season 7

    I think Lacey has really learned a lot this season. She has also learned to play it smart. Don't get in the judges' faces with bizarre and way too edgy dances, don't talk back to them, don't have an attitude, take the criticism and try to smile.

    I have called her out when I did not like her choreography. But I am also more than ready to give her kudos for the two dances they did this week. She was simply superb. She seems to have a real understanding now of what works for them, how to walk a fine line and not cross it, letting Lance shine and have the spotlight, and how to have good old-fashioned fun.

    She may not have the level of ballroom dance training that the other pros do, but she has shown that she can compete with the best of them.

    I also have to give Lance a lot of credit for handling Len's bad attitude with such grace and poise. He never said anything mean, never got defensive, never got mad (are you hearing me Derek?), always stayed cool. That is not easy to do. He kept his mouth shut, went back to work, and got even better. Finally he made Len give him and Lacey the credit they deserve, even though he was such a stinker by not giving them at least one 10. I am extremely impressed with Lance. He and Lacey have earned my respect and given me a lot of joy.

  4. #124
    *Until Next Season...* karalott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Posts
    17,600

    Re: Lance Bass - Season 7

    Lance has whined off stage and I think the obsession with Len was part staged, part real. I think some comments he's made have been in poor taste, but I guess I'd have to see the real context they're in. But whoever was paired with Lacey probably wasn't going to have an easy time, especially with Len. I do respect Lacey may not be his style since he's old school traditional ballroom, and for that I'm happy we have him on the panel. But I said long ago if they can't win over Len, they need to give it a rest and do their thing.

    I think Lacey has really learned a lot this season. She has also learned to play it smart. Don't get in the judges' faces with bizarre and way too edgy dances, don't talk back to them, don't have an attitude, take the criticism and try to smile.
    I will give Lacey credit here. Most of the pros came into this show with egos and attitudes, but the majority seem to have learned that doesn't go over well with the audience and has toned it down. Most of the criticisms launched at Lacey could probably apply to half of the regular pros when the show first started and they all made their debut. That's one of the reasons I could never get behind Karina, and expected another dose of it this season when she got paired with Rocco. Like with all the pros, I think the real test comes when they get someone with two left feet and who they're completely opposite from in terms of personality.

  5. #125
    FORT Fanatic Nativenewyorker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Chatsworth, California
    Posts
    463

    Re: Lance Bass - Season 7

    Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3238105;
    Lance has whined off stage and I think the obsession with Len was part staged, part real. I think some comments he's made have been in poor taste, but I guess I'd have to see the real context they're in. But whoever was paired with Lacey probably wasn't going to have an easy time, especially with Len. I do respect Lacey may not be his style since he's old school traditional ballroom, and for that I'm happy we have him on the panel. But I said long ago if they can't win over Len, they need to give it a rest and do their thing.



    I will give Lacey credit here. Most of the pros came into this show with egos and attitudes, but the majority seem to have learned that doesn't go over well with the audience and has toned it down. Most of the criticisms launched at Lacey could probably apply to half of the regular pros when the show first started and they all made their debut. That's one of the reasons I could never get behind Karina, and expected another dose of it this season when she got paired with Rocco. Like with all the pros, I think the real test comes when they get someone with two left feet and who they're completely opposite from in terms of personality.
    I am hearing things online that have been said by Lance. I think some of them have been twisted and taken out of context, but there may be some truth to it. I just go by what I see on the show. He has been polite to Len, even though I think he was very frustrated. I have also heard some really bad things about Warren from anonymous sources. I read an article that someone posted on the DWTS abc message boards that said he was upsetting a lot of people backstage on the show and was quite the diva. I try to disregard a lot of this.

    I don't think Lance is necessarily a perfect angel, but I do think he has been pretty good at handling himself most of the time. Lacey has had a tough time trying to earn some respect. I don't know that I would want her to come back again, but I do think she has done a great job with Lance. I do still prefer our regular pros. But this week she really outdid Derek and Kym. I am glad they did win over Len, or old cranky pants, as I like to call him. I respect his knowledge and love of ballroom dancing. I just wish he could hide the bias better. It's really annoying.

    Karina really tested my promise not to judge based on personal dislike. She has such an arrogant personality, but I must admire her skill as a pro dancer. I respect her in spite of her. Sometimes, I fight to keep my feelings under control. I am human, when it comes right down to it.

  6. #126
    *Until Next Season...* karalott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Posts
    17,600

    Re: Lance Bass - Season 7

    Quote Originally Posted by Nativenewyorker;3238385;
    I am hearing things online that have been said by Lance. I think some of them have been twisted and taken out of context, but there may be some truth to it. I just go by what I see on the show. He has been polite to Len, even though I think he was very frustrated. I have also heard some really bad things about Warren from anonymous sources. I read an article that someone posted on the DWTS abc message boards that said he was upsetting a lot of people backstage on the show and was quite the diva. I try to disregard a lot of this.

    I don't think Lance is necessarily a perfect angel, but I do think he has been pretty good at handling himself most of the time. Lacey has had a tough time trying to earn some respect. I don't know that I would want her to come back again, but I do think she has done a great job with Lance. I do still prefer our regular pros. But this week she really outdid Derek and Kym. I am glad they did win over Len, or old cranky pants, as I like to call him. I respect his knowledge and love of ballroom dancing. I just wish he could hide the bias better. It's really annoying.

