+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: 5/20 Finale Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

Premium Member

Re: 5/20 Finale Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

and can I also congratulate Christian and Cheryl - despite adversities they did well

Wow, what a season!!

Wished they could have all shared the trophy. That had to be hard for Cristian to be sitting out in the audience! I'm so glad all three couples are going to NY. One last time together.

Congratulations to Kristi!!

but i'm sad...... it's all over till September.

oh well, at least SYTYCD starts this week!!

See you in the other threads
    Tahoe bound....

FORT Fogey

The oh so gorgeous Edyta and Jason, along with Cristian and Cheryl, are coming up on GMA.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TVDude;3012520;
    I'm not going to disagree that women have it harder abit than men do. BUT that is the nature of ballroom dancing.
    But that's my point. You take two people who do not know how to dance (let's use Laila Ali and Apolo Anton Ohno from two seasons ago) and tell them to dance...she is at a distinct disadvantage. I remember Len even pointed that out near the end when Laila was still in the running for the mirror ball...He pointed out that she has more difficult "showy" things to do--exactly because of the nature of ballroom dancing (with the flower/stem analogy etc.).

Hey, I'm glad you still have your nut!

Watching Monica Seles dance again last night...was well, like watching me dance! I cannot dance or shake my booty at all! But boy, she looked great. And good for her for giving it a shot.

Shannon Elizabeth with her legs wrapped around Tom...um...no.

FORT Fogey

The fabulous four, Jason, Edyta, Cristian and Cheryl, were on LIVE With Regis and Kelly this morning too.

They must be exhausted.

Great final episode. Now I'll have to go into withdrawal until next fall. It was fun to see the recap of the season. After watching all the celebrities one more time I have to agree with the final three placements, and the winner. Yay Kristi. Jason, Cristian, Edyta, and Cheryl all showed a lot of class in their loss, and celebrated Kristi's win with her. Kudos to them all.

Seeing all the contestants dance again reinforced my belief that the elimination order was reasonably fair (with the exception of Marissa going before Mario). Mario and Karina looked really great out there last night. Did you see poor Penn as he tripped exiting the stage? I hope he's OK. He was really witty in his remarks. I could have done without Adam and his shameless self promoting again. And what was up with Shannon? It looked like she was trying to seduce Tom on stage. Looks to me like she'll do anything for attention. This girl is cute, but disturbed.

The kids were great! KEEP THE KIDS NEXT SEASON, PLEASE! It was a stroke of genius to have the Dallas Cowboy's cheerleaders present the trophy to them. I can just see the looks on the faces of all the guys back home that used to tease Brandon for dancing (it's inevitible). He will be the envy of everyone at school for quite while after that one. Who knows, for a while it may even be cool for some of the guys to learn to dance. Heaven knows that the 37 girls vying for the 5 guys at dance class would appreciate that.

I was also happy to see that all the top competitors (Jason, Cristian, and Kristi) seem to have become good friends. Kristi looked like she was in schoolgirl heaven when Jason and Cristan were both kissing her backstage. It was also great to see Kristi being carried around the floor by Jason and Cristian (using his good arm I trust) and seeing Mark get he boost from Derek. I hope this spirit can continue into next season with whomever we get as competitors. It will be refreshing if we can have a season with that sort of sportsmanship exhibited on the part of all the competitors, and without any extraneous influences on the voting.

I guess I've become a fan of three new celebrities through this show: Jason, Cristian, and Mario (I have been a Kristi fan for 20 years). I look forward to watching their future careers. I used to be a fan of Marissa's work, but not so much anymore. I lost a lot of respect for her character through her antics on this show.

See you all on the other boards. I guess I'l be following SYTYCD next.
    Last edited by DancingDad; 05-21-2008 at 11:36 AM.

I was also happy to see that all the top competitors (Jason, Cristian, and Kristi) seem to have become good friends. Kristi looked like she was in schoolgirl heaven when Jason and Cristan were both kissing her backstage. It was also great to see Kristi being carried around the floor by Jason and Cristian (using his good arm I trust) and seeing Mark get he boost from Derek. I hope this spirit can continue into next season with whomever we get as competitors. It will be refreshing if we can have a season with that sort of sportsmanship exhibited on the part of all the competitors, and without any extraneous influences on the voting.
    I completely agree! Watching the final three make appearances together is fantastic!! They were together on GMA today, and will be on Regis and Kelly also. So refreshing to see competitors genuinely root one another on and be so gracious and happy for the winner and yet supportive of the "losers". I love all of them, and though I really wanted to see Jason win, Kristi deserved it and I am really happy for her! Watching Jason and Christian parade her around on their shoulders was fantastic!

Quote Originally Posted by DancingDad;3013365;
    Did you see poor Penn as he tripped exiting the stage? I hope he's OK. He was really witty in his remarks. appreciate that.
    That was a joke! Penn "stumbled" on purpose; he did the exact same thing back when he was still in the competition. Last night Tom made a remark about not falling for it (the prank) again.

Quote Originally Posted by tango7;3013491;
    That was a joke! Penn "stumbled" on purpose; he did the exact same thing back when he was still in the competition. Last night Tom made a remark about not falling for it (the prank) again.
    I guess I missed it the first time. If it's a joke, it's a dumb one.

I completely forgot to comment on how totally inappropriate Shannon Elizabeth was last night! Not only did she wrap her leg around Tom, but left it there for a very long time!! When she finally took her leg off - Tom said "Thank You!!". I was laughing my off!! And then, after the commercial break Tom said that his wife and her lawyer had called him during the break... He is just so funny - the best host ever! Handled the awkward situation with total class.

+ Reply to Thread