+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213

Thread: 5/13 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 5/13 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by TVDude;2996810;
    although I don't understand why it has to be time for a woman to win just because a woman hasn't won in a while?
    I've wondered about that myself. Definite double standard. Disappointing to see those type of comments in this day and age.

How about 2 separate shows - "Dancing with the Female (and Male) Stars"?

I've read and heard that by far, most of the voters are female, and that they tend to vote for males with nice chests and smiles. So, if a woman hasn't won more often, whose fault is that?

P. S. Glad you got Julianne's CD.

Re: 5/13 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by tango7;2998154;
    I've wondered about that myself. Definite double standard. Disappointing to see those type of comments in this day and age.

How about 2 separate shows - "Dancing with the Female (and Male) Stars"?

I've read and heard that by far, most of the voters are female, and that they tend to vote for males with nice chests and smiles. So, if a woman hasn't won more often, whose fault is that?
    Sadly female contestants must be more talented and charismatic to win this than men, since the female in the partnership is the focal point.

Kristi is near perfection with the difficult choreography that Mark gives her so they pick on her inability to emote or lack of chemistry with Mark. Well she emotes just fine and their chemistry may be a victim of the complex routines that require so much concentration. I suggest that Mark be more creative and less complex in his routines so that Kristi can relax more and project her personality like she does with the backstage antics. Since an Olympic gold medal trumps even a Super Bowl ring, I don't see how she can truely covet the horrid trophy, but maybe winning is winning and she can always display it in her garage or a dark basement corner.

Jason is clearly the best dancer of all the football players on DWTS as well as the best looking. Now that he is dancing with Edyta rather than being a pole, he is wonderful to watch. I doubt that he's ever been this worn out during the off season. Like many male atheletes he wasn't thrilled with doing this show in the beginning and now loves the dancing. He and maybe even more so, Edyta, wants to win this badly.

I've had a soft spot for Christian from the beginning. Beyond his great looks he won me over with his sense of humor and lack of pretension. Yes his injury forced Cheryl to be more creative in her choreography and Christian to be more focused to avoid further injury, but his confidence has grown so much that he is able to relax more and let that incredible charisma shine through. Of the three I enjoy watching him dance the most. I don't speak more than a handful of Spanish OK a thumbful, but I love when he makes a special call out to the Spanish speaking public of which there must be mucho. "Cheryl and I have a 90/10 partnership. The 90% is her telling me what to do and the 10% is me doing it." Julianne, Mark and Derek may be the most talented at choreography, but Cheryl is the best at using her partners assets and minimizing his flaws. She wants this win badly and he will do anything not to let her down.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213