    Karina really tested my promise not to judge based on personal dislike. She has such an arrogant personality, but I must admire her skill as a pro dancer. I respect her in spite of her. Sometimes, I fight to keep my feelings under control. I am human, when it comes right down to it.
    Lance I'm willing to think some of the things I haven't liked coming from him weren't taken out of context, but I do know how the media can be and they seem to love controversy this season. Look what happened to Louis and Maks over the weight comments that they didn't even make. I heard that about Warren, and also about Kim. I haven't heard about there being diva-problems with any other stars/pros but Lance is just from my own personal observations of things in the media. If there's one pro I'd actually rather see Lacey return over it'd be Corky. That guy is a little creepy, and according to an interview with Tom he said they had to edit their jive because it was going to be raunchier than it already was (and they say Tara Reid isn't family friendly enough for this show). I also prefer our regular pros, and once in awhile don't mind a new face added to the mix. But not if that person is taking the place of one of our regulars. I've accepted Lacey is likely returning next season. She's on the tour so if she didn't come back I'm betting it's because it was her decision, not the show's. With Julianne gone that leaves one vacant spot, and if they do 13 couples again next season with 7 male stars that'll leave 2 vacant spots for female pros, because I doubt they'll bring that other new pro back that was on this season (she seemed pretty cool in the short time she was on). I'm hoping Anna and/or Ashly return. I think the producers would be crazy to try and shake the pro line up up too much. The majority of these pros have been on consistantly every season and have built up their own fan bases, so I think that might backfire if they try and weed them out. Adding a bunch of cross overs might not work for them, either, because it doesn't mean the fan bases of them will follow, and not seeing their favorite regulars on here might get people tuning out.

    Len admitted he was anti-Lance but they won him over. I can respect Len's remarks on some of their dances, because he made similar complaints about other pros in the past (L/L using the bench for the rumba, dancing barefoot, not giving them a 10 for their jitterbug, complaining about song choices and the dance style). I'd like to think underneath it all the judges are just trying to help the couple even if it comes out more critical than it should. Bruno has his favorites and is probably the nice guy more often than he should be, but of the 3 I'd say he's the least bias. CA is just as bad as Len.

  7. #127
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    108

    Re: Lance Bass - Season 7

    Lance does not represent what this show is about, to me. He already knew how to dance. He complained throughout the competition. Lacey seems to like the spotlight as much as Lance. He seems to complain a lot in the media and not sure how those comments were taken out of context. He comes off as smug as Mario Lopez and Joey Fatone.

  8. #128
    FORT Fanatic Nativenewyorker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Chatsworth, California
    Posts
    463

    Re: Lance Bass - Season 7

    Quote Originally Posted by pinkberry30;3238591;
    Lance does not represent what this show is about, to me. He already knew how to dance. He complained throughout the competition. Lacey seems to like the spotlight as much as Lance. He seems to complain a lot in the media and not sure how those comments were taken out of context. He comes off as smug as Mario Lopez and Joey Fatone.

    I happened to like Mario Lopez and Joey Fatone a lot. I didn't see any smugness. Confidence is one thing, arrogance quite another.

    As far as Lance is concerned, I see some cockiness, but I don't sense a lot of negativity with him. I trust my gut instinct above anything I may hear or read. The funny thing is that I wasn't much of a fan of 'N Sync and never really paid much attention to them. I do remember Lance catching my eye and I thought he was by far the best looking of them all.

    I didn't hear Lance complain throughout the competition, maybe in the media but I don't care about that nonsense. I think he was pretty good humored and tried to joke about Len.

    I take great exception to your statement that Lance already knew how to dance. Why people keep making this argument baffles me. Dancing in a boy band has precisely nothing to do with ballroom dancing. As a matter of face, I think his previous dancing experience in 'N Sync was one of the major problems that he had to overcome. He was pretty upfront about the fact that he was considered to be the weakest dancer of all of them. That created a lot of insecurity in him about his ability to succeed at ballroom dancing. I saw a genuine lack of confidence in him in the early weeks of the competition.

    After their jive, I saw a different Lance. He was much more comfortable and confidence on the dance floor. Now he is really strutting his stuff. I have enjoyed watching his journey.

    We all see what we see here. Everyone has their own opinion. For me, watching Lance progress so well and develop into an accomplished ballroom dancer, has been what this show is really all about. That's my personal take on it. It resonates with me. I have tried very hard to block out any of the other issues and comments or anything else that might prejudice me against either Lance or Lacey. I have also done that with Warren. On the ABC DWTS message board, there have been a lot of negative stories about Warren. Some involve his reputation and hurting other football players when he was a pro. Other stories are all about him as a person and they are extremely unflattering.

    I was determined not to let any of this interfere with my perceptions of any of the dancers. Whatever Lance did or did not say, does not matter to me. I wasn't a fan of his before, so I came in with no preconceptions. If he is really arrogant or mean-spiritied, I don't know about it and frankly, I just don't care. I am not becoming involved with him. I'm just looking at his dancing.

    I think it's a shame that all this other trivia has to influence people when it should be all about the dancing. Watching those two great dances by Lance and Lacey this week, I just felt so darn good.

  9. #129
    FORT Fogey tinderbox's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,190

    Re: Lance Bass - Season 7

    DWTS is being delayed in my area tomorrow night due to our local TV station showing a pro football game......

    Anyway, would one of you be kind enough to give me the phone number to call for Lance and Lacey so that I can vote during the time the show should be airing here in the central time zone? I know it either ends with an 01 or an 07. Thanks.

  10. #130
    Warped Reality TV_Junkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Missouri, USA
    Age
    28
    Posts
    423

    Re: Lance Bass - Season 7

    Well I like Lance quite a bit, just from watching DWTS... I was never a fan of N' Sync.

    I will be voting for him & Lacey to win!

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.