+ Reply to Thread

Thread: DWTS The Results 5/06 Recap : Here's To 100 More

DWTS The Results 5/06 Recap : Here's To 100 More

To commemorate it’s 100th episode, Dancing With the Stars has an extravaganza planned for the evening. But before getting to the milestone episode, judges will countdown the greatest dances of the first five seasons. During those seasons, only a handful of dancers have scored the coveted triple ten, a perfect score. From that list, the judges chose their favorites. They are as follows :
    • 10 - Kelly Monaco and Alec Mazo - Freestyle in Season 1/Week 6
    • 9 - Sabrina Bryan and Mark Ballas - Paso Doble in Season 5/ Week 4
    • 8 - Emmitt Smith and Cheryl Burke - Cha Cha Cha in Season 3/ Week 9
    • 7 - Apolo Anton Ohno and Julianne Hough - Quickstep in Season4/Week 9
    • 6 - Joey Fatone and Kym Johnson - Jive in Season 4/Week 7
    • 5 - Helio Castroneves and Julianne Hough - Quickstep in Season 5/Week 8
    • 4 - Drew Lachey and Cheryl Burke - Freestyle in Season 2/Week 8
    • 3 - Stacy Keibler and Tony Dovolani - Samba in Season 2/Week 8
    • 2 - Mel B. and Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Paso Doble in Season 5/Week 7

And the judges’ favorite dance of all time is…
    • 1 - Mario Lopez and Karina Smirnoff - Tango in Season3/Week 9

With One Arm Tied Behind His Back

For some reason, a ragged looking Paula Abdul kicks off the 100th episode with an anniversary message to the show. Tom and Samantha introduce past and present pros for a the opening dance of the show. It’s a high energy number to The Black Crowe’s Hard To Handle. Of course, the band sounds nothing like The Black Crowes but it’s okay because the dancers are entertaining and the lustworthy Maksim has rejoined the ranks! He’s just as smoking as he ever was and a sight for my deprived eyes this season. As the number finishes, cameras pan the front row of the audience to reveal ghosts of celebrities past that have joined the anniversary hoopla tonight.

The fabulous MsFroggy has already dished the drama in her recap of the 99th episode. If you missed it, be sure to give it a look. She never disappoints. Mario finally stiffened up and delivered a wonderful Waltz. He has now decided he loves ballroom dancing. Len’s comments about his Jive weren’t so complimentary. He called Mario’s feet “bloody, big, ugly ones” as he criticized the lack of footwork. Mario can handle Len’s discouraging remarks about his ugly feet because he knows that the critique is ultimately to make him a better dancer. Marissa was graceful in her Foxtrot but fell short of what a quarterfinal performance should bring. She felt it was all so very Broadway. Her Mambo also fell short and for Len, it didn’t have enough raunch. Kristi cheered Len up, however, with a fantastic Quickstep. Her Samba was a fun dance and she loved her dress. It didn’t impress Carrie Ann though. She felt it was all out of control. With a dramatic Tango, Jason could have tied Kristi if Len would have brought the third ten necessary. Their second dance, the Samba was not easy for them. It was just alright for Len and lacked rhythm. The one armed Cristian Tangoed his way into the judges’ good graces. Cheryl joked that he should have hurt himself a long time ago. He followed the hot Tango with a hot Mamba and took the lead over the competition. Someone will leave tonight and the others will go on to the semi-finals. Oh, the drama!

Hey, y’all. Just in case you were wondering about Sabrina Bryan’s favorite DWTS moment…wonder no more. For her, the most memorable moment was Emmitt Smith busting out the MC Hammer pants and showing his moves in their Freestyle.

In the audience, Tom says there are 100 very special guests, 2 people from each state in the US. I’m a little crushed that Froggs and I weren’t invited to reward our dedication to the show. Backstage, Samantha interrogates the dancers about the votes. They all hope their fans voted and would like to be safe….of course. Samantha has really learned nothing in 100 episodes. She’s still asking the most obvious, most idiotic questions.

Special musical guests for this special event are Academy of Country music nominees Rascal Flatts singing their hit, Everyday. Dancing along are champions of season 4, Apolo Anton Ohno and Julianne Hough. It’s a passionate performance with intense lifts and twirls and she even lays on top of him on the floor at one point. I fully expect one of them to light up a cigarette when they are finished. It was just that hot!

It's Jackson If You're Nasty

Oh hey, it’s Lisa Rinnia and her lips. In her opinion the greatest thing about the show is that it’s live and anything can happen. Her most memorable moment is when Kelly Monaco had a wardrobe malfunction. Thank you, Janet Jackson for coining that phrase for boobie flashing. Because wardrobe malfunction sounds so much more dignified than nip slip.

