+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Lance Bass - Season 7

Re: Lance Bass - Season 7

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;3236365;
    If you had told me at the beginning of the season that I'd end up liking Lance the best? I would have never believed it. But as each week went on, he went up more and more in my mind till now I am looking forward to seeing what he will do next. He is the most improved and I know it's a very unpopular opinion on this forum but I like Lacey. I think she brings something special to the show and I want her back next season. It's been tossed around that she doesn't have the "experience" to be on this show, I don't agree. Even if she doesn't? She choreographs the most amazing routines and that to me says that even if she doesn't have the "experience" at least she has the know-how and ability. Yes, she was confused in the beginning and didn't get it that the show was about the star and not her. However, she isn't the only "pro" who has had this issue. Heck, some of them still have it! Maks (drool), Karina.... both focus more on themselves rather than the star. Lacey has quickly figured out what she was doing wrong and now is focusing more on Lance. She's young and I gave her the benefit of the doubt mostly because I like Heidi (her cousin who was on SYTYCD) so much... and I'm glad I did. I am now a fan of hers and what she does.

Was very happy to see how well she and Lance did last night. The mambo was fresh and exciting and once again what she put together left me wanting more. I can't say enough good things about their last routine. It was just amazing and exciting and made me smile through the whole thing.

Let me just say that I am in complete agreement with you. I also did not think I would be rooting for Lance and Lacey. I could see that Lacey was different, and not in a good way. I really questioned her edginess and felt that her choreography was too "out there" for the judges. But week by week, little by little, I have been won over. I saw Lance's potential right from the beginning. But they could never quite seem to get it together. Then there were flashes of brilliance - that tango with the goth-like makeup and costumes, their incredible jive that was their breakout dance, and even that lovely foxtrot last week. They have been trying to make it work and they would come so close, but fall short.

But last night it all came together gloriously. Lance was really feeling it and seemed more confident and comfortable than ever. Lacey just simply out-choreographed the other dance pros. She deserves all the credit in the world for her hard work. She managed to combine their unique style with classic, brilliant choreography that showed them off.

Lacey has come so far this season. She may have even surprised herself. I respect her dedication and perseverance. I don't feel uncomfortable expressing my support for her, even if she is generally unpopular here. I believe in giving credit where credit is due. She earned it last night.

I think Lacey is doing a fantastic job.
    Week after week she dances outside of her speciality style and looks great doing so, imo.
    I thought she was great every week on SYTYCD, where no style seemed to phase her, she's incredibly versatile.

I'm not a huge fan of Benji, but thought her dance with him was excellent as well, despite the God-awful song they were dancing to.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Since we haven't had a shocking elimination this season, I hope the shocker is L/L go out in third place. I know they have a way of pairing people up, and if they wanted the whole rebel story arc I don't think Lacey could have pulled that off with Ted McGinely. But I always get tired of seeing the new pros get the good ones while the pros who have been on the show awhile get screwed season after season. At least the new female pros, the new male pros often get the clunkers and people without any fan bases. I'll always wonder if Helio would have won without Julianne.

But it won't be the end of the world, and actually a fitting ending to what I consider the worst season ever. I will find it kind of comical that Lance would win, but Joey couldn't, as I considered him more entertaining and a better dancer.

I don't vote, so the pressure is off. It's just entertainment, to me. ABC would think I'm a bad viewer.
    I didn't start voting until season 4, but that was only once in a great while. Didn't vote last season much, but the only time I've ever really put my fingers to use on this show was during season 5 after Mel/Maks got in the bottom 2, and this season with Warren/Kym, Toni/Alec, and Misty/Maks. It is entertainment, which is why it's not the end of the world if the couple I don't like wins. I can't take a show that gives away a mirror ball trophy as it's prize that seriously It's why I look more for entertainment than dancing technique. I'm no expert, so I couldn't tell if they got the dance down correctly or not. Not to say that the Tucker Carlson's and Billy Ray's should be able to walk away on top in the end.
    Last edited by karalott; 11-19-2008 at 02:43 PM.

Lacey became my favorite on SYTYCD and I'm rooting for her to win this year, oh yeah and her partner Lance also.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

While I like Lance, I don't care for Lacey. I just have not found her dancing to be on a par with the other pros. Obviously, all of this is subjective. I vote very seldom, but when I do it is for the celeb who entertains me the most. For me, it's been Warren from day 1.

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3237393;
    While I like Lance, I don't care for Lacey. I just have not found her dancing to be on a par with the other pros. Obviously, all of this is subjective. I vote very seldom, but when I do it is for the celeb who entertains me the most. For me, it's been Warren from day 1.

