+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2728293031323334353637

Thread: DwtS Season 7 Rumors and Speculation

FORT Regular

Re: DwtS Season 7 Rumors and Speculation

Maks probably plays the smug and arrogant character while I think there is some arrogance there too. Julianne and Mark know what the viewers want and they deliver each season. Just like Maks knows waht they want from him. Like Maks, fans, interviewers and other dancers love Derek too. I think neither are tools. Other pros spoke highly of Lacey too and everyone thinks she is awful. When is it ever fair on this show? Was it fair for any of the celebs to compete against Kristi Yamaguchi last season?

I'm glad to see that some of you think Derek is a tool. If I remember right, he seemed nice and so happy to be on the show last year, but this year he's a total egomaniac. I'm sick of seeing him pump his teenage boy chest. Enough already!

I'd like to see Corky with a more serious dancer. He was so goofy this year that it was painful to watch. I'd like to see what his dancing is really like.

Quote Originally Posted by MHcarrollton;3244562;
    We must remember thought that people that know him might not want to get bad press, and say it to keep themselves out of all that. I cannot imagine Cheryl or Edyta saying yes he is a jerk. I think it speaks volumes that he and Karina paired up. I think they both come off as thinking they are too good for this type of show. I think that Edyta and Tony seem to always take their partners feeling above all else. I know some think their choreography is boring, but unlike Max, Julianne, and Derek I think they see that this show is supposed to be fun above all else. I felt badly for Brooke at the end as Derek seemed so cocky and full of himself that she got lost in the shuffle. I always vote for whom seems to be having fun, getting along, and trying their best. To me it is not about the best dancer, because putting Jeffrey Ross against Brooke Burke is not even a fair competition. To me it is fun and joy that I like. That is why I loved Warren and Kym because they were so joyful and fun, and they should have won. I would not have minded Brooke getting a trophy, but Derek is a tool.

I have to say that I am pretty much done with Derek. Ever since he lost it last season in that tirade against the judges, I have been pretty disgusted with him. He let his personal feelings for Shannon get in the way of being a professional dancer. I don't know if it's a coincidence or what, but ever since he got involved with her, he has turned into an incredibly obnoxious performer. I do not deny that he is a very talented choreographer, but that is not enough to compensate for his behavior.

I don't profess to really know any of these dance pros. I just go with my own personal impressions when I watch them on the show. I also trust my gut instinct over everything else. I can get a sense of someone after watching them over a number of seasons. They may well be somewhat different in their private lives, but I do get a sense of who they are.

I have had a love-hate thing with Maks. I was actually relieved when he took a vacation from the show last season. When he did come back this time, I was really glad to see him. He can mouth off a little too much at times. He seems really passionate about dancing and has strong opinions that he feels free to express. But I appreciated his honest and sincere concern for Misty May. He looked quite devastated over her injury. I think he is someone who can be kind of arrogant on the outside, but who is a sweetheart inside. I love his dancing and hope he stays on the show for a long time.

I just think that this show would not be what it is without these great dance pros. Love them or hate them, they bring life and enjoyment to the show every week.

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

I met a dance instructor a few months ago who has a studio in So. California & who knows most of the dancers on DWTS. She said that Maks, Cheryl and Edyta are all very nice people. She also said Karina is as big a b***** as she appears on television.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I think the pros sometimes taking a break is a good thing. I missed Maks like crazy last season but it gave me something to look forward to for season 7. I think that has a downside, because it may not give the pro the fanbase others have that have been on more consistantly. I often think if I get my wish and Ashly DelGrosso returns, for those that started tuning in after season 3 she'd practically be a newbie compared to Cheryl, Karina, and Edyta, and even during seasons 2 and 3 she didn't last too long (much longer with Master P than she should have-poor Ashly ) paso, no worries, I respect your opinion on Maks I realize he's not everyone's cup of tea for the same reasons you stated. In the end, I don't think it's losing to the pro as much as it is losing to the star. Maks wasn't happy losing to Helio because he felt Mel was a better dancer than he was (and I'd have to agree). I don't think he has any problems with Derek or Julianne that I'm aware of. I don't think he minded Lacey as much as her style was a reflection of where he believed people behind the scenes wanted the show to go and he didn't like that. Which I don't blame him there, either. I'm more in the camp in wanting to reward the old time pros and make the newbies pay their dues vs the newbies getting the ringers or people with the big fan bases over the old pros getting shafted.

I didn't mind Lacey b/c I like seeing the different ways the same dance can be presented. However, I did not like the way Lacey and Lance thumbed their noses at the judges all the time. It's IS a competition and the judges have to be respected. Keep your shoes on, watch the lifts, and don't waste time with unnecessary props. How hard is that? And I thought they made a HUGE mistake with their freestyle, again thumbing their nose at the establishment. That's why they were in 3rd place.

+ Reply to Thread