Tom takes the time to visit with some of the former contestants. Stacy Keibler jokes about her restraining order against George Hamilton. Lisa and her lips are still dancing with Louie in a cardio ballroom dancing class. Jerry Springer’s hip still hurts and Vivica A. Fox has hung up her dancing shoes. Joey Fatone is happy because he got some jobs out of the gig. Kenny Mayne is an idiot and I’ve seen enough of him in DanceCenter. Moving along…

Helio Castroneves’ most memorable moment was Apolo Anton Ohno’s Paso Doble. Watching that dance made him want to dance on the show. He’s glad he did. Lucky for him, he was paired with Julianne as well.

Mario Lopez is back with the high kicking cast from Chorus Line. Seems he’s been hanging with these folks on Broadway lately. Does anyone really care? Again, moving right along...

Strolling Down Memory Lane

Rascal Flatts returns to perform their cover of Life Is A Highway from the soundtrack to the movie Cars. The stunning Mel B. and the even more stunning Maks perform and this 100th episode is now officially worth my time. Maks can still move those hips and he and Mel B. are still great together. This is the pair that should be holding last season's trophy. Not that I'm holding grudges or anything. Please come back next season, Maks.

Backstage with Samantha, Kelly Monaco says she’s rooting for Kristi because she’d like to see a woman win. Anton Apolo Ohno favors the athletes so he’s pulling for Jason or Kristi. Drew Lachey feels Cristian has the momentum after taking the top spot this week. Also, he’s paired with Drew’s former partner, Cheryl. He claims to have taught her everything she knows.

Drew’s most memorable moment of the show was when Marie Osmond fainted. Reminiscing about that one is worth a chuckle. Speaking of Marie, did you know she sells dolls? Take a trip through Google and you’ll see. Be forewarned, however. Those scary ass dolls just might cause you to faint.

Contestants take a stroll down memory lane and talk about their favorites. Kristi feels she can learn the most from master showman, Joey Fatone since the judges want to see more emotion and personality from her. Marissa wants to bring it like Mel B. did. If she can just own the stage and capture the fierceness of Mel B., she knows she’d make the finals. Mario wants to have the skills of Mario Lopez. He thinks Mario gave it his all and improved week after week. Since he’s dancing with Mario Lopez’s girl Karina, he’s probably just sucking up here so he won’t get his ass kicked for all the flirting he’s done. Jason thinks Emmitt made it cool to dance. He wants to be smooth like Emmitt. Cristian has a Latin connection with Helio. He likes the way Helio brought something new every week. Ultimately, they all know they need to bring their A game to the dance floor next week for a shot in the finals.

Now, down to business. Competing in next week’s semi-finals and safe are Marissa and Tony and Kristi and Mark. Backstage, Marissa excitedly thanks her fans for saving them. Kristi is relieved and encourages the others to hope for the best. Back to Tom, we learn that also safe are Cristian and Cheryl and Jason and Edyta. That means Karina now has a reason for that sourpuss as she and Mario are going home. Unfortunate since technically, she is one of the better dancers. If she could work on that attitude, her fan base would most likely grow. Mario leaves gracefully and thanks Len for his honest remarks that have improved his dancing skills. He directly replies to Len’s comment that Mario is a great inspiration to young people. He feels the really great young people are those fighting for our country overseas. They dance their final dance center stage and Karina actually looks as if she’s having fun. She actually smiles. Or maybe she just has gas. That’s more likely.

Have you suffered through watched all 100 episodes? PM me.

Just because I care, I leave you with the best bum of 100 episodes. You don’t have to thank me.

Last edited by lildago; 05-08-2008 at 09:04 AM.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

FORT Newbie

Re: DWTS The Results 5/06 Recap : Here's To 100 More

ITA with your Maks loving and that bum pic, wonderful. But what, no mention of the Maks and Mel multiple kisses? I think you need to add that to your recap?

Just because I care, I leave you with the best bum of 100 episodes. You don’t have to thank me.
    Oh, but I do thank you. Super recap as always, lil!
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

ust because I care, I leave you with the best bum of 100 episodes. You don’t have to thank me.
    Is this reverse psychology or something? Works, in any case. Thanks!

Excellent recap, lil!
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

ghost of celebrities past
    That's an awesome and totally apt description. Fantastic recap, Lil!

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

I don't have to thank you, but I will anyway!

Great recap!

I don't really watch this show but I have a guess as to why paula abdul kicked off stuff(heard this on sirius news):

paula has practically begged the producers to let her be on the next season and is campaigning heavily for a spot. producers have contacted AI to make sure there are no conflicts and Paula stated that she knew AI would be just fine with her participating. Apparently, the DWTS folks said they would be happy to have her.

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

Ack!!! I cannot hold this in (and I don't know WHY the heck it bothers me so much either). Tom B. made a big announcement about Mario Lopez performing with the cast of A Chorus Line in a "special routine created just for that night". NUH UH!!! :nono All they did was take two of the routines(the very first and the very last in the musical) and slap them together without a break.

There I was poised, waiting for something NEW and I was so let down. Maybe they weren't willing the pay the cast of ACL for learning a new routine?

Sorry for the rant - I feel much better now.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

I forgot to mention that I thought Mario was very gracious and touching in his "farwell speech". I have a lot of respect for that young man - he did well.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

+ Reply to Thread