Before it has always been the celebrity that I cared for and not the pro but because I was already a big fan of Lacey, this year is an exception for me.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3237351;
    Since we haven't had a shocking elimination this season, I hope the shocker is L/L go out in third place. I know they have a way of pairing people up, and if they wanted the whole rebel story arc I don't think Lacey could have pulled that off with Ted McGinely. But I always get tired of seeing the new pros get the good ones while the pros who have been on the show awhile get screwed season after season. At least the new female pros, the new male pros often get the clunkers and people without any fan bases. I'll always wonder if Helio would have won without Julianne.

But it won't be the end of the world, and actually a fitting ending to what I consider the worst season ever. I will find it kind of comical that Lance would win, but Joey couldn't, as I considered him more entertaining and a better dancer.

I didn't start voting until season 4, but that was only once in a great while. Didn't vote last season much, but the only time I've ever really put my fingers to use on this show was during season 5 after Mel/Maks got in the bottom 2, and this season with Warren/Kym, Toni/Alec, and Misty/Maks. It is entertainment, which is why it's not the end of the world if the couple I don't like wins. I can't take a show that gives away a mirror ball trophy as it's prize that seriously It's why I look more for entertainment than dancing technique. I'm no expert, so I couldn't tell if they got the dance down correctly or not. Not to say that the Tucker Carlson's and Billy Ray's should be able to walk away on top in the end.

Regarding your comments in bold, it's interesting that you brought up Joey. I love his dancing. I always said that he reminded me of Gene Kelly. I love that athletic, exuberant style of dancing. I think choosing between him and Appolo was the hardest choice I have ever had to make. Ultimately, I went for Appolo ONLY because of his freestyle dance with Julianne. I just thought it was so original and inventive. But I would have been happy if Joey had won.

Watching Lance do that jitterbug reminded me so much of Joey's dancing. As I watched the recap, Bruno even mentioned Gene Kelly and asked them if On The Town, a great old movie, was their inspiration. I don't think Lance is in the same league as Joey, but he really has improved a lot. I honestly did not expect him to do as well as he did. Whatever insecurities or demons he has, he seems to have overcome them.

I don't know that this season would qualify as the worst. I didn't love season one and last season was so boring because of the lack of real competition for Kristi. It probably won't rank as a particularly memorable one. I will be fine with whoever wins. I think that the right three are in the final. I can't ask for more than that.

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3237351;
    But it won't be the end of the world, and actually a fitting ending to what I consider the worst season ever.
    Last season was easily the worst season by far; so bad that it made me way less interested this time. That's really too bad because this season has been infinitely more interesting. (And we didn't know from the outset who was going to win as we did last season.) Oh well. I'm not sure I'll ever regain the love I had for DWTS in Seasons 2-5.
    Last edited by Blues Songstres; 11-19-2008 at 08:05 PM.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Blues Songstres;3237559;
    Last season was easily the worst season by far; so bad that it made me way less interested this time. That's really too bad because this season has been infinitely more interesting. (And we didn't know from the outset who was going to win as we did last season.) Oh well. I'm not sure I'll ever regain the love I had for DWTS in Season 2-5.
    When this season first started, I was excited because it seemed like the field was wide open. Even though I'm not surprised in the least that Lance made it this far, I wasn't 100% sure he would. There's been things I haven't liked about this season (format changes, new dance styles added in) but it got old in the beginning when the judges/producers biases set in, all those stupid story arcs of rebels and rivalries took over until the new dance week. Actually, since then and the horrid hip hop group number, this season has started looking up and going back to what I liked about the show in the first place. And with the final 3, it's back to what I felt in the beginning-it's anyone's to lose. I don't think any of those 3 have a leg up on the others. Still, with injuries, the cast seeming miserable, the judges being more cranky, and even Tom not being himself-something about this season seemed off. I didn't think anything could be worse or more dull than the Kristi/Mark show, but I guess both seasons had things I didn't like about either. They're equally as bad in my book. I'll just be skipping from season 5 to 8 when the spring edition starts up.

Regarding your comments in bold, it's interesting that you brought up Joey. I love his dancing. I always said that he reminded me of Gene Kelly. I love that athletic, exuberant style of dancing. I think choosing between him and Appolo was the hardest choice I have ever had to make. Ultimately, I went for Appolo ONLY because of his freestyle dance with Julianne. I just thought it was so original and inventive. But I would have been happy if Joey had won.
    That was the best final 2, Apolo/Joey (second would be Emmitt/Mario). Season 4 remains me favorite DWTS ever.

I had an initial aversion to Lacey because she was frequently doing the tongue-sticking-out-to-the-max thing (whatever the "proper" term for that is). Now that she hasn't done that lately, I am liking her much better.

I really love it when she dances barefoot; that is definitely more natural and safer than being perched on high heels. There is something so incredibly unnatural and sexist about women wearing (let alone dancing in) high heels. OK, I admit it, I am becoming a Lacey fan.

Lance has grown on me, so I'll be thrilled if either he or Warren wins.

+ Reply to